Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion > Cybertron.ca Podcast - Canadian Slag

Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #21
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Canadian Slag Episode 64 - Nothing Good on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducti748 View Post
The vanilla ice looking guy who paid $17,000 for the boba fett. That's "punk" he owns tapout clothing.. Hella lot of t-shirts
Oh fuck off....REALLY?!?! lol

Well I guess that explains that...though I dunno why he'd need his girlfriend's approval to buy shit. If I had his money I would not take that crap.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

I think pretty much all the negative aspects have been identified in these shows and I agree with them, I would just like to highlight some of the positive aspects:
- Seeing uber rare items that I would not have actively known about
- Seeing older figures, that may inspire me to get in my own collection
- Seeing other things people collect such as pop culture posters and comics, again something I know very little of
- Seeing how some collections are displayed, this lends some ideas for my own stuff
- Chuckling at the Host faux pas, hey they are human and they can't possibly know everything about every toy domain, either that or they are just a talking head being feed scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
...though I dunno why he'd need his girlfriend's approval to buy shit.
That's an easy one... cause "bitches b cray-Z"
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #23
Bountyan
Cybertron

Only character I want from the TFCC subscription myself is Scourge. I don't care enough for Slipstream, Jackpot is just a random assed character, Circuit is an eyesore, I'm getting Fansproject Breakdown, and I'd rather just get Big Convoy than Ultra Mammoth. I might just buy Scourge alone if I see someone selling him for a non-rape price.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #24
Undrave
Canadian Slag

EVERYBODY and their brother would like that Scourge! How that deco isn't a friggin' retail release, especially when that particular mode only had one Retail use so far, is beyond me! Seriously Hasbro?
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #25
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
EVERYBODY and their brother would like that Scourge! How that deco isn't a friggin' retail release, especially when that particular mode only had one Retail use so far, is beyond me! Seriously Hasbro?
Technically 2 if you count this one from the Ultimate Gift Set.

Just makes me hope we'll have an opportunity to get an Ultra Magnus version using the RTS mold homaging the e-hobby exclusive that used the original G2 Laser Optimus.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:00 AM   #26
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
As for Collection Intervention, as I've said it before, if you give up your collection for a low-ball price because someone tells you to - be they a girlfriend, wife, "concerned friend", etc - congrats, you were never a true collector to begin with. Hand in your collector license and don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.
Yes, because human relationships are clearly not so important as toys.

Lets assume some of the Intervention stuff is somewhat legit, like that guy with the comic boxes that were overflowing and filling up he and his wife's dining room.

Do you really expect him to continue to damage his marriage?

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #27
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Yes, because human relationships are clearly not so important as toys.

Lets assume some of the Intervention stuff is somewhat legit, like that guy with the comic boxes that were overflowing and filling up he and his wife's dining room.

Do you really expect him to continue to damage his marriage?
I think it's a lot of poor choices.

Being a collector is an organic thing, it keeps growing. Sure he just got rid of 12 long boxes so she could put a 5 by 5 table to eat. But he is going to get all that shit back in new books, you can't stop collector, specially one like him (Did you see the stack of books he reads before bed while she sleeps?)

Again this is about choices, she married and got a place with someone who clearly has "a lot of shit", I have been down that road. You have to think about not only what you have now....... but what you might have later (Again, collecting is organic... it grows)

Also I think the way he handled his comic sorting could have been done a lot better. Get a damn storage locker for 30 bucks a month, it was not THAT much comics.

There is a lot of other issues, but I ain't going to get into it.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Also I think the way he handled his comic sorting could have been done a lot better. Get a damn storage locker for 30 bucks a month, it was not THAT much comics.

There is a lot of other issues, but I ain't going to get into it.

I suspect that guy would not have been comfortable with having his prize goodies in a storage locker. He clearly has numerous issues.

Can one rent a climate controlled storage locker for $30 a month? I'm just wondering because you wouldn't want store comics in heat and humidity and such.

Maybe he would have had other options given the chance or idea to try different things.

Lastly that episode simply confirmed to me that comics, by and large, aren't worth nuttin.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #29
Protoman
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I suspect that guy would not have been comfortable with having his prize goodies in a storage locker. He clearly has numerous issues.

Can one rent a climate controlled storage locker for $30 a month? I'm just wondering because you wouldn't want store comics in heat and humidity and such.

Maybe he would have had other options given the chance or idea to try different things.

Lastly that episode simply confirmed to me that comics, by and large, aren't worth nuttin.
In Quebec there is a place right across from my garage/work that always advertises STORAGE! GREAT FOR MOTORCYCLE! 29.99/month. So I figure if it's for motorcycle to avoid the cold/salt filled Quebec winters for your fancy bike, I am sure it could fit a few long boxes safely instead of getting rid of 13 of them for a Hulk #181 (Which by the way he will NEVER READ OR OPEN ANYHOW)

Also a lot of the books he had came from the mid-late 80s early 90s aka when comics were GREAT but also oversaturated in the market, thus no value.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #30
Jawz. D
That Black Guy

I'm always judging you Protoman. Ultra 64 indeed. :P

Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/JawzD
Jawz. D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canadian slag, podcast