Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 10-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: G1 Season 2 Part 2 Blues

Honestly, I'm shocked. You don't hear too many feel good eBay stories. I'm glad you were able to sort this out so far after the transaction. Good on your eBay seller.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #12
Echotransformer
Loves all things G1-ish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post

I guess I'm fortunate to have one of those rare happy endings in eBay land.
OMG, so glad it worked out...and you're right, it is very rare.

I've had probably THE worst last few months on Ebay--a beautifully pictured Scourge with accessories arrives as a beater and with no accessories, a shipping carton gets destroyed in transit in turn destroying a mint G1 Blitzwing box, a Darkwing shows up with the wrong powermaster, and the creme de la creme, the seller sends me the wrong item, requires me to return the item before he ships me the correct thing, then won't reimburse me the full amount...I could go on an on...

But in the end, if you follow their procedures, 99% of the time it works out...and in your case, good communication was key!

Way to go.
Echotransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #13
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Was that the Chinese tin/wood box collection?

I came pretty close to buying that instead of the Rhino releases but I wasn't big on the non-English text factor.

I gotta say the commercial bumpers on the Rhino DVDs sometimes piss me off, but these DVDs really take me back to the 80s.
This is the Rhino release complete with the interactive load screen. As the series progress the scene changes. The 1st thing that should have set off alarm bells was a note inside with the DVDs. It stated that if there should be any problems with the content, that the person/company I bought this set from was only a 3rd party and not responsible for the product. It is 8 discs so it took some time to get through and by that time I had lost the contact info!
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Crappy...I've got to say I've had 70% success, 30% failure with shopping through eBay. I've pretty much restricted my bids to auctions within Canada now.

After all is said and done I only have the sellers word that they will swap the DVDs. Wether that happens remains to be seen so I may yet be "Boned".

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:12 PM   #15
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Not to sound like a dickhead or something, but who the hell takes out every single disk from a DVD set to take pictures of them and then puts them back in the wrong one? I mean all of the disks are clearly labelled Season One or Season Two Part One and Season Two Part Two. What do you need to take the individual disks out for to take their pictures? Just to show the back of the disk and the oh wow minty no scratches look, look, buy,buy!

It is completely illogical to me to even do that, also why take out both sets disks at once to take their pictures? Do them one at a time that's how I'd take a picture of something I was selling and I sure as hell wouldn't remove the disks, just open it up and take a picture of the interiors to show that it's not JUST an empty case or whatnot.

If it all works out for you then I guess honest mistakes can happen, but it sure sounds like a completely idiotic or shady thing to do especially when selling something over the internet. It makes me genually want to hit something or the least swear a blue streak.

I know it's pricy, buy Best Buy, Amazon.ca or even HMV might have had the sets you were looking for still sure marked up, but factory sealed would have avoided hassels of this kind. And forgive me if I come off as blunt, but I can be pretty damn blunt when faced with utter incompetences that can easily be avoided by just doing something with common sense. Like TAKING THE PICTURES OF EACH SET ONE AT A TIME AND PUTTING THE DISKS BACK INTO THE BOX IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU'RE FINISHED! Ugh.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #16
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Not to sound like a dickhead or something, but who the hell takes out every single disk from a DVD set to take pictures of them and then puts them back in the wrong one? I mean all of the disks are clearly labelled Season One or Season Two Part One and Season Two Part Two. What do you need to take the individual disks out for to take their pictures? Just to show the back of the disk and the oh wow minty no scratches look, look, buy,buy!

It is completely illogical to me to even do that, also why take out both sets disks at once to take their pictures? Do them one at a time that's how I'd take a picture of something I was selling and I sure as hell wouldn't remove the disks, just open it up and take a picture of the interiors to show that it's not JUST an empty case or whatnot.

If it all works out for you then I guess honest mistakes can happen, but it sure sounds like a completely idiotic or shady thing to do especially when selling something over the internet. It makes me genually want to hit something or the least swear a blue streak.

I know it's pricy, buy Best Buy, Amazon.ca or even HMV might have had the sets you were looking for still sure marked up, but factory sealed would have avoided hassels of this kind. And forgive me if I come off as blunt, but I can be pretty damn blunt when faced with utter incompetences that can easily be avoided by just doing something with common sense. Like TAKING THE PICTURES OF EACH SET ONE AT A TIME AND PUTTING THE DISKS BACK INTO THE BOX IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOU'RE FINISHED! Ugh.
Shady yes. Incompetent? Yes.

But without all the dumbasses in the world who would the smrat peepl like you and me make fun of?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #17
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

DVDs received and they are the correct ones!

This truly is that rare instance in eBayLand where everyone lived happily ever after.

Watching Season 2 Part 2 I realize I've never seen "Kremzeek" before. In fact most of these episodes are new to me!

I must have blocked the mid-80's out of my mind...weird!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #18
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Thats not totally bad...wait till you see "The Girl Who Loved Powerglide"...and "Sea Change"...or "B.O.T".....and "Prime Target"...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #19
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Heh, it's funny, Kremzeek was one episode where, if you had told me the plot ahead of time, I would have sworn that I never saw it. But as soon as I heard that "Kremzeek" sound I was like "Oh my God, I now remember everything about this episode, including how it ends."

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #20
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Um...I watched more of my Season 2 Part 2 the other day. "The Search For Alpha Trion" and "The Secret Of Omega Supreme" are stand outs. The former for a bumbling Shockwave, and the latter for discontinuity regarding the Constructicons' origins.

Seriously, where was I during the second half of season two during the Eighties??? I remember most of Season 1, some of Season 2, and little of Season 3.

Either they changed air dates somewhere in that time frame or I grew out of watching The Transformers (very unlikely).