Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 06:14 PM   #11
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Next line after POTP? Thoughts?

Voyager Seekers

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:22 PM   #12
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Legends Warpath, Huffer, and Pipes as well.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:55 PM   #13
Nocturn
Previously Dead

More Beast Era, more non-g1 in general

G1 is fine but it was basically all we got the last three generations lines, the Gen line before with Skybyte et al had a way nicer variety and more representatives from across the wealth of fictions.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturn View Post
More Beast Era, more non-g1 in general

G1 is fine but it was basically all we got the last three generations lines, the Gen line before with Skybyte et al had a way nicer variety and more representatives from across the wealth of fictions.
But that's because that line was celebrating 30 years of the brand. I guess that means we need to wait another 15 years or so to have a thrilling 50 line where we will get more than just one beast era figure
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:30 AM   #15
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
But that's because that line was celebrating 30 years of the brand. I guess that means we need to wait another 15 years or so to have a thrilling 50 line where we will get more than just one beast era figure
Yes, Omega Supreme would be fantastic.

By Thrilling 50, we should have the flying skateboard that Daniel was using in the beginning of the 1986 film.

In my head, I still feel the cartoons after The Return of Optimus Prime is new, the North American series of Headmasters. That’s where my Transformers universe ends.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:02 PM   #16
DinobotsDestroyU
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Yes, Omega Supreme would be fantastic.

By Thrilling 50, we should have the flying skateboard that Daniel was using in the beginning of the 1986 film.

In my head, I still feel the cartoons after The Return of Optimus Prime is new, the North American series of Headmasters. That’s where my Transformers universe ends.
LOL! You read my mind! I would also add Robots in Disguise was a good attempt at trying to revitalize the brand (note the word attempt)
Old 05-25-2018, 09:30 PM   #17
Nocturn
Previously Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
Meanwhile, myself, that was all before I was born, so the constant stream of 80's bots is less than interesting. And as time goes on, more and more of the fandom will fall on my side of the fence.

Like I bought most of TR just because they were solid toys, but now that we're back to hampering the line with gimmicks, POTP is just blah, and I'll end up skipping the majority of figures this year at this rate.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #18
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I find myself on the opposing side of Nocturns fence. To me, there are still so many G1s that need solid updates, and so little from Beast Wars that would interest me. That's not to say NONE would. Hell, I'd love a deluxe Terrorsaur, or a new deluxe TFP Knockout, or even an Armada Demolishor. But most of what appealed to the BW generation doesn't appeal to me. If there was a little more BE heavy line I feel like I would only grab a few, where my fiancèe would buy doubles of EVERYTHING.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #19
Nocturn
Previously Dead

I don't expect any sort of BW revival figures at all, that's but a pipe dream. Potp OpOp looks nice, and I appreciate that it's happening, but that's *one* mainline figure in three years, and that's about the schedule we'll continue to see, I think.

And by "my side", I don't mean to say "Beast Wars fans", but just people who joined the fandom later and have their "g1" in a later era. We're already seeing movie revival figures with Studio Series and MPM; that part of the fanbase is huge and will be more and more of what HasTak will cater to in the future, IMO
Old 05-26-2018, 09:43 AM   #20
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

I really do think we will see more Generations BW figures in the coming years. I mean, that was such a huge part of the TF franchise that it's pretty hard to ignore. They made such memorable characters, that it seems crazy to think that any of them would be put on the back burner.

I didn't mean to imply that your side was only BW, it really is more like G1 vs everything else. ha ha. We have thousands of characters to choose from across 30 years of the franchise. So long as none of those new figures are Armada Sideswipe I'm good. LOL