Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3
Re: What do you think was the worst Concept for Transformers Toys over the Years?

Personally I will have to agree with Action Masters. The story part was great in the comics... but the toys... meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Action Masters looked goofy and killed the line...
I'm pretty sure the line was on life support by that time... although I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
A Transformer who doesn't Transform is beyond lame, it is immoral.
If loving Robot Heros is wrong then I don't want to know what right is!

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
crimbot
Some Guy
Re: What do you think was the worst Concept for Transformers Toys over the Years?

Pretenders = no good in my opinion.I just never got behind it I guess.

I think the titanium line was a good idea that got really crappy. If those guys were made out of plastic they would have been much better toys.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
devilsknight
Banned

I'll get away from G1 stuff and say worst line EVER

Animated.

That is all.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #14
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
But toyly, I really hope the designer got fired by Hasbro. and the exec who approved it. A Transformer who doesn't Transform? I think some folks there didn't understand what Transformer means.
You seem to forget actionmasters weren't just robots that didn't transform. They had partners that still carried the ability. Besides, from a toy-standpoint the entire point of actionmasters was to create more posable and visualy appealing toys. Though they probably should've made it a subline.

And how soon we forget, actionmasters Elite. OMEGA SPREEM! Some action masters DID transform.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #15
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
If loving Robot Heros is wrong then I don't want to know what right is!
I guess we now live in an age of TF accessories : T-shirts, gloves, plates, waaay more than the 80's, most that don't Transform.

That's ok, but ActionMasters was the main Transformers toy line. Not Transforming is immorally missing the boat.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #16
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
You seem to forget actionmasters weren't just robots that didn't transform. They had partners that still carried the ability. Besides, from a toy-standpoint the entire point of actionmasters was to create more posable and visualy appealing toys. Though they probably should've made it a subline.

And how soon we forget, actionmasters Elite. OMEGA SPREEM! Some action masters DID transform.
Spreem (TeeHee-ous on its own! ) was unfortunately an exception. Even with the Transforming accessories, the main Transformers toys did NOT Transform.

Morally void toys.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #17
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Spreem (TeeHee-ous on its own! ) was unfortunately an exception. Even with the Transforming accessories, the main Transformers toys did NOT Transform.

Morally void toys.
Actually, there was three additional exceptions.

And Action Master Prime's base truck was awesome and you know it.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:34 PM   #18
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Beast Wars. Yuck. I remember walking into a toystore in the 90's (when I was a teenager and uninterested in toys) and seeing these on the shelf. I thought they were abominations! To me they are still some of the ugliest Transformers out there. People always tout the show as "amazing" and "groundbreaking", but I couldn't care less...the toys are awful.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #19
crimbot
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknight View Post
I'll get away from G1 stuff and say worst line EVER

Animated.

That is all.
Someone is going to save a lot of money this year lol!
Old 07-05-2008, 03:11 PM   #20
SPLIT LIP
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Beast Wars. Yuck. I remember walking into a toystore in the 90's (when I was a teenager and uninterested in toys) and seeing these on the shelf. I thought they were abominations! To me they are still some of the ugliest Transformers out there. People always tout the show as "amazing" and "groundbreaking", but I couldn't care less...the toys are awful.
Wow, so much fail in one post. "Abominations". Please.

Beast Wars rocked. They had some of the best figures even by today's standards. Posability on some of them is still way better than most of the ones we have now. A few of the intinial figs weren't the greatest but man, the transmetals and guys like Optimal Optimus (and later Primal Prime) were the coolest ever. I still kick myself for never finding Rattrap. I remember TM Tarantulas was one of my all-time favorites, but alas, I lost him long ago. They even had the coolest gesalts. The Tripredacus was beast and the Maximal one (can't remember name) looked like some massive robot barbarian warrior. They had great designs for the show cast. (Minus TM2 Cheetor) The transmetal 2's were kinda ugly, though. I didn't like them as much but Transmetals and regulars were awesome. The fuzors were cool but really just like three. (Silverbolt, Quickstrike and the Iguana/Dragon fly guy) My only peeve is that we didn't get Big Convoy or an equivelant over here. They had the best show though. Never has any TF series before or after had as much action and awesome fights. (not to mention the best story)

Beast machines however were... not as cool to say the least.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 07-05-2008 at 03:14 PM.