Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 11-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #21
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Shake's Reviews: Fansproject Warbot-03 Assaulter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3-44nuckAw

review by board member Caked-Up.
Matrix_Holder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #22
elburrito
Animated

Good review. Look forward to more from you. Had to reply concerning the pegs. This was my main concern too. I could accept the apparent failure of the "arm-flap" pegs to peg into the upper leg in "SDF-1" mode (if you will accept the Robotech reference), but when I discovered that the shoulders did not want to peg together for the jet-mode, I was nonplussed and dejected. THEN...I discovered that if one carefully lines up the appropriate peg to the relevant slot, gently pushes the two together and rocks the connection back and forth about a millimetre, the peg just pops right in with a satisfying click. Both SDF-1 mode and jet mode. Just thought I would mention that for those who may be anxious about sanding the toy (I know, when it comes to any modifications, you're the man if you pull it off, but down on the floor if you mess it up).
elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 AM   #23
AeroShake
Made of Gundamium
Send a message via Skype™ to AeroShake

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
Good review. Look forward to more from you. Had to reply concerning the pegs. This was my main concern too. I could accept the apparent failure of the "arm-flap" pegs to peg into the upper leg in "SDF-1" mode (if you will accept the Robotech reference), but when I discovered that the shoulders did not want to peg together for the jet-mode, I was nonplussed and dejected. THEN...I discovered that if one carefully lines up the appropriate peg to the relevant slot, gently pushes the two together and rocks the connection back and forth about a millimetre, the peg just pops right in with a satisfying click. Both SDF-1 mode and jet mode. Just thought I would mention that for those who may be anxious about sanding the toy (I know, when it comes to any modifications, you're the man if you pull it off, but down on the floor if you mess it up).
Hey, thanks man! I'll have to try that method! but for now, I'll include it in the review as a tip!

Wants/Needs
- DAFT PUNK MEMORABILIA
- GCreations Six Shot
- Maketoys Cross Dimension Nemesis Prime
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn
- Transformers Kuro Kara Kuri Star Saber
- Warhammer 40k stuff

AeroShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

Warning about fixing loose joints on Assaulter.

There are a bunch of people that have had loose elbows on their assaulters. I had a bit of a loose left elbow...just enough to be annoying. He could not hold his gun properly. I did what I always do with this problem, added a little NYC clear fast dry nail polish. been using this since TF Energon or classics... can't remember which and never had an issue with it.

A few seconds after applying it I noticed some red colour running....?? there is no paint there. then I noticed that it was the plastic running. FUCK! I quickly washed it off and dried it with a paper towel. unfortunately it was now completely loose, unable to hold any position at all. I ended up painstakingly feeding thread through the opening on one side by the pin to the other side and wrapping it around and feeding it again....over and over and over again... it took well over half an hour and now its tight but the damage was already done DAMMIT!!!

I have never had this happen before, even on any FP figure/upgrade set, other 3rd party or official product. are they using a cheaper quality plastic now???? Dammit Dammit Dammit.
just letting everyone out there what happens when you do this.

Right Arm.

Left Arm.

thats not nail polish on that elbow...thats the F'N plastic melted and bubbling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Right elbow.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	16434   Click image for larger version

Name:	left elbow.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	16435  

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 11-24-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #25
JonoPrime
Robot Master

Hey, thanks for the heads up here!

Sorry to hear that elbow was such a pain in the ass. I've been trollig the boards for some feedback on this issue (as well as the elusive hip/ratchet problem).

It really seems FP really dropped the ball on this guy. This is my first order from them (loved what i heard about with Warbot Defender and Steelcore), but after hearing all these reviews I will definately wait from putting anything on preorder until I see what quality control problems there may be.

I was really hoping to get a kick ass update of a classic character. But it seems like a lot of issues for a rather expensive figure.
JonoPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I absolutely love the figure...I can't believe that the nail polish melted the plastic like that. I have never had that happen before. the picture looks worse than the naked eye, but it still looks bad. other than the loose elbow mine is perfect...I should have left it alone and just sucked it up and dealt with him being a little loose but noooooo I needed him to be perfect so that was my fault. next time I am going to test the nail polish with a dab first to see if its ok or not...yeah lets not test it before messing up a $100 figure, lol. you don't see the back of the elbow really, not in jet, carrier or bot mode so I can live with it.

Tags
assaulter, broadside, fansproject, reviews, shake