Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #41
Trans4mers
Energon
Re: What is more exciting to MP Collectors?

I'm looking forward to Wheeljack and Star Saber.

Not quite sure but I heard that the Magnus cab doesn't transform? Not sure if I like that since the price is so high.

I envision MPs to be the "perfect grade" in terms of toy accuracy to the show. I have to say I am quite disappointed with the Prowls, Bluestreak and a bit Smokescreen with how they handled the "missile launchers" If a 3P/garage kit can create better versions for the figures then it tells me the original design is poor. Had they put better effort and made the missile launchers actually look like the g1 toy, people may not be so easily ready to buy those upgrades.
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #42
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans4mers View Post
I'm looking forward to Wheeljack and Star Saber.

Not quite sure but I heard that the Magnus cab doesn't transform? Not sure if I like that since the price is so high.

I envision MPs to be the "perfect grade" in terms of toy accuracy to the show. I have to say I am quite disappointed with the Prowls, Bluestreak and a bit Smokescreen with how they handled the "missile launchers" If a 3P/garage kit can create better versions for the figures then it tells me the original design is poor. Had they put better effort and made the missile launchers actually look like the g1 toy, people may not be so easily ready to buy those upgrades.
The Magnus Cab and trailer are all one piece for transformation. It is not a MP-10 with armour.

I'm not sure what you are disappointed with when it comes to the launchers and cartoon accuracy. They are pretty darn close.

AFAIK Prowl had no launchers. That's how I display mine. SmokeScreens seem exceptionally accurate. Streaks are drawn different ways in the cartoon. Sometimes they are more conical at the ends, sometime more like the MP toy. Sometimes they are very small, sometimes large. I think tehy did a good job.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img30/2262/0ypy.jpg
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #43
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Bumblebee and Wheeljack.

I haven't gotten back into any power ranger/sentai/shaider toys in awhile so that last one... star saber? *shrug*
Old 09-04-2014, 03:16 PM   #44
grumble22
Generation 1

I'm excited for Wheeljack, bumblebee, and Magnus. I have no attatchment to star saber so I won't be getting him and I'm trying to avoid obscure repaints/re-tools so I'll be passing in exhaust as well.
I'm not sure why so many people are always comparing the masterpiece line to what the original toy was, my understanding is that the masterpiece line is doing it's best to be animation accurate.
That's why Magnus has a red bumper and doesn't have a white prime inside giant armor and why the Datsun trio didn't come with giant missle launchers. Even G2 sideswipe is more animation accurate then toy accurate. That's why he has that messed up face, because there is a comic panel wth him yelling. If he was supposed to be toy accurate he should come with a white gun and a giant green missle launcher with blue missles.
I'm sure there are plenty more examples of how hastak is making this masterpiece line animation accurate and not toy accurate, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #45
Trans4mers
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The Magnus Cab and trailer are all one piece for transformation. It is not a MP-10 with armour.

I'm not sure what you are disappointed with when it comes to the launchers and cartoon accuracy. They are pretty darn close.

AFAIK Prowl had no launchers. That's how I display mine. SmokeScreens seem exceptionally accurate. Streaks are drawn different ways in the cartoon. Sometimes they are more conical at the ends, sometime more like the MP toy. Sometimes they are very small, sometimes large. I think tehy did a good job.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img30/2262/0ypy.jpg

You're right, they are closer in accuracy then I remember. Guess it's been a long time since I've seen the G1 cartoon to remember. Guess what I was thinking was the original g1 toy missile launchers.

Thanks for clarifying with the pics
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #46
Nazarite
Masterpiece Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumble22 View Post
I'm trying to avoid obscure repaints/re-tools
I too am trying to limit myself by picking my favorite from a mold and sticking to one figure. I absolutely love Bluestreak. Although I did just order TRU Prowl because I've heard the quality is comparable to the Takara for about $25 less.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #47
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Star Saber by a long shot, out of those three, Wheeljack

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #48
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

+1 for Star Saber. Hope TakaraTomy has already started designing MP Victory Leo.

I am warming up to the "Marlboro" Wheeljack/"Destron Exhaust". Can't wait!

But if I have a say on what is next I'd like to see an updated MP Skywarp.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 09-04-2014 at 05:14 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #49
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans4mers View Post
You're right, they are closer in accuracy then I remember. Guess it's been a long time since I've seen the G1 cartoon to remember. Guess what I was thinking was the original g1 toy missile launchers.

Thanks for clarifying with the pics
NP. I only know because I too thought the same thing until someone pointed it out. My idea of these characters is a hazy mix of toy and cartoon.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #50
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
But if I have a say on what is next I'd like to see an updated MP Skywarp.
Indeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote