Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Items For Sale or Trade

Old 05-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
allgood
Banned
Interested in high quality G1 KOs?

Thanks again for the comments regarding the quality and the price. I wasn't sure about the quality either when I saw them. That's why I only bought a Devastator gift set to check it out. But I was really impressed with its quality. I think I will get some other ones for myself and my friends first for now, and write the review after I get them.

Thanks for the comments. Let me go ask my friend again and revise the price list later. I probably over estimated on the shipping cost.

I bought a KO Devastator Gift Set from a friend recently. And I was very impressed with the quality of the toys; the box and all the accessories come with it. The toy is very well made, not the cheap KO one. The box is printed with high quality and the inset foam just holds all the toys tight in place. It has the sticker sheet just like the original. It is so much fun to stick them on. It really brings back the childhood memory. I like it so much, and sold my loose G1 (the KO joints are very tight and it stands firmly when combined, much better than my loose original G1s). It is very hard to find MINT quality G1s and expensive too. I found the high quality KO just good enough to replace my G1s.
I know there are ENCOREs now. But I really don’t like the Japanese letters on the box. And they are all made in China now, which is basically the same as KO’s.
I am planning to buy some other high quality KO’s myself and some of my friends, such as the 5 G1 dinobots, G1 Superion Gift set, G1 mirage, G1 Reflectors, G1 Cyclonus, G1 wheeljack and some others. I will order them and ship here around early June.
If you are interested, send me a message. You can come and check out the KO devastator I have regarding the quality.

Here is the approx. price (all MISB):

Dinobots $65/each, ($300 for 5)
Devastator Giftset $120
Superion Giftset $120
Mirage/Wheeljack $80
Cyclonus/Scourge/Sharkticon/$90
mini bots are $15/each, MSOC
Reflector $140

And this is just a G1 style box I made for my classics.

Last edited by allgood; 05-10-2009 at 11:17 AM.
allgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
UltraMagnus69
Acid Pellet Style
Re: Interested in high quality G1 KOs?

Cool...I may be interested ..let me know...might be a little pricey for the reflector KO ...they were going for 75 at TFcon last year...just a heads up
UltraMagnus69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #3
skyrink
Generation 1

ya, i too would be quite interested in a swoop, wheeljack, mirage, and reflector...but the prices are quite ridiculous if you think about it, theyre knockoffs. and for that kind of money, your pretty close to the MIB original ones...I'm gonna have to hold off for now until you decide to drop the prices significantly.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:21 AM   #4
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

i saw the constructicons when sam showed it to me recently, and i have to admit, they are or much higher quality than most of what floats around out there...however, i do agree that KOs should be significantly cheaper...hasbro pricing only makes sense in the context of the huge r&d/marketing engine that drives it...definitely a few choice opportunities here though if you don't mind fakies
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
max99d
Robot in Disguise

I have most of th KOs noted in this post.
I would only recommend Mirage and Reflector.

I have Devastator Gift Set , but have not opend the box.
The dinobots and wheeljack were a let down.

The custon box looks really nice.
max99d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #6
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Yeah, I was looking at ordering Reflector from Yahobby, but they don't look like they sell KOs anymore. They were selling him for $70 US I think.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

To warn people, the quality of these is wildly inconsistent. Don't be fooled into thinking they are 'just as good as real G1' quality, as they are not. Some copies of some of the figures can seem decent, but most of them are subject to having one or more of various quality issues. For example, anything with paint on die-cast, you'll find the paint flakes off just by touch. Also, the stickers are terrible, joints range from overly tight to majorly loose, some copies actually are broken right out of the box, which weapons each copy actually comes with is a crapshoot, and, if you want them 'as misb vintage G1 replacements', the bubble often detaches all on its own.

Buyer beware, in terms of what these are represented as being. I do have the 4 clear ones, problems with 3. Better than dollar store ko quality but not as good as real quality and with gratuitous random problems.

Edit: For example, this kind of talk isn't true, and sounds just like the line the Asian sellers use (or used to use in ebay's case) to pitch them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by allgood View Post
It is very hard to find MINT quality G1s and expensive too. I found the high quality KO just good enough to replace my G1s.
I know there are ENCOREs now. But I really don’t like the Japanese letters on the box. And they are all made in China now, which is basically the same as KO’s.

Last edited by Paradigm-Shift Prime; 05-10-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
onecoin
Banned

While I understand the situation here about the knock offs. I do not think it is fair to comment negatively about someones selling price on a BST post. A person has the right to sell their toys for whatever price they like. And a single comment like "hey I found it cheaper" would end their chance to do that.

I think its the would be the same if i wanted to sell my used deluxes for $5 each. And some guy came on and said "WTF. I bought my deluxes at a garage sale for $4 each."

That being said, I think a post like this is questionable, It is posed as a call for discussion, as a sales pitch and made to look like a member wishing to do a favor for other board members. I found it very confusing, I want to post my opinion about these bootlegs, but I feel like I might effect this person's chance to sell thier toys. Maybe if it was posted in another location on the board, and made more to look like a call for advice.

Or if it simply looked like a "These items for sale post," then I would know to leave my comments to myself, let this person sell his toys, and let potential buyers make their choices independently.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
OneShallFall
FoxtrotUnicornCharlieKilo

My G1s might be lose in the joints and no where near perfect,but they are what they are.I couldnt really see investing money in a KO even if the quality is better.
I have wanted Reflector since I was a boy,but I wont pay $100 for a real one let alone a KO.

Good luck with your sales,but I think KOs defeat our purpose here.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Yeah,

I'd be interested but they would have to be at Knock Off prices. You can get any G1 Dinobot for around $60-75 in good condition and complete.

Personally I'd only be willing to pay around $25 for a Knock-off no matter how good they were.

Cheers!
-Ian