Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 11-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #11
Pgianos
Banned
Re: Takara Tommy MP-44 Convoy / Optimus Prime Version 3 Price Confirmation And Possib

Better yet I hope scalpers buy them all and then no one buys any
Pgianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:27 PM   #12
MitchPoer
Double Spy
Re: Takara Tommy MP-44 Convoy / Optimus Prime Version 3 Price Confirmation And Possib

This is actually 6 times what i paid for mp-10
MitchPoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:41 AM   #13
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

And here I though MP Beast Wars Megatron was a stretch in terms of price. But Takara actually wants people to sell their organs in order to afford this new MP Prime. I, for one, am not buying this at this price point.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:10 AM   #14
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I am not trying to defend the 50k JPY MSRP (if that is indeed the Takara's MSRP), but I just looked at the Japanese MSRP for METAL BUILD robot figures from Bandai. They are mostly between 25-30K JPY and they don't even transform. If this new MP Convoy will have the same level of die cast and quality plus transformation, then 50K may not actually be asking too much for the Japanese market.

That or Takara Tomy is on the Japanese side fighting the trade war Trump started on Japanese cars makers, by making all the nerds rage against Trump.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:18 AM   #15
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I am not trying to defend the 50k JPY MSRP (if that is indeed the Takara's MSRP), but I just looked at the Japanese MSRP for METAL BUILD robot figures from Bandai. They are mostly between 25-30K JPY and they don't even transform. If this new MP Convoy will have the same level of die cast and quality plus transformation, then 50K may not actually be asking too much for the Japanese market.

That or Takara Tomy is on the Japanese side fighting the trade war Trump started on Japanese cars makers, by making all the nerds rage against Trump.
How I see it is Takara is realizing that it's consumer base will buy literally anything Transformers from them regardless of the price, so they're using this new MP to test the water to see how far consumers will stretch their wallet in order to obtain the "latest and greatest".
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:25 AM   #16
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

Also..looking at the accessories, including Starscream parts, I think Takara is trying to upstage the $500 non-transforming Prime made by Hot Toys back in 2015.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...-toys-9022461/