Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Lk3161
Machine War
Paint App Flaws

Whenever I shop for TFs, and this probably goes for all of us collectors out there. We try to pick the one with the best paint apps. For myself, if I see 2/3 of the same figure, I'd be comparing their paint apps like there is no tomorrow.

My question is though, when it comes to paint apps, if there had to be a flaw of some sort where do you prefer the flaw to be? Head? Face?Wings? Wheels? Knee? Shoulder? If you had two figures in your hands, would you pick the one with a minor paint app flaw on the face/head? or one with a more severe one on say the knee?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: Paint App Flaws

On the back of the figure. Lol.

When I see a figure on the shelf for the first time I go right into tunnel vision. Won't lie, I lose a lot of my logic making ability. Ha ha. I see it, I grab it and often times I book it straight to the front cash. But I usually pull myself aside to give the figure a once over.

If it passes my rushed inspection then I cash out.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Anywhere but the face. Next is anything that doesn't showup in bot mode.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
On the back of the figure. Lol.

When I see a figure on the shelf for the first time I go right into tunnel vision. Won't lie, I lose a lot of my logic making ability.
This is me. I go to the States a lot, and when I ever see something new that we don't have in Canadaland I grab it and book it to the cashier. I've had to stop myself, not so much to check for flaws, but to see what else I may have missed on the shelves. Example, was in FL in December, saw the newly released FOC SW/SB and nabbed them, got to cashier and realized, crap, I didn't check for Data Discs. Went back, and they were there.

Last week in MI, I found Blaster and Grimlock, and this time completely forgot to check for the Autobot data discs. Dammit!
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

Wherever I notice it less... if there's a scratch across the face, but I have to look real close to see it then I'm fine...
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I think most hasbro figures nowadays come with paint flaw, which is pretty sad for what we paid for... If I really have to choose one with flaw, I would choose one that is easier to get fix, doesn't matter face or foot. But i usually can bare with most paint flaw so far from the Tf that I have.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #7
SeanOfStone
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
When I see a figure on the shelf for the first time I go right into tunnel vision. Won't lie, I lose a lot of my logic making ability. Ha ha. I see it, I grab it and often times I book it straight to the front cash.
Ha I know this feeling all to well, I've recently started saving the toy aisle for last during my big box trips. Slows me down when I have some other stuff with me.

On topic, as long as the face is ok I'm happy. I've definitely had a few figs that I couldn't "liberate from the store", because of face scratches though.