Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-07-2017, 11:48 PM   #21
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys R Us Deluxe Skullitron and Megatron Released

C$40 each is a joke and it's TRU Canada. These are $20 USD down here in the States (currently on vacation) and with their sale (BOGO-40%Off) I got them both for $32 USD plus tax.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:52 AM   #22
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys R Us Deluxe Skullitron and Megatron Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Prices increase over years? Do tell.

Titans return has been quality and awesome. I don't buy the "worse and worse" theory.

As far as the movie stuff no fucking idea. Obscene prices. Barely any actual toys. Nothing's exactly flying off the shelves.

Your average collector is informed enough to know these exclusives are hot garbage. Kids aren't buying this shit with their allowance. Even grandparents aren't this dumb, and at that, they buy all the primes and bees. So who the actual fuck is going to be shelling out for this garbage?
The quality do get worse over the years. Just look at the cybertron line figures compare to your Titan return line. Well, just my opinion.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:57 AM   #23
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
The quality do get worse over the years. Just look at the cybertron line figures compare to your Titan return line. Well, just my opinion.
Yeah no. Like many you're equating mass with quality. The plastic is different, so they can get the same strength from less.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:13 AM   #24
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
I was actually going to use that for the other side of the agument. The Titans return deluxes are as big as the deluxes from Cybertron and have a much higher parts count with more complex transformations. Compare Triggerhappy to Deluxe Hot Shot for instance and its night and way with Hot Shot being closer to a G1 brick by comparison. And anyone who rants about simplified transformations should steer far away from those toys. They might get a heart attack when transforming Cybertron Menasor and realizing that he isnt anymore complext than a 3 step toy. Plus, the difference in articulation from Cybertron to Titans Return is as stark as comparing a current deluxe toy to current MP.

I still love all those toys for what they are but the technological advancement is really clear to me and I feel we get more from these toys than we did with the Cybertron ones. Especially with a much less intrusive gimmick.

And lets be straight here, doesn anyone really miss this?

Transformers Cybertron Smokescreen Gallery

Transformers Cybertron Thunderblast (Chromia) Gallery

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 08-08-2017 at 10:16 AM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #25
Jove
Nostalgia Enthusiast

Quote:
I can't agree. The quality of the designs of the Cybertron line toys was pretty bad in many ways; the recent CW and TR stuff has been really good by comparison.
I also don't think that the quality of the materials is significantly different. Weight does not always indicate quality.

The price jump for a deluxe from $20 to $30 is ridiculous, however. I can't imagine that this will live past the movie stuff. Although price creep is inevitable, becauseā€¦ inflation. (If you aren't convinced, go ask your father how much a candy bar was in "his day").
Jove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #26
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I can't agree. The quality of the designs of the Cybertron line toys was pretty bad in many ways; the recent CW and TR stuff has been really good by comparison.
I also don't think that the quality of the materials is significantly different. Weight does not always indicate quality.

The price jump for a deluxe from $20 to $30 is ridiculous, however. I can't imagine that this will live past the movie stuff. Although price creep is inevitable, becauseā€¦ inflation. (If you aren't convinced, go ask your father how much a candy bar was in "his day").

Chug deluxes seemed stuck at 15.99 for a lonnnng ass time. Then they jumped to 17.99 for cw, and now 19.99. so four bucks in three years, but after a lengthy period where the price held. Voyagers are still thirty. Leaders at sixty, no electronics, is probably the toughest for me to swallow. They were, what, fifty? Albeit it wasn't a common class size in chug until recently.

So hopefully deluxes hold at 20. And seriously, with regular sales and the 45 day low price guarantee, I never pay full retail at Tru. Everything is 25% off or more.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #27
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
C$40 each is a joke and it's TRU Canada. These are $20 USD down here in the States (currently on vacation) and with their sale (BOGO-40%Off) I got them both for $32 USD plus tax.
I just come back from a Canadian TRU where I got them for $31.40 USD plus tax. The exclusives were all at my TRU next to the standard deluxes under the deluxe price tags and there were no price tags for these exclusives. So by the laws of quebec (I didnt even need to request it) I got them each for $20 CDN which comes out to $31.40 USD all together.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #28
Pascal
Banned

Got Skullitron for free when I purchased Infernocus & Megatron, so it's the same. Infernocus at regular price and the 2 deluxes for $20 each. Still don't understand why they're $40 though, in the US, they're priced the same as the other deluxes.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 12:47 AM   #29
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Got Skullitron for free when I purchased Infernocus & Megatron, so it's the same. Infernocus at regular price and the 2 deluxes for $20 each. Still don't understand why they're $40 though, in the US, they're priced the same as the other deluxes.
NICE you got that too! And yeah I dont get it either. It kind of sucks that we have to rely on the store not doing a good job with the pricing shown for us to be able to get them at what would be the standard price of deluxes in other lines.
Old 08-11-2017, 01:08 AM   #30
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
I just come back from a Canadian TRU where I got them for $31.40 USD plus tax. The exclusives were all at my TRU next to the standard deluxes under the deluxe price tags and there were no price tags for these exclusives. So by the laws of quebec (I didnt even need to request it) I got them each for $20 CDN which comes out to $31.40 USD all together.

Should of used a 2 for 1 coupon
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote