Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 06-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
EVERYTHING Ultima Guard Review

A look at EVERYTHING about Wei Jiang's Ultima Guard, their take on Omega Supreme. I am very sorry that this is so very long, but I wanted to leave absolutely nothing out. As such, I am providing a handy-dandy index guide, so folks can find the specific information that they may want to know. Sufficed to say, none of the three options we have available for this guy are bad, and I comment on what I know about Gabriel and Terminus Giganticus throughout (even though I don't have those figures). There are things they do better and things this guy does better. A lot of it boils down to taste. So, judge for yourself. Who do you like best, and why?
Index -
0:00 - Introduction, unboxing and packaging
12.54 - Accessories and LR41 battery replacement options
19:58 - Bonus figure inspired by the character of "Doc" and comparison with voyage class Elita- 1
25.19 - How to put all parts of the toy together out-of-box
38.54 - Paint applications and articulation. I also answer the question about whether or not he can stand perfectly straight
51.23 - Strength of shoulder ratchets
53.41 - Closeups of the face and other detailing
54:45 - Size comparisons with titan class Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon and Devastator.
1:03:35 - Robot mode lights and sounds gimmicks
1:07:00 - Transformation to base mode and all features of the shuttle component
1:28:27 - Base overview
1:32:12 - Can Fortress Maximus fit inside the track?
1:32:28 - Can Metroplex fit inside the track?
1:33:28 - Ultimate Autobot base (final evolution?) and closing thoughts
https://youtu.be/H3ZWAyYRiNM
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:14 AM   #2
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's
Re: EVERYTHING Ultima Guard Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
A look at EVERYTHING about Wei Jiang's Ultima Guard, their take on Omega Supreme. I am very sorry that this is so very long, but I wanted to leave absolutely nothing out. As such, I am providing a handy-dandy index guide, so folks can find the specific information that they may want to know. Sufficed to say, none of the three options we have available for this guy are bad, and I comment on what I know about Gabriel and Terminus Giganticus throughout (even though I don't have those figures). There are things they do better and things this guy does better. A lot of it boils down to taste. So, judge for yourself. Who do you like best, and why?
Index -
0:00 - Introduction, unboxing and packaging
12.54 - Accessories and LR41 battery replacement options
19:58 - Bonus figure inspired by the character of "Doc" and comparison with voyage class Elita- 1
25.19 - How to put all parts of the toy together out-of-box
38.54 - Paint applications and articulation. I also answer the question about whether or not he can stand perfectly straight
51.23 - Strength of shoulder ratchets
53.41 - Closeups of the face and other detailing
54:45 - Size comparisons with titan class Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon and Devastator.
1:03:35 - Robot mode lights and sounds gimmicks
1:07:00 - Transformation to base mode and all features of the shuttle component
1:28:27 - Base overview
1:32:12 - Can Fortress Maximus fit inside the track?
1:32:28 - Can Metroplex fit inside the track?
1:33:28 - Ultimate Autobot base (final evolution?) and closing thoughts
https://youtu.be/H3ZWAyYRiNM
That Omega Supreme looks incredible, very much appreciate you putting the times in your review for the size comparisons with Fort Max, etc. and if they fit inside the track.

I mentioned in another thread that I would consider getting him if dealers would bring it to TFCon. Mind if I asked how much the total cost was including shipping and taxes? I'm apprehensive about having something that big shipped, but your box seemed okay.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:49 AM   #3
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I don't expect anyone to watch the full review, it is a monster, but rather than searching through a few different videos I really wanted to offer a one stop for whatever info I could find, especially when after seeing others I was still left with questions, especially about things like size and I have seen so, so many ask if the titans can fit in the track and such. Also noteworthy, the plastic feels nice, dense and robust.

I found that, at the time I got him, the best deal was from showZstore. I had never ordered from them before but this transaction went really, really well. All in, exchange rate, taxes , shipped, everything, he cost me 291 CAD. I looked at it this way, a titan, taxes in, at regular price here in NL works out to be 264 (our taxes are bloody insane at 15 percent). Comparatively, that meant a difference of only 27 bucks, which I justified with the electronics in the main figure and the bonus Doc figure, who is fun to fiddle with himself. Hope that helps.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:57 AM   #4
Longshot
Pretender

Thanks for the review and the index is much appreciated.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
OptimusB38
Optimus B

Yeah thanks I’ve been considering this same figure
OptimusB38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #6
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Thanks for the review and the index is much appreciated.
You are very welcome. There was no fair way for me to present this without an index. I hope it was helpful to some questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusB38 View Post
Yeah thanks I’ve been considering this same figure
He is totally worth it and very well made, for what that's worth to you.