Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
Rev
Addict
Re: Collecting TF's (need some opinions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
Here's a tip: Don't let yourself feel obligated to buy anything, for instance completing a set of seekers, if you don't actually want to OWN a full set of seekers. Masterpieces are big, they're expensive, and there's a lot of mold reuse. I think you'll be happier down the line if you only go for things you think you'll love

Also, yeah, maybe get a Grimlock too, since he's somewhat available right now and he's pretty rad.

-BT
That's a great tip. There is a lot of mould reuse. Unless you have space and money for all those seekers, just get the ones you really need.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #12
Devotron
Machine War

Wow, haha thanks guys for all the tips! Yea at first I was thinking damn getting all thoses seekers would cost a fortune, Plus I would never be able to afford those coneheads from igear, For me at least. I am only 16 but I got 2 Part time jobs haha. Anyway, I think I am going to start saving up right now for next year, ( praying for that new megs or galvatron 8D)

Last edited by Devotron; 06-13-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Devotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #13
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotron View Post
Wow, haha thanks guys for all the tips! Yea at first I was thinking damn getting all thoses seekers would cost a fortune, Plus I would never be able to afford those coneheads from igear, For me at least. I am only 16 but I got 2 Part time jobs haha. Anyway, I think I am going to start saving up right now for next year, ( praying for that new megs or galvatron 8D)
It's a safe bet that Cone Heads will be coming next year. And yup Galvatron too.

On a separate note, I think it's pretty rad that a 16 year old is interested in the masterpiece line and the G1 cartoon which it is meant to homage.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:38 PM   #14
elburrito
Animated

Don't overlook the G1 toys. Sure, they are expensive mint, but one can find them in various states of completeness/brokenness for relatively cheap and it is a lot of fun building the good ones over the years.

Also, because the line is complete, your collecting goals/budget are not prone to being blown out of the water by a newly released MP.

Finally, be sure to check out some of the Asian online dealers:

- nippon-yasan
- anime export
- hobby link Japan
- action Robo

to name a few. When MP toys are first released, they are often 1/2 the price of the US retailers on these sites.

Good hunting!

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #15
Devotron
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
Don't overlook the G1 toys. Sure, they are expensive mint, but one can find them in various states of completeness/brokenness for relatively cheap and it is a lot of fun building the good ones over the years.

Also, because the line is complete, your collecting goals/budget are not prone to being blown out of the water by a newly released MP.

Finally, be sure to check out some of the Asian online dealers:

- nippon-yasan
- anime export
- hobby link Japan
- action Robo

to name a few. When MP toys are first released, they are often 1/2 the price of the US retailers on these sites.

Good hunting!
I loved the g1 toys, I grew up with devastator, superior, menasor, I also had a shackwave, jetfire, prime, six shot, and broadside. I had these when I was like 7-9 I took care of them even then and had them on display in my room, then due to family complications and moving they were lost ;( just this year after playing the foc game I felt like I needed to have them again haha. Also thanks for the website links, I will keep my eye on them. 8D

Last edited by Devotron; 06-13-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #16
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Some great advice on here, and like MULTIPLEX said it's great to see a younger generation interested in G1 <oh hey, my egg timer just went off...time to take my Geritol and put my dentures back in!!!>

I hear you about the the OCD + MP Seekers. I ended up getting all of them anyways, swapping out Wal-Mart MP SW's head so he has red eyes instead of Hasbro yellow. But Hasbro MP-01 Acid Storm's green eyes kinda throw things off balance. I'm considering sticking Skywarp's head with yellow eyes onto MP-11s so he and his Rainmaker brother will match in terms of not having red eyes like the primary Seekers.

Anyhoo I do recommend at least picking up MP-11 Starscream if you're focusing just on Decepticons for now. He looks great alongside MP Soundwave and FT-03 Quakewave, creating the essential Decepticon Trinity in absence of a properly scaled MP Megatron, IMO.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
Marcotron
Robot Master

Have you considered the Alternators line?
I've got a few of them, and they look quite nice standing next to mp-01 prime. Hound in particular is the nicest I think. Tracks is also quite a good mold. I don't have any of the MP cars, the datsuns or the lamborghinis, but I have a sideswipe alternator that I'll keep on the shelf untill* the lambos go down in price (*if).
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #18
Devotron
Machine War

I have seen the alternators line, I am just not that into import cars, I am more into american muscle kind of stuff, yea sure the the viper and corvette are in there but thats only 2, Thats why I am making a custom one 8D haha
Old 06-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #19
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devotron View Post
I have seen the alternators line, I am just not that into import cars, I am more into american muscle kind of stuff, yea sure the the viper and corvette are in there but thats only 2, Thats why I am making a custom one 8D haha
Also Alternators/Binaltech Wheeljack and Grimlock were 5th Generation Mustangs, though that particular mold was a beeyatch to convert hence why I eventually offloaded them.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #20
Devotron
Machine War

Yea so Thanks again guys, I am going to wait for the new mp Megatron! need to recoup from the mp10b first haha.