Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 10-13-2021, 08:40 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Transformers HasLab Victory Saber ? New Official Color Prototype 360 Video

The official HasLab Victory Saber webpage have updated a new official 360 video showing off the color prototype of Victory Saber for your viewing pleasure. The video gives us a clear look from several angles of the Brainmaster unit, Saber, Victory Leo (and their respective alt modes), the V-Lock cannon, Autobot stand, V-Shield and the Victory Saber combined modes. We can spot some details like the V-lock cannon that can be attached to Victory Saber’s back, and the V-Shield attaches to the arm via a clip and not with a handle. The HasLab Victory Saber ended with more than » Continue Reading.

The post Transformers HasLab Victory Saber – New Official Color Prototype 360 Video appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 10-14-2021, 12:36 AM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: Transformers HasLab Victory Saber ? New Official Color Prototype 360 Video

This is awesome and I'm glad I backed it. I just feel like all of the tier unlocks were pointless. Everything that was "unlocked" felt like they should have been included if this was a general release figure. Look at the amount of stuff Commander Class Rodimus came with and all at $125 retail.

I'm not trying to be overly picky, but I feel like they could have given us better unlocks for the price and the fact that they reached over 27,000 backers.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 05:49 AM   #3
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
This is awesome and I'm glad I backed it. I just feel like all of the tier unlocks were pointless. Everything that was "unlocked" felt like they should have been included if this was a general release figure. Look at the amount of stuff Commander Class Rodimus came with and all at $125 retail.

I'm not trying to be overly picky, but I feel like they could have given us better unlocks for the price and the fact that they reached over 27,000 backers.

True, but Rodimus would have a larger production run, and lower ancillary costs to get to retail. All of which allows Hasbro to offer it at a lower price for retailers to sell.

Victory Saber is a lower production run, and Hasbro takes on all the costs of getting it to the consumer (shipping to each country, and logistics to get them shipped out within country through local partners). Thus a higher cost to Hasbro specificially. Especially since they offer free shipping in the US, and only $30 for Canada. Which with current postal/shipping rates is a money loser for the larger items. I mean I just received my Sentinel yesterday, and there is no way Canada Post, or FedEx in this case, would have shipped this for less than $40 (Cdn) even with whatever discount they give Hasbro.

Now of course all of that is factored into the price, but again that contributes to the final price.

Anyway, I agree that the price might be a bit higher than I would have liked, but I also get why these projects are so much higher.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:55 AM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
True, but Rodimus would have a larger production run, and lower ancillary costs to get to retail. All of which allows Hasbro to offer it at a lower price for retailers to sell.

Victory Saber is a lower production run, and Hasbro takes on all the costs of getting it to the consumer (shipping to each country, and logistics to get them shipped out within country through local partners). Thus a higher cost to Hasbro specificially. Especially since they offer free shipping in the US, and only $30 for Canada. Which with current postal/shipping rates is a money loser for the larger items. I mean I just received my Sentinel yesterday, and there is no way Canada Post, or FedEx in this case, would have shipped this for less than $40 (Cdn) even with whatever discount they give Hasbro.

Now of course all of that is factored into the price, but again that contributes to the final price.

Anyway, I agree that the price might be a bit higher than I would have liked, but I also get why these projects are so much higher.

Price aside, I was more disappointed with the unlock tiers. They would have most likely included all of these items in a regular release, so the fact they consider these extras as something special is kind of lame.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:20 PM   #5
Prime Sinister
Animated

Once we blown past 20K, I was hoping for a 4th tier bonus like Doom head for Galactus.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:56 PM   #6
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

The unlocks are always an issue with these kind of projects. Hasbro has to do the whole cost/benefit analysis thing.

In a perfect world the unlocks should be some kind of "value" to the whole project that would incentivize more people to join. However I agree that with Victory Saber they missed the mark. The V-Lock cannon should have been part of the whole package, and not an unlock. Probably the same for the shield. The stand, blast effects and mini cons are nice, but not essential. As such they are the right kind of extras for unlocks. Whether they offer enough perceived value is subjective.

Either way, Hasbro has shown that they are only willing to put so much money into the unlocks. All the previous projects have had a lot of reuse parts, or basic production items, included in the unlock tiers. (ML/SW figures, weapons, blast effects, etc.) I mean the V-Lock Cannon, Stand and shield all are basically one, or two, piece products, very little molding needed. The other stuff (blast effects, mini cons) are existing molds reused.

Finally, the Sentinel was a mistake on Hasbro's part when it came to the unlocks. They blew past all the stretch goals so quickly that they buckled to the pressure and added another tier with a second tentacle. Thus began the constant chatter with each successive project that there would/should be another unlock that they haven't announced. That is always a nice idea, but it isn't realistic. They haven't done another unannounced unlock since the Sentinel, but yet people keep thinking there is some secret item just waiting because Hasbro went past their target.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote