Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-27-2018, 12:31 AM   #241
ngnaw
Armada
Re: Amazon.ca Sightings

Mine is shipping on the 27th.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:25 AM   #242
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Friends, Countrymen, women..and Cybertronians...

I had an interesting chat with Amazon.ca Live Chat after placing my order for Nemesis Prime Amazon.ca Prime exclusive..word of warning.

In the policy statement it says that if you cancel Prime after the first three days they may charge you for some services. For this reason I cancelled once my order was made.

I went to the Amazon Prime Canada account page, and adjusted things so It would not be renewed. I addition I cancelled my membership. On the page it said I would not be charged on the 25th. The "free" trial still continued until Aug 25th, but it said on the page I would not be charged on the 26th. This I found out was not true.

Alas, I contacted them via chat and asked them if I will be charged for Amazon Prime Free Trial...they said I would not be charged before the 25th of August, but come August 26th I would be charged the 79$...Despite it being fairly clear on the Amazon Prime Canada account page that I would not be charged anything.

I demanded they cancel and she cancelled my free Amazon Prime Canada account as well as confirming no charges will be taken from by CC before, on or after August 26th. She confirmed if she did not do this I would have certainly been charged, contradicting the information on my Amazon Prime Canada free trial account.

As suspected, Amazon.ca are sneaky mut****kkas...They did this a few years ago and it seems they adjusted their process to still charge people without express permission, it was considered a legal fraud process by TD Bank three years ago, and it still continues but via a different process. As well, Amazon does not have to return the funds unless they agree to a refund and Visa will not protect the transaction in most cases. This should be reported to the Competition Bureau of Canada if anyone suffers damages. This organisation may also give guidance if your bank cannot help: https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency.html

They said my order would still be processed for Nemesis Prime...I hope this is true. I also no longer see I am a Prime member after she said she'd cancel it.

Friends...be weary of Amazon Prime Canada. I will recheck with Visa and my Bank. I hope this information helps forum members avoid any unwanted and un-agreed to charges. Feel free to message me if you require any help.

Good luck friends...
MilanX3

Last edited by MilanX3; 07-27-2018 at 02:28 AM.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:18 AM   #243
Pascal
Banned

My Nemesis got shipped!
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:46 AM   #244
Poflymn
Beast Machine
Poflymn's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post

I had an interesting chat with Amazon.ca Live Chat after placing my order for Nemesis Prime Amazon.ca Prime exclusive..word of warning.

In the policy statement it says that if you cancel Prime after the first three days they may charge you for some services. For this reason I cancelled once my order was made.

I went to the Amazon Prime Canada account page, and adjusted things so It would not be renewed. I addition I cancelled my membership. On the page it said I would not be charged on the 25th. The "free" trial still continued until Aug 25th, but it said on the page I would not be charged on the 26th. This I found out was not true.

Alas, I contacted them via chat and asked them if I will be charged for Amazon Prime Free Trial...they said I would not be charged before the 25th of August, but come August 26th I would be charged the 79$...Despite it being fairly clear on the Amazon Prime Canada account page that I would not be charged anything.

I demanded they cancel and she cancelled my free Amazon Prime Canada account as well as confirming no charges will be taken from by CC before, on or after August 26th. She confirmed if she did not do this I would have certainly been charged, contradicting the information on my Amazon Prime Canada free trial account.

As suspected, Amazon.ca are sneaky mut****kkas...They did this a few years ago and it seems they adjusted their process to still charge people without express permission, it was considered a legal fraud process by TD Bank three years ago, and it still continues but via a different process. As well, Amazon does not have to return the funds unless they agree to a refund and Visa will not protect the transaction in most cases. This should be reported to the Competition Bureau of Canada if anyone suffers damages. This organisation may also give guidance if your bank cannot help: https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency.html

They said my order would still be processed for Nemesis Prime...I hope this is true. I also no longer see I am a Prime member after she said she'd cancel it.

Friends...be weary of Amazon Prime Canada. I will recheck with Visa and my Bank. I hope this information helps forum members avoid any unwanted and un-agreed to charges. Feel free to message me if you require any help.

Good luck friends...
MilanX3
Sounds like you didn't cancel it properly online. When you spoke to the rep your account was still active and not cancelled. She then cancelled it for you preventing you from being charged when the free trial was over.

I have used the 30 days, cancelled online, and never was charged afterwards. Sounds like miscommunication or misunderstanding not a deliberate attempt by Amazon to "screw you over."
Poflymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:53 AM   #245
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanX3 View Post

Good luck friends...
MilanX3
Interesting. I had a different experience. I did the 30 day trial before Christmas, forgot to cancel, got charged, cancelled and got refunded very promptly. No fuss, no muss.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #246
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poflymn View Post
Sounds like you didn't cancel it properly online.
Yeah. On .com, I had to go through like 4-5 different confirmation pages to complete the cancellation.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #247
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
My Nemesis got shipped!

Mine shipped this morning. Due next Friday

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #248
Primetyme
Generation 2

Looks like they are coming from the US. Mine is currently sitting in Hebron, Kentucky according to the tracking info. Customs/Toronto next...
Primetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #249
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

can no longer find the blast off listing anywhere on amazon.ca
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:37 PM   #250
urfwc
Beasty

Quote: