Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 10-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
review: Takara Masterpiece MP12 MP 12 Sideswipe Lambor

Benscollectables reviews Takara Masterpiece MP12 MP 12 Sideswipe Lambor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D66ApkhsFLo

I am definitely waiting for the Hasbro version...I have too many 3rd party products on preorder or saving for to spend that cash on a voyager sized MP figure...he looks great but not $80 great when there is sure to be a cheaper Hasbro version down the road.
He would look great on my classics shelf though I cannot deny that.

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 10-25-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin
Re: review: Takara Masterpiece MP12 MP 12 Sideswipe Lambor

I cringed when he connected the weapons to the roof in alt mode. Not a bad MP after all, but still gonna wait to see if Hasbro brings us this.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

^^x2
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

He's beautiful. I must own him

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Sokar
Armada

Not bad overall, but not really worth the asking price imo. It's a very nice figure and I think it definitely captures the feel of Sideswipe more than any other official figure so far. However, it just seems to be a bit lacking if you compare it to the likes of Grimlock, Rodimus, or the Seekers. Granted, with the seekers, they were less cartoon accurate, but at the same time they did seem to have a greater feel of quality to them overall imo

I think that a lot of the cost for this thing is going to the licensing so that it's an official countach.

I'll have to see one in person before I pick it up and then I can decide, but if the price is a bit better I can definitely see getting this one
Old 10-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
Batman
The Dark Knight

Sideswipe looks amazing. The price isn't any worse than an Alternity figure. I think mine was like $68 shipped from HLJ. This is the best modern G1 interpretation of Sideswipe and makes the Universe version look super derpy.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Nullray
IGC

He does look very amazing for being a small deluxe class Masterpiece. The QC issues from out of box with the pegs not aligning makes me weary with that price point. I also noticed the variant paint colouration from die-cast to plastic. I wish it was all die-cast. It reminds me of Alternity Prime with the red paint differences.

I don't think the licensing is at all an overall issue because the Alternator lines had full licenses from multiple brands and there price point was reasonable for a 1:24 scale. I hope there is another review soon to see if the QC issues are a one time thing for this release or will there be a 2nd edition like MP Rodi.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
Sideswipe looks amazing. The price isn't any worse than an Alternity figure. I think mine was like $68 shipped from HLJ. This is the best modern G1 interpretation of Sideswipe and makes the Universe version look super derpy.
the g1 figure made the universe one look derpy. bought and paid for, the takara fit, finish, clear coat, and box are worth it, he's a little small, and disappointed that the tires are plastic. but at the end of the day, it's an accurate g1 sideswipe, and i'm paying more than that for a broadside ffs lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
Sokar
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullray View Post
I don't think the licensing is at all an overall issue because the Alternator lines had full licenses from multiple brands and there price point was reasonable for a 1:24 scale.
The reason I suggest that it might be a bigger issue as opposed to what you see with the alternators line is because the alts were based on newer vehicles. They were basically advertisements for the new cars so chance are Hasbro was given a break on the licensing costs. The countach is not in production anymore though, so I could see it costing a bit more for licensing this time.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #10
Nullray
IGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
The reason I suggest that it might be a bigger issue as opposed to what you see with the alternators line is because the alts were based on newer vehicles. They were basically advertisements for the new cars so chance are Hasbro was given a break on the licensing costs. The countach is not in production anymore though, so I could see it costing a bit more for licensing this time.
Thats hard to say because if you get a Kyosho 1:18 Scale LP5000, the price is definitely higher in the hundred $100+ range because of overall attention to detail. Yet if you get a Burago or Maisto they are cheap. I guess I am kinda bent cause I was so hoping this release was going to be right in scale with my 1:18 collection or at least 1:24 scale to fit in with the Binaltech. MP Bumblebee was on scale. Either way I am gonna get him (Amazon version). Lambo LP5000s was one of my fav cars growing up as a kid.
Nullray is offline   Reply With Quote