Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
ShelfLife.net: COLLECTOR WARS: Win MP Soundwave/G1 Bruticus or $$$

Shelflife stopped by to let us know about their COLLECTOR WARS contest running this month on Shelflife.net where you can win a Masterpiece Soundwave, Transformers G1 Bruticus and a load of other prizes. Winning Collector Wars is as easy as logging in, collector points are awarded just for using the site. Read on for more details on how to win and about the launch of their new Collector Dashboard and Collector Score.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Thumbs up ShelfLife.net: COLLECTOR WARS: Win MP Soundwave/G1 Bruticus or $$$

Hi guys,

Here's everything you need to know about Collector Wars, aka the new rolling contest/rewards program by ShelfLife.net.

COLLECTOR WARS!
NOVEMBER 1ST - 30TH
Do Collector Stuff. Earn Points. Win $750 in Prizes!

ShelfLife is proud to announce the launch of Collector Dashboard and Collector Score!

The Collector Dashboard combines collection stats, photo galleries, social tools and a personalized collection catalog all in one sweet streamlined package! You can access your new Collector Dashboard via the COLLECT button in the top left corner of the site.

You can also now share your Dashboard publicly to show off your Wants and Haves and connect with other collectors by using your ShelfLife profile address:

Eg) http://www.shelflifex.com/profile/Faustx

To celebrate we’re simultaneously launching Collector Wars, a combination contest and rewards program that we intend to build into a truly marvelous beast. Collector Wars rewards you for, well, being a collector. The first season of Collector Wars runs Nov 1st-30th, 2012.

FULL CONTEST DETAILS

Almost everything you do on ShelfLife.net this month racks up your Collector Score, and we’re giving away $750 worth of cash and prizes in Season 1 (November 2012)!

PRIZES!

Here's what you can win:

1st Prize (choose from):
  • Masterpiece Soundwave
  • or Sideshow 1/6 Zartan
  • or $150 site credit
2nd Prize (choose from):
  • Transformers G1 Bruticus
  • or 3A Supreme Nom
  • or $100 site credit

3rd Prize (choose from):
  • 3A WWRp Bertie MK3 Dirt Devil,
  • or Absolute Dark Knight: Hardcover
  • or $50 site credit

Best Profile Photo: $100
Most Collectibles Sold: $100 and sell free for a year.
Most Collectibles Bought: $50 and Level 10 for a year.

HOW TO WIN

Winning Collector Wars is as easy as logging in.

Collector Points are awarded for Wants, Haves, Buying, Selling, Referring New Users & Curators, and for Curating Catalogs. Points accumulated during the contest will also contribute to the 90 day rolling Collector Score for each collector and will unlock further benefits, discounts and access to upcoming exclusives. Random daily prizes will also be awarded in coordination with sponsors. Whew!

Points accumulated during the contest will also contribute to the 90 day rolling Collector Score for each collector and will unlock further benefits, discounts and access to upcoming exclusives. Random daily prizes will also be awarded in coordination with sponsors. Collectors will also be able to wager points via Collector Battles.

Hundreds of catalogs, with a strong focus on Action Figures and Designer Toys, are already up and running on ShelfLife.net and more are being added all the time. If a catalog is missing from the system collectors can now request it via your Collect Mode page.

Full contest details can be found at: shelflife.net/collector-wars-contest

ShelfLife.net is the ultimate collector platform, with free collection management and social tools for collectors and a next generation marketplace capable of automatically matching buyers and sellers. Volunteer curators build each catalog on ShelfLife in pursuit of completing a permanent archive of every collectible ever made.

Media, vendors and strategic partners can contact us via everyone@shelflifex.com.

Last edited by faustx; 11-01-2012 at 01:09 PM.
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: COLLECTOR WARS: WIN $750 IN BOTS & CASH

p.s. If you have any questions feel free to ask them here.

Cheers

James

Old 11-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: ShelfLife.net: COLLECTOR WARS: Win MP Soundwave/G1 Bruticus or $$$

This weekend will be a random prize weekend. Knock off some Collector Wars objectives and win big!

James

Old 11-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Big Filipino
Protectobot

I noticed one thing while navigating through the site the last few days. On random occasions when clicking on a button, it takes me to facebook. It usually corrects itself after I hit back and try again but it has happened multiple times.

I do have one, probably silly, question: are the main contest prizes simply awarded to the people who have collected the most points during the contest period?

Last edited by Big Filipino; 11-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Big Filipino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
roballan
Machine War

deleted

sorry - I just saw all the curating stuff. May volunteer to add missing items - didn't realize database could be incomplete.

Last edited by roballan; 11-11-2012 at 01:13 AM.
roballan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:30 AM   #7
babbayagga
Generation 2
babbayagga's Ebay Auctions

Real great contest.... I see nightviper is currently in 1st place. Selling 5 mp-10 for 200bucks a piece. All he's done to get the points is "want" every possible listing.
babbayagga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

Someone else is also getting a lot of shill points by putting flags on every single item in one of my catalogs. Majority of it is for things that simply boil down to preference, like the picture for figure "x" should show this item instead of that item. Possibly the person who uploaded a pic didn't have the main figure. Also, they outright have no clue what they are talking about as one figure lists a detachable item as an accessory since they can be removed without excessive force and conceivably become lost. However, this same person has said they are attached and the accessory item should be deleted.

I really hope that when I reject the vast majority of this jokers flags their points are reversed too. Please say it is so, otherwise I'd be able to go flag every item on SL for any sort of garbage I decide to and get psycho points, regardless of the validity of the issue.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

I've had some images added to my catalogues and have had to reject at least one as it was of the wrong figure. However, I don't think the person submitting the images is the one taking the pics - it largely looks like they're googling for images and then submitting them, and my concern is they might not adhere to Shelflife's image guidelines.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't say much and bear in mind this is just my opinion on what I have read above. I told my wife when I started this thing that it would eventually lead to a lot of people starting to bicker or complain, having said that I will take myself out of this competition. It's far too time consuming and quite frankly I would rather buy Soundwave than invest this many hours. What makes it worse is what I have read above. I have taken more "shots" with my camera than I ever have and I photograph everything in my collection, I have OCD about pictures of them for some reason. With the scalper comment I don't know how fair that is, I mean I would agree with the price as far as the scalping end goes but some people collect for fun and others for money. Eventually with patience everyone will find what they want. In terms of the flags they only get the points if you choose to fix them from what I understand so don't fix them and they won’t get the points and anyone can correct me if I am wrong. In terms of the accessories there are some that are taking it a bit far with the parts requirements. If anyone looks at the Armada Prime and Powerlynx version, there are parts on there that just because they can break doesn't make them a "part" I was almost tempted to take a screwdriver to the "trailer" legs because it's listed as a "part". Yes it can break but it's not a "part" that would readily be available. Also with pics there are a number of incorrectly loaded pictures across many catalogues and even I can't figure out if I have the right figure based on the photo. I thought at the beginning this would be a way to help complete catalogues since I have been uploading pictures WELL before this contest ever started, but it would seem that this will not go the way I am sure it was intended and will turn people against one another, even if only on a temporary basis. Having said that this is all just my opinion and I am not meaning to insult or offend anyone, all have the right to the thoughts and opinions they express. Now I am going to get my kids, come home and start to enjoy the items I purchased at AFX on the weekend. Good luck to everyone continuing with Collector Wars.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote