Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Aras
Generation 1
BH Voyager Prime QC Issues

So I finally picked up a BH Optimus after weeks of deliberation and I seem to have gotten one with one big and one small QC issue. First off, the joint around where the right arm swings from back to front had a lot of exess plastic. I did not notice until I went to inspect why the joint was so tight after first transforming him, finding the excess and a huge stress mark in the red plastic below. I attempted to shave the excess down, and I'm being careful while transforming him, but it still worries me. The second problem is with the hole for the guns on the piece where the left front tire sits that ends up on his back, in robot mode. This hole is extremely tight, and after first attempts to plug one of the guns in, stress marks formed all around the hole. The hole on the opposite piece is fine, though.

I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems, and perhaps if they could offer any fixes. I don't have much experience in modification, so I am looking more for what someone could do with perhaps standard tools. I heard in some cases, adding a layer of super glue around the problem area can help to stabilize them but would that be a good idea in this case? Any help suggestion would be appreciated. Just to be clear, nothing has broken off, so far.
Aras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
dbao123
Banned
Re: BH Voyager Prime QC Issues

if the peg is too big and is causing stress marks i'd sand it with sand paper. try to find the lower grit ones and make sure to check it often, you don't want it to end up becoming too loose.
dbao123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
tz101
Machine War

If you got it from Walmart exchange it for another one say it was defective my bh op has no flaws and tight joints my bh sinner twin was a nightmare one of the rivets fell off right out of the package so I exchanged it new ones fine
tz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aras View Post
The second problem is with the hole for the guns on the piece where the left front tire sits that ends up on his back, in robot mode. This hole is extremely tight, and after first attempts to plug one of the guns in, stress marks formed all around the hole. The hole on the opposite piece is fine, though.
Mine has this problem too. Also the left hip joint is pretty loose, and the "backpack" won't peg into the arms in truck mode.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Aras
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz101 View Post
If you got it from Walmart exchange it for another one say it was defective my bh op has no flaws and tight joints my bh sinner twin was a nightmare one of the rivets fell off right out of the package so I exchanged it new ones fine
Actually did this just an hour ago. UNFORTUNATELY I came across one with the exact same problem with the arm. It's not as bad since I looked for it first but still, guh. I have been trying to get at the hinge with a file, since I'm not sure I have any sand paper, but it is still as tight as the other one. I don't want to return this one because 1. slightly embarassing to go back there again, 2. if this one was like this, it is likely the other ones will be the same. I'm thinking of trying to remove the pin so I can get at the hinge better, maybe shave down the grey as well.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
Aras
Generation 1

Okay, found some sand paper, alot more useful than the file. I sanded all around the hinge, and it seems to have mostly loosened up the joint enough that I feel safe with it as long as I don't go crazy on the joint. I also fixed the hole problem by rolling that sand paper swath up and rotating it inside a few times. So I shouldn't have too many problems with from now on but still... jeeze. I don't think I've ever had a transformer that was going to break apart from normal play before.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #7
dbao123
Banned

it happens, they're bound to have some defective products especially if it is being mass produced. i never had an issue with mine though
dbao123 is offline   Reply With Quote