Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
Dragon Knight
Geass'd
The Hotel Staff

So I Just wanted to put this out there that I've had one major issue with the staff this year. There was one receptionist lady that was there on the Saturday, a blonde hair lady that I needed asked towels for a dealer table that was missing one.

I got my stuff sorted out in the end, but the woman was acting like I was ruining her day or something, and I was not getting very pleasant vibes from her at all.

Other then that, the people at the Quest bar have been pretty friendly people, they were ready to accommodate a request of mine even though they weren't really suppose to.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: The Hotel Staff

Should have got her name bro.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Could do without having housekeeping come by at 9am to clean the room. Never seen that anywhere else in my life that early.

Quest bar staff leave a lot to be desired. I got handed off to three different servers on Friday, one of which didn't know what I had ordered and was making several rounds of the restaurant with my order trying to figure out whose it was.

Then they tried to charge me $25 for a single order of Poutine, and I've yet to see a bill without having to go and beg someone for it(I might still be sitting there from yesterday if I hadn't taken the initiative )

All minor stuff to be sure, but worth noting.

On the positive, they did promptly fix an issue with our tv and we seem to have free wifi, so bonus

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Ouch!
Sounds like the hotel still have issues to work out.

Watching tv at a convention?
When would you get the time?

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
ARCTrooperAlpha
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Other then that, the people at the Quest bar have been pretty friendly people, they were ready to accommodate a request of mine even though they weren't really suppose to.
Really ? What WAS your request ?
ARCTrooperAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #6
Swalloweddark
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Could do without having housekeeping come by at 9am to clean the room. Never seen that anywhere else in my life that early.
If you left the 'Please disturb sign on your door they would've never bother you. I left mine on all weekend and all they did was just ask if i needed anything when I saws them.
-------

Love this hotel and the staff. Very generous and helpful. From the many I have been to throughout my 13 years of conventionalizing and moving from hotel to hotel the Delta has the most friendliest staff and housekeeping. I always love staying there.

They helped bring out stuff up without asking, was willing to clear the way when we needed the room and was always there to offer their help in carrying anything and holding doors.

I'll keep going there~
Swalloweddark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Ouch!
Sounds like the hotel still have issues to work out.

Watching tv at a convention?
When would you get the time?
Watching Transformers and YouTube stuff from the convention.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

[QUOTE=Swalloweddark;523655]If you left the 'Please disturb sign on your door they would've never bother you. I left mine on all weekend and all they did was just ask if i needed anything when I saws them.
-------

We wanted the room cleaned, just not when people were still,let sleeping. In my experience the standard time for room refreshing is more in the midafternoon.

We wouldn't be in the room as the convention gets rolling and panels and such begin. It would simply be better for them to delay the room cleaning until a better time.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

[QUOTE=Robimus;523662]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalloweddark View Post
If you left the 'Please disturb sign on your door they would've never bother you. I left mine on all weekend and all they did was just ask if i needed anything when I saws them.
-------

We wanted the room cleaned, just not when people were still,let sleeping. In my experience the standard time for room refreshing is more in the midafternoon.

We wouldn't be in the room as the convention gets rolling and panels and such begin. It would simply be better for them to delay the room cleaning until a better time.
We dont get the room cleaned all weekend. I dont like strangers in my room or fondling thing

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
Swalloweddark
Generation 2

[QUOTE=Robimus;523662]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swalloweddark View Post
-------

Well they do it because their on that floor and they have to clean other rooms for people to come in. If they waited until midafternoon than no rooms would be ready when needed.

You could leave the sign on until you were ready for them to come in or even just call the front desk and schedule I time for room cleaning.

But yea, I don't like anyone in my room when I'm not there but I was asked when checking out if I was done wiht the room so they could clean it.
Swalloweddark is offline   Reply With Quote