Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
Bluewolf77
Generation 2
Question A Good Question

I have a question for all of you: Has there ever been a time where you had that one transformer in your hand only to have to put it back on the shelf or had it at home and then have to return it to the store but now you wish you have it but it is now almost impossible to find? That one is TFP BH Shockwave for me, which one is yours?
Bluewolf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
python
Alternator
Re: A Good Question

TRU Thundercracker and Optimus Prime.

Wasn't collecting then like I do now. Had both in hand and was like "$80 for a transformer - I can get 6 deluxe for that price"

Optimus I took care of with Takara - Thundercracker still hunting.
python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Tfcc nexus maximus
Wish I never sold it
I have 2 pieces of the 5
But to find the rest at reasonable prices are null and void
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #4
onlineshopper81
Generation 1

Metroplex at a store that sells clearance items from Costco. It was like $50
onlineshopper81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #5
FEZaid
Arabian Knight

For a long while it was Fansproject Quadruple U, I had to sell it for the money, ever since I wanted to buy it back, but did eventually.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #6
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Back in 1998 during my halcyon days of non-collecting zen (I had just given away all of my childhood G1s consciously eschewing toys because I had just graduated from University and was a MAN now...damnit!!!) I was backpacking through Europe and came across this in a hobby shop near Venice:

At the time I said to myself "Dude...a knock-off blue Ultra Magnus for ~$140 CAD??? No thanks."

What a fool. I should have turned off the Alice In Chains on my Sony Discman and slapped myself silly.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:52 PM   #7
elburrito
Animated

Argh. That's no KO. Mine was G2 Sideswipe and Jazz. Thought, "what's with these silly looking repaints? Why is there fluorescent green?" Have since got both, but not in the greatest shape and not for $9.99.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
Back in 1998 during my halcyon days of non-collecting zen (I had just given away all of my childhood G1s consciously eschewing toys because I had just graduated from University and was a MAN now...damnit!!!) I was backpacking through Europe and came across this in a hobby shop near Venice:

At the time I said to myself "Dude...a knock-off blue Ultra Magnus for ~$140 CAD??? No thanks."

What a fool. I should have turned off the Alice In Chains on my Sony Discman and slapped myself silly.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 PM   #8
CAF
Banned

Not recently. If I don't have enough on me, I stash it and come back in a few days for it.
But as a kid, it was Smokescreen. I picked it up every time I went to the store and kept saying to myself I would save my allowance for 2 weeks to be able to afford it. I always spent it on something else and regretted it forever when it was finally gone.
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #9
optimusb39
Animated

For me it was the botcon beast wars shockoract. Repaint of rampage. Always imagined that it actually was rampage resurrected from the ocean floor and not quite the same. Afterall he was supposed to be immortal. A shard to the spark would just "shock" him before he recovered. Thus the new name.
Saw him at a toyshow at international center when I was 12 for 50 bucks. Wish I'd gotten him then. Especially since they made a depth charge repaint that also looked like a dead come back to life version a few years later. I thought that perhaps some of rampages essence transferred to him at that fatalful moment.
Never saw another one of rampage after that.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #10
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions

Mine, wasn't hard to find at all, but with the amount of times I saw that Generations Voyager Springer and decided to get something else, I would be a millionaire! I eventually finally got him for $20 on Amazon.com after thinking how many times I passed up on him. Not disappointed at all! Well worth the purchase, especially since I got him for only $20!
MahtimusPrime09 is offline   Reply With Quote