Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-07-2014, 12:05 PM   #11
Alphatron
Generation 1
Re: AOE movie line...not to beat a dead horse, but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Originally I was just going to stick with the Dinobots from this line just because they were something different as far as movie toys went. I had no interest in any of the traditional bots, such as Drift, Crosswise or anything else. The other day I picked up Galvatron and to be honest I have been looking at this thing saying what a POS. I love Galvatron as a character but this thing is just horrible. Transforming him is the equivalent of putting together a bankers box, there is no imagination to this toy whatsoever and I can't see how the other bots would be any different. Even with the inevitable price adjustment that will come at some point I don't think I will be keeping him. Perhaps with how difficult some of the ROTF fiugres were to transform Hasbro decided to simplify them, but I would expect far more for a voyager class figure than what he is. As far as the rest of the toyline I will stick with Snarl and Sludge (or whatever the names are) if and when they come out but they rest will be a pass. IMO this has been far more disappointing as a toyline than I though possible.
My thoughts exactly. But Hound and evasion mode prime really are amazing figures. Give those a chance if u find them, kind of like the diamond in the sand of this line
Alphatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #12
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

As a movieverse toy fan, I like a lot of what was offered in the normal lines (deluxes, Voyagers, leaders):

Deluxe:
Crosshairs
Drift
(might pick up the new Bee, not sure)
Lockdown

Deluxe Dinobots:
Scorn
Swoop
Slash
Slug
Snarl

Voyager Dinobots
Grimlock
Slog

Voyagers:
Evasion Prime
Galvatron
Hound

Leaders:
Optimus Prime
Grimlock

But that's fifteen figures. For a whole movie line. They are taking up 2 small shelves beside the wall and a half the other 3 movies take up in my collection.

So it's 15 good-great figures for me, but man that's a small line. Especially for a movie.

Of course, not that I'm bored as my Classics, 3p, and MP shelves are overflowing this year...
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #13
Undrave
Canadian Slag

The fact that Lockdown and Drift seem to be way harder to find at retail than Slash and Strafe just shows that the over-hyping of Dinobots didn't work. AT ALL! The characters with more exposition in the movie, save for Crosshair apparently, sell way more. Also there's only TWO Decepticon for the entire movie line! I hate when they do that ><

I bet part of Lockdown's appeal is that he was the bad guy.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #14
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
As a movieverse toy fan, I like a lot of what was offered in the normal lines (deluxes, Voyagers, leaders):

Deluxe:
Crosshairs
Drift
(might pick up the new Bee, not sure)
Lockdown

Deluxe Dinobots:
Scorn
Swoop
Slash
Slug
Snarl

Voyager Dinobots
Grimlock
Slog

Voyagers:
Evasion Prime
Galvatron
Hound

Leaders:
Optimus Prime
Grimlock

But that's fifteen figures. For a whole movie line. They are taking up 2 small shelves beside the wall and a half the other 3 movies take up in my collection.

So it's 15 good-great figures for me, but man that's a small line. Especially for a movie.

Of course, not that I'm bored as my Classics, 3p, and MP shelves are overflowing this year...
You even like AOE Galvatron?
Cybertron Thunderblast is very similar to this, and a better toy in my opinion

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
The issue is that the movie designs are simply no longer appealing.
Not movie designs, movie toy designs. The challenge is gone, most of the toys are too dumbed down. I like most of them, but only Leader Grimlock and Evasion Prime wowed me by their engineering.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #16
Undrave
Canadian Slag

I wish I could get a Thunderblast, but everyone always asks a ridiculous price for her on Ebay...
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:42 PM   #17
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Not movie designs, movie toy designs. The challenge is gone, most of the toys are too dumbed down. I like most of them, but only Leader Grimlock and Evasion Prime wowed me by their engineering.
I really disagree on the engineering of Leader Grimlock. While I am currently still re-working Leader Grimlock, I feel that with the size and what they COULD do, they didn't. Grimlock for example looks great in robot mode, but they could have easily done something more impressive, from an engineering stance, for his beast mode. Deluxe TF: Prime Vehicon has a nifty leg gimmick that serves his bot/car mode. Leader Grimlock has a leg gimmick that could have been worked far better instead of that long torso thing going on. Not only that, but Voyager Grimlock filled in the beast legs quite nicely (with the hind leg part of the figure) and even that one feels better engineering that Leader version.
I simply just don't buy that this is the best they can do with the size of figure. Love or hate ROTF Prime, THAT was a pretty damn well engineering Leader figure. Hard for kids? They have 5 others to choose from. Simply saying, Hasbro could have done better.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #18
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
You even like AOE Galvatron?
Cybertron Thunderblast is very similar to this, and a better toy in my opinion
I do. The shell-forming doesn't bother me, I got over that back in G1 and BW.

The dull grey plastic would bother me except that I love to paint many of my figures, so he's a wonderful blank canvas for that.

He's an awesome truck and a cool robot, I'm happy. Not perfect, but fun for me.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #19
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I really disagree on the engineering of Leader Grimlock. While I am currently still re-working Leader Grimlock, I feel that with the size and what they COULD do, they didn't. Grimlock for example looks great in robot mode, but they could have easily done something more impressive, from an engineering stance, for his beast mode. Deluxe TF: Prime Vehicon has a nifty leg gimmick that serves his bot/car mode. Leader Grimlock has a leg gimmick that could have been worked far better instead of that long torso thing going on. Not only that, but Voyager Grimlock filled in the beast legs quite nicely (with the hind leg part of the figure) and even that one feels better engineering that Leader version.
I simply just don't buy that this is the best they can do with the size of figure. Love or hate ROTF Prime, THAT was a pretty damn well engineering Leader figure. Hard for kids? They have 5 others to choose from. Simply saying, Hasbro could have done better.
I thought the leg transformation was pretty neat. Voyager version is kinda boring in comparison.

Last edited by Pascal; 09-07-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #20
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
I wish I could get a Thunderblast, but everyone always asks a ridiculous price for her on Ebay...
Really? Then you should check the sell/trade section more often. I just bought one from SMOG for $10.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote