Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-21-2020, 12:53 AM   #10901
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msol View Post
Oh hey I just want to put it out there: Cyberverse Hammerbyte is frigging amazing.

I read your comment, decided to watch a video review on him and ya... it actually looks really tempting to get. I pretty much wrote off the cyberverse toyline, but this ones engineering is cool. The deluxe class line looks good too, but nothing I'm really interested in yet... we'll see...

Thanks for your shout out, I wanted to do something similar when I first got a hold of Studio Series voyager Sentinel Prime. It's a really good figure with great engineering, and just plain fun to transform.
Harry Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:34 AM   #10902
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
I read your comment, decided to watch a video review on him and ya... it actually looks really tempting to get. I pretty much wrote off the cyberverse toyline, but this ones engineering is cool. The deluxe class line looks good too, but nothing I'm really interested in yet... we'll see...

Thanks for your shout out, I wanted to do something similar when I first got a hold of Studio Series voyager Sentinel Prime. It's a really good figure with great engineering, and just plain fun to transform.
Honestly you're missing out on some great figures.

You have to remember this is supposed to be a line geared towards a younger age group compared to Generations/WFC. I honestly believe this is a line that should be more popular than it is based on the toys, and show, produced.

Yes the plastic quality, and gimmicks really hurt some of the figures. However the armour gimmick is actually really show accurate, and they made a Titan!!!

I have about 20 figures, don't ask me how that happened I can't believe it myself. However if you are interested in trying out some now hit up Winners/Marshalls. They are getting some in stock now, and cheaper than regular retail.

My favourites from the line, so far, are:

Warrior class (deluxe) Windblade. She is unfortunately floppy in the legs. However she is a great design with an awesome gimmick (spinning wing turbines.

Deluxe Arcee (baf Macadam version). Without a doubt one of my favourite versions of Arcee. I can't believe how much better she is than most of the Cyberverse figures. She seems to have been given more money for design, paint and accessories. I actually paid full price for her and feel like it was well worth the money.

One step Bludgeon and Whirl. Man I usually can't stand one step toys, but these two!?! They are incredible for what they are. I love to just fiddle with them when I have them in hand. Definitely worth getting if you can find them on sale. (Not full price though).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:01 AM   #10903
delrue
Crossover

Can confirm that 1-step Whirl is a fun little figure. I don't know if I'd wait for it to go on sale though as it seems to be the first one selling out everywhere.

Especially get one if you have a Rotorstorm as he makes a very fine son.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:35 AM   #10904
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Can confirm that 1-step Whirl is a fun little figure. I don't know if I'd wait for it to go on sale though as it seems to be the first one selling out everywhere.

Especially get one if you have a Rotorstorm as he makes a very fine son.

I found Whirl and Bludgeon at local Winners this past week, and they were only $7.99. So if you find it there definitely pick it up, you won't be sorry. (That's for Harry Prime)

I forgot to add Warrior Class Gnaw. Great, solid toy with a fun gimmick and good design. I will wait to see what SS86 does for a deluxe Gnaw, but for now it is my favourite version of a Sharkticon.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:33 PM   #10905
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Honestly you're missing out on some great figures.

You have to remember this is supposed to be a line geared towards a younger age group compared to Generations/WFC. I honestly believe this is a line that should be more popular than it is based on the toys, and show, produced.

Yes the plastic quality, and gimmicks really hurt some of the figures. However the armour gimmick is actually really show accurate, and they made a Titan!!!

I have about 20 figures, don't ask me how that happened I can't believe it myself. However if you are interested in trying out some now hit up Winners/Marshalls. They are getting some in stock now, and cheaper than regular retail.

My favourites from the line, so far, are:

Warrior class (deluxe) Windblade. She is unfortunately floppy in the legs. However she is a great design with an awesome gimmick (spinning wing turbines.

Deluxe Arcee (baf Macadam version). Without a doubt one of my favourite versions of Arcee. I can't believe how much better she is than most of the Cyberverse figures. She seems to have been given more money for design, paint and accessories. I actually paid full price for her and feel like it was well worth the money.

One step Bludgeon and Whirl. Man I usually can't stand one step toys, but these two!?! They are incredible for what they are. I love to just fiddle with them when I have them in hand. Definitely worth getting if you can find them on sale. (Not full price though).

Thanks for the added suggestions. I checked out reviews for them all. Whirl is the standout fig to me. He's more like a 5-step changer and, like you said, for a "1-step" he is impressive with decent articulation, if I find him at Winners/Marshalls I would pick him up.

I always liked deluxe Arcee too, but I'm limited in money and still really like my generations Arcee. I'm not going to get ER Arcee, but will probably get the Elita-1 repaint.

Gnaw is cool, I almost bought him when he first came out to go with legends Gnaw, but again, money issues and running out of shelf space, I just decided to not get him.

I'm not sure how much longer this line is going to go, but if they release some of the new characters that were created in the show and release them as deluxes, i would seriously consider those. A deluxe Hammerbyte would be sweet!! or Clobber, Rack n' Ruin, Wildwheel.

Did you like RID 2012? I didn't think I was going to like that toyline, but I ended up buying pretty much the whole Warrior class line and a couple one steps. A few of these remind me of some Cyberverse figs like Bludgeon that's why I'm not picking up a lot of them.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:47 PM   #10906
Wheelwave
Cybertron

I know about restrictions about touching merchandise now. But is there anywhere I can go for feeling new Lego Minifigures?

Nothing
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 01:15 AM   #10907
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

I ended up getting Cyberverse Hammerbyte, and he's a good little fig, I wanted to give him a weapon so I put POTP Jazz's gun in his hand and it looks pretty good on him. When I had him in shark mode I put the weapon underneath in the hand spot pointing forward and I thought it looked really good with weapons there. Now I want to look for 2 matching weapons that could fit for both sides to even it out aesthetically, and it should help with covering up the under belly mess too.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #10908
Harry Prime
Post and roll out!!

What's up with EB Games pushing the release date further and further for Sunstreaker and a few other figs. Back in September it was going to be released October 1st, and every week it keeps getting pushed up, just checked yesterday and now it says Nov 13th, last week it said Nov 1st.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:38 AM   #10909
Ransak The Elder
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Prime View Post
What's up with EB Games pushing the release date further and further for Sunstreaker and a few other figs. Back in September it was going to be released October 1st, and every week it keeps getting pushed up, just checked yesterday and now it says Nov 13th, last week it said Nov 1st.

EB is handling wave 2 and 3 really oddly (i wasnt around for wave 1). It was about a month between the first allicon and first smokescreens started showing up. Sunstreaker was also the only figure of wave 3 you could preorder in store. The warehouse is opening and distributing figures is a very odd manner. Maybe internally they only allocate 2-3 per shipment which screws up the cases of 4.
Ransak The Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:40 AM   #10910
RocketGTR
Animated

It just means they're not getting stock from Hasbro on time is all. Just have patience. Or if not then secure from another source.