Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #41
TFtoys
Animated
Re: is "picking" the same as Scalping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter View Post
I sell stuff on ebay all the time. It isn't very difficult if you know how to use the world wide web.
And Canadapost really kills us if only sell a small gun or accessories.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #42
Nomad
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via AIM to Nomad Send a message via MSN to Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
If you've seen the show, you would see that the pickers really don't lowball the people at all. They give them a very fair offer for their item.

Pickers or Sellers have the resources to sell an item for top dollar, someone who owns the item might not have the resources to get top dollar or even if they sold them on eBay would lose 20-25% of the sale price with eBay and Paypal fees, plus would have to deal with shipping the stuff out.

Plus, the pickers on the show always ask what the persons wants for something before they make an offer - People will generally set a price that they want for something and the pickers will either take it, make a counter-offer or leave it. There's actually very little lowballing that goes on in the show. I can't say what happens in real life.
Not that I'm disagreeing with anything you're saying here, but I've also found that when the buying party is more knowledgeable on a subject (which the pickers often are), asking what the selling party wants before making an offer is a pretty common way of using this knowledge in their favor.

For example, lets say you've got something that I want, such as a transformer.

If I ask how much you want off the bat, this opens the door for you to potentially give me a lower price than what I was willing to pay, rather than me offering you more than you were willing to sell it for. Well, if we we're talking in person where you can't hop on ebay & update yourself right away, that is.

Then if you give me a number that's higher than what I wanted to pay, I'll simply give you a lower counter offer. That's why the 1st party to name a price is usually at the disadvantage when both parties don't have equal knowlege on what's being discussed.

Now, this isn't to say that it's always the best option, as presenting what appears to be a reasonable offer can also get accepted without giving the other party more time to think & evaluate their item's worth, but moreso that asking what somebody wants before anything else is a common way to pay less than you would normally have been willing to, type of deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConvoyGTR View Post
"they're all gone, vultures everywhere"
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #43
srw_prime
Mini-Con

do both of them have to pay tax to make those as "legal" business activities ?
srw_prime is offline   Reply With Quote