Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.
loking for some words of wisdom/ different perspectives on selling my Brave Max

This is a snipet of an e-mail i sent my best friend for advise about my Brave Max.

........ That asside, i've been doing really well in selling the ones that don't mean much, and i have no attachment to, until now. I have this particular one, THE BIG GUY. he's 2 feet tall, very heavy, very RARE, and VERY EXPENSIVE, i got him because he was the biggest, and it was a sort of status symbol to have in your collection. Now i want to sell him, but this is the first time i'm actually having doubts about it. i'd LOVE to have $ in my wallet, and he was never a big deal to me as a kid.

i don't know why this particular one is giving me so much trouble to let go.

...... I'm not trying to get you to talk me into selling OR keeping it, just what you think, and maybe i'll go one way or the other after seeing what you come up with.

end e-mail

So, yeah. this is the first time i've had doubts about selling a transformer. What do you guys make of it? suggestions?
wheeljaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
GrimlockGT
His car is a Transformer
Re: loking for some words of wisdom/ different perspectives on selling my Brave Max

Don't sell it! Fort/Brave/Grand Max is a Transformer every collector should have. If you ever decided you wanted it again, you would probably have to spend more than what you are going to sell it for.

OR
Sell it to me cheap and I'll let you visit it once and a while
GrimlockGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
Witterquick
Unabashed Cosmos Fanboy
Re: loking for some words of wisdom/ different perspectives on selling my Brave Max

If you're not sure, keep him. It's not like you can't sell him later if you decide it was a bad idea. And most likely you'd get even more money back, considering he's what most consider the holy grail of Transformers. If you're really really hurting for cash, like your choice is to eat/pay rent or hang onto him, then yeah i'd sell him. Otherwise, only do it if you're absolutely sure.
Witterquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

if i sold him, i'd probably just take a few weeks off work (self employed) and i'd travel for a week. I like road trips with no destination.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
wheeljaxx
Always in pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimlockGT View Post
Don't sell it! Fort/Brave/Grand Max is a Transformer every collector should have. If you ever decided you wanted it again, you would probably have to spend more than what you are going to sell it for.

OR
Sell it to me cheap and I'll let you visit it once and a while

make an offer.

it has the large red guns, missing reprostickers, and gasket and grommet
Old 05-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

My rule of thumb is that if there is any seed of doubt, then don't do it... unless there is no other choice.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Protoman
The Legend

Well first off, if your selling your Brave Max is means your focus on your collection is shifting. What do you want to collect currently with TFs (If at all)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljaxx View Post
make an offer.

it has the large red guns, missing reprostickers, and gasket and grommet
I will give you five dollars.

But seriously, like the others have said, if you are having any doubts don't sell it.

I sold off a bunch if TF's a while ago, and I kinda regret letting my Armada Starscream go now.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #9
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Is this Brave Max or Fort Max? Brave did not have hand guns or Cog.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

My advice is don't live in the land of the should or you'll be should-ing all over yourself. If you have doubt, wait until it subsides (if it does). Think of the work or effort you put into acquiring the figure, I'm sure if the work (like if you worked a lot of OT) or effort you put into getting the figure (like driving across the country) was a lot then it might be harder to let go of especially considering you have stated that you have no attachment to the character it may be how hard you worked for it that is hard to let go of more than the figure. For myself I know I do not like working for nothing or wasting what I have worked for. In my case I tend to hold on to figures I have worked/paid a lot for, unless I am getting a phenomenal rate of return to compensate me to let go of that effort. If Brave Max can get you a trip to Mexico or somewhere sunny and warm then it might be a fair trade
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote