Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 03-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #11
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag
Re: Toys R Us Canada Transformers Sale March 27th - April 2nd

Man, I fucking hate whoever runs ToysRUs.ca. They had all the wave 1 deluxe CW figures on there yesterday. Now they only have Dragstrip and Alpha Bravo. They did this same shit with the amiibos last week. They have everything before the sale and as soon as the sale goes live, all the good stuff disappears. WTF?!
Old 03-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #12
wannablackbee
Generation 1

They need to make up their mind. I thought they wanted us to go online. Seems they miss us walking around in their store. I think that in a near future they will find a marketing strategic equilibrium between Emarket and and the real stores. I would not be surprised they would have to close a couple of stores to do it. We have 9 stores in the Montreal area.

Do you guys think that its too much stores for a 30 km circle?

I can't seem to buy online because i often witness the phenomenon that UltraPrimal expose. I dont trust TRU.ca online. So i buy in stores to make sure i get what i want. I get to price adjust if needed but it is harsh on gaz if i have to go twice to the store.

Last edited by wannablackbee; 03-27-2015 at 10:55 PM.
wannablackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:05 AM   #13
Tarantulas
Tripredacus Council Agent

Around 2AM, I logged on to see what was available... looks like all the previous Generations are still there, including Rattrap. I picked up a few to take advantage of free shipping. They had all of the CW deluxes in-stock.

Edit: There only seem to be 2 CW deluxes now.

Last edited by Tarantulas; 03-28-2015 at 09:12 AM.
Tarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #14
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Didn't they also have Generations Nightbeat, Jhaixus, and Crosscut on there before too? I could have sworn they had them up there last week.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:55 AM   #15
Tarantulas

Just an FYI if anyone wants Jhiaxus, Crosscut, Nightbeat etc just check your local Winners & Marshalls stores. They're only 9.99 now which is better than the TRU sale price. The only reason I bought a few Rattraps is because I never see them at those stores.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:21 PM   #16
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Well, I went and picked up Firefly, Skydive, and Dragstrip at my local TRU, but I'm going to leave them sealed until after the sale just in case the website puts them up then I can get them on there and use the CineplexHoliday coupon. So then it's more like $10 each instead of $13 something.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #17
Tarantulas

Went to Walmart with my wife... didn't see any wave 2 but to kill time while she shopped, I price matched all four wave 1 deluxes and an AOE Lockdown. I have all of these already but I'm sure there's a few here that buy doubles too.

Also found Transformers Prime for WiiU in the ghetto games bin... it was shrinkwrapped with a WiiU screen cover and cleaner which I conveniently need. Not sure if the game's any good but I enjoyed Prime so whatthehell.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:03 PM   #18
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Weird. CW Wave 1 is all listed and in-stock on TRU.ca, but while Alpha Bravo and Dragstrip are discounted at 25% off with this sale, Firefly and Skydive DON'T have the discount applied and are at full price ($17.99 each)... Not sure why...

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #19
yttocs
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
Weird. CW Wave 1 is all listed and in-stock on TRU.ca, but while Alpha Bravo and Dragstrip are discounted at 25% off with this sale, Firefly and Skydive DON'T have the discount applied and are at full price ($17.99 each)... Not sure why...
Those other two only showed up recently and do not yet come up in a search on the site (at least not for me). I can only see them via my recents or a Google search. Keep waiting for them to show up with the sale price so I can get a price adjustment done.

Does the Cineplex coupon only work on regular price items? If it works on sale price items, shouldn't TRU price adjust from the reg price down to the sale price, rather than only giving me the difference from the adjusted prices after the coupon?
yttocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:12 AM   #20
FreedomGundam
Freedom, ikimasu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yttocs View Post
Those other two only showed up recently and do not yet come up in a search on the site (at least not for me). I can only see them via my recents or a Google search. Keep waiting for them to show up with the sale price so I can get a price adjustment done.
You're right on that; they don't come up in the regular TRU.ca search, so maybe that's why they're not officially part of the sale online. I'm hoping they fix that up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yttocs View Post
Does the Cineplex coupon only work on regular price items? If it works on sale price items, shouldn't TRU price adjust from the reg price down to the sale price, rather than only giving me the difference from the adjusted prices after the coupon?
Should work just fine on on-sale items.
It would make sense that they should refund the difference pre-coupon-code, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to give you back the post-coupon difference...

TFs and other toys for sale! (last updated: Post-TFCon2018):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=72568

Custom Double-Detolfs:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=47820

Looking for:
- Cybertron Hot Shot
- Cybertron Defense Hot Shot
- G1 Repugnus
- G1 Scowl (with Monstructor foot)
- G1 Icepick small gun
- G1 Fire Guts God Ginrai
FreedomGundam is offline   Reply With Quote