Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #1
ChaosTheory
Generation 2
Shipping Pros and Woes - Let's hear your stories!!

A picture is worth a thousand words - so I urge people to please post pics of their shipping PROS and WOES, you know, that package you received that looked like it could have survived a nuclear fallout!? or perhaps that package you received that looked like it had been through one?

That being said, I failed to take pictures of the shipping PRO experience I had with a seller from HK which was the impetus for this thread..

I purchased an Encore G1 Jazz, he arrived in good time to Canada from HK, wrapped in plain brown paper. What set this package apart was it also had some twine-like ribbon around it - looked kinda 'old school'. When I removed the ribbon and the brown paper wrapping I discovered a styrofoam box, or so I thought. It was a finely crafted styrofoam tomb assembled from six separate pieces of precisely cut and fitted styrofoam, with the gap at the top of the package filled with small bits of styrofoam. I was amazed at the fit and precision as Jazz was in their tighter than a schoolboy on prom night.

I almost want to order another item from this seller just so I can once again marvel at his expert packaging that appeared to be all crafted by hand.

So now, on with the tales of PROS and WOES! Remember, pics if you got 'em!
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions
Re: Shipping Pros and Woes - Let's hear your stories!!

who was the seller?
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #3
chroma23
douchebag

ya most toy sellers from asia are pretty good at packaging....the only downside is the long wait times during transit

this is a repost from another recent thread, but here's a local retailer - sears.ca

ordered a cw devy from them earlier, they shipped the toy with almost zero packaging - they just wrapped it in a grocery-store-thin plastic shopping bag and shipped it as-is. returned the toy within the same day of receiving it without touching or unwrapping it

BST on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47234
FEEDBACK on cybertron.ca: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16129
chroma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:35 PM   #4
ChaosTheory
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
who was the seller?
hangshuntrade aka hkricky2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma23 View Post
ya most toy sellers from asia are pretty good at packaging....the only downside is the long wait times during transit

this is a repost from another recent thread, but here's a local retailer - sears.ca

ordered a cw devy from them earlier, they shipped the toy with almost zero packaging - they just wrapped it in a grocery-store-thin plastic shopping bag and shipped it as-is. returned the toy within the same day of receiving it without touching or unwrapping it
Shipping from HK was incredibly fast from this seller, less than 10 days IIRC, and not business days, less than 10 total days!

I too have had less than stellar service from Sears.. ordered a couple collectable Force FX lightsabers from them a few years ago, and I picked up in-store.. They were littered with sticky shipping and transfer labels all over the actual box. Not to mention dented and damaged. Needless to say I told them where they could put those lightsabers. (back on the shelf, lol)
ChaosTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
Megatron75
Alternator

I don't have pictures but a few years ago I ordered an oversized G1 Soundwave on a giant cardback. I knew that the soundwave was super-cheap quality (light plastic) but I thought it would be cool to display unopened on card. Well, the seller shipping it in a sealed brown paper bag with a shipping label. The card was in such rough condition when it arrived that I ended up just opening it up and tossing the card. Too bad...
Megatron75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #6
CanBot
Cybertron

I've seen a pretty beat up Trypticon reissue picture lately; it would fit in quite nicely as a 'woe'. Tryps had a tough tryp.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:40 AM   #7
Watari
The Seeker

This happened 3 years ago when I bought the PE-DX01 Motobot RC from Automaton Toys. Canada Post Crushed it good.. most likely it got stuck on their conveyor belt back at their plant.. luckily the figure and accessories were not damaged.

Original Post: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=40807

Watari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #8
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I purchased an Encore G1 Jazz, he arrived in good time to Canada from HK, wrapped in plain brown paper. What set this package apart was it also had some twine-like ribbon around it - looked kinda 'old school'. When I removed the ribbon and the brown paper wrapping I discovered a styrofoam box, or so I thought. It was a finely crafted styrofoam tomb assembled from six separate pieces of precisely cut and fitted styrofoam, with the gap at the top of the package filled with small bits of styrofoam. I was amazed at the fit and precision as Jazz was in their tighter than a schoolboy on prom night.

I almost want to order another item from this seller just so I can once again marvel at his expert packaging that appeared to be all crafted by hand.
This is hilarious, I bought an MP Lambor from an eBay seller in China and it came packaged almost exactly like you described, encased in perfectly measured inch-thick panels of styrofoam and wrapped in brown packing tape. You could've dropped that sucker out of a plane and it still would've come out pristine.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #9
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

everything I have ever bought online has come neatly packaged whether it be from a mas retailer or a board member from here (I must have good luck) but I would have to say that the best packaging that I have received would be from Skywave ,Slayback and Tfsource, Any Package From TFsource could be air dropped into a war zone and your contents would be safe and sound
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #10
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

This one's relatively minor, and nothing was damaged, but it's rather ironic.

A package I received in 2006:

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai