Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #11
Tech Spec
Canadian Slag
Re: TRU Back road brawl Hoist and Mixmaster set out in Canada!

I had some ROC figs I got as gifts during the summer and return them to TRU for credit. Ended up paying $42 after taxes, isn't too bad on the wallet I guess.
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #12
pulsedragon20
I win
Re: Toys R' Us Back Road Brawl Set Sighted in Canadian Retail

I think Hasbro is getting stupider...deluxe+voyager =$50 and not $45/$46? ...guess the new paint job (and palstic) costs about $4-$5 extra

shelf warmer...
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #13
TFtoys
Animated

I am really lost interest in the repaint set....
unless the Hoist is repaint from the "final stand" with the Fox's figure sitting in....
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:09 AM   #14
jackwacko
Classic

Yet another shelfwarming overpriced pack... I still see those Masters of Metallikotos even after that sale.. Gathering at the nemesis has that crap megatron and $75 isn't gonna help, and the only reason one would buy this set is for that Hoist... at $50....
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:56 AM   #15
TheLogicalProwl
Beast Machine

As much as I like these two figures (yes, even Mixmaster). I too smell another shelfwarmer. Will buy at $35, and may even jump at $39.

I can say one thing. My local TRU has not moved one Whirl/Bludgeon or Nemesis set. What were they thinking?
TheLogicalProwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:55 AM   #16
Icetron

Hmm I thought this was reported already but guess not. I'm actually not really interested in either, easy pass for me!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:20 AM   #17
jackwacko
Classic

In TRU Richmond over here, even leader Megs and Prime are kinda shelfwarming.. and those are actually good figures.. Wouldn't it have been smarter to get rid of those guys? Who take up a lot of shelf space.. literally.. Honestly i would buy that Leader Prime for $40.. even $45.. But these stupid sets can go burn... I don't see any reason of them, getting a new mold from them might have helped, but NOOO let's just repaint EVERYTHING... Shoving that crap Megatron doesn't do that $75 pack any good. Mixmaster is decent, but with that freak-show of a head... definate turn off and another Shelfwarmer.. Heck my friend returned his Metalikotos set after one day.. and he got it as a fricken gift...
jackwacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #18
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwacko View Post
In TRU Richmond over here, even leader Megs and Prime are kinda shelfwarming.. and those are actually good figures.. Wouldn't it have been smarter to get rid of those guys? Who take up a lot of shelf space.. literally.. Honestly i would buy that Leader Prime for $40.. even $45.. But these stupid sets can go burn... I don't see any reason of them, getting a new mold from them might have helped, but NOOO let's just repaint EVERYTHING... Shoving that crap Megatron doesn't do that $75 pack any good. Mixmaster is decent, but with that freak-show of a head... definate turn off and another Shelfwarmer.. Heck my friend returned his Metalikotos set after one day.. and he got it as a fricken gift...
Leader megs is a known shelf warmer anywhere, im surprised you actually see prime floating around. these sets that have come out are simply not going to sell. parents wont shell out 60 to 80 bucks with tax for these packs. Not when they can buy a few scouts for 10 a piece, and then a voyager on top or a couple deluxes. Adults (and collectors) want the most for their bucks (at least I do) and these sets are too over priced for that "wow! look at this!" impulse purchase for collectors and that birthday gift for a son or daughter.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #19
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

We have the popularity of the first film and the scaricity caused by underestimating said popularity in toy sales for these jumped up prices on exclusive items, not Hasbro's fault, I'd wager. Unless they're dictating what the prices should be, but I always thought TRU, Wal-Mart, Whatever had the final say on their pricing for exclusive items?

Anyway, unless I became a millionaire over night, I wouldn't fitter away my hard earned cash on two figures that are repaints, and are priced higher than the combination of a single boxed Voyager and single carded Deluxe. I'll just save my cash for BOGO at Superstore, at least there I know I'm getting a deal, even with the higher price point for the deluxe figures.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:04 AM   #20
chans formers
raff ow roud
Re: TRU Back road brawl Hoist and Mixmaster set out in Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Sounds like everyone here is going to buy a $50 Hoist...
sounds like you're right. wtf hasbro?even the first movie scorponok/blackout set was only 39.99,and even then that was kinda pricey but worth it for 2 new figs.this set,most guys just want hoist but not at 50 bones!!! it's easier and cheaper just to make our own hoist from strong arm.weak sauce hasbro....total weak saucethe only way they can fix this screw up is to package hoist as a "single" deluxe.(keep your fingers crossed boys)

Tags
exclusive, toys "r" us