Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #1211
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
I think they use your last have/want figure you clicked, updated every 4 or 6 hours, or something like that.

So just be careful what you "want" or "have".
Yeah, it updates every few hours with your last want or have.

By January however, it will be upgraded to do some fancy new stuff that will more fun and useful...

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #1212
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

I should also point out that we are considering a rewards program for referrals nested within Collector Wars that will provide both points and site credit and that this will be retroactive for those of you that post on other forums with your sigs and attract more collectors to the community.

Brr-icy is the king of this so far...

James

faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1213
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

When I try to use my sig on another board, namely the Allspark (I'd be the only one there with one AFAIK), I get this:

Quote:
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif
I'm going to bring it up over there, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention since most people frequent multiple boards, that this might be happeneing all over, and therefore limiting ShelfLife's exposure.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #1214
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
When I try to use my sig on another board, namely the Allspark (I'd be the only one there with one AFAIK), I get this:

I'm going to bring it up over there, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention since most people frequent multiple boards, that this might be happeneing all over, and therefore limiting ShelfLife's exposure.
That's probably because the URL to the sig's image is shortened with Bit.ly . We've just added a link under the BBCode that'll show you an alternate version of your forum sig's BBCode. Give that a try and let me know how it goes, Shockwave 75.

http://www.shelflife.net/account/social_preferences
Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #1215
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
That's probably because the URL to the sig's image is shortened with Bit.ly . We've just added a link under the BBCode that'll show you an alternate version of your forum sig's BBCode. Give that a try and let me know how it goes, Shockwave 75.

the shorter sig was from the line restrictions on another site right?

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #1216
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
the shorter sig was from the line restrictions on another site right?
Yeah, some forums limit the number of characters in your sig for some strange reason.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #1217
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Hey Guys

Couple of questions
1) If I want something and I actually purchase it is there anyway we can shorten the process by clicking on the have and the system can remove the want rather than us having to explain the purchase twice?
2) What happens if a curator doesn't update catalogues that get flagged for new items that come out. For example I have (and I'm sure many others) been waiting for an update on the Prime FE line. The Vehicons and Terracon Cliffjumper still aren't up. I want to add them and sell a couple but it can't be done becasue they don't yet exist on the site. If the curator drops off the site is there a backup plan for situations like this?
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #1218
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
1) If I want something and I actually purchase it is there anyway we can shorten the process by clicking on the have and the system can remove the want rather than us having to explain the purchase twice?
We're working on updating the site so that when you remove a Want and indicate that you purchased it, the Have overlay will open automatically with everything pre-filled from your Want. Sounds good, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
2) What happens if a curator doesn't update catalogues that get flagged for new items that come out. For example I have (and I'm sure many others) been waiting for an update on the Prime FE line. The Vehicons and Terracon Cliffjumper still aren't up. I want to add them and sell a couple but it can't be done becasue they don't yet exist on the site. If the curator drops off the site is there a backup plan for situations like this?
If a curator shirks their duties or disappears, we'll be happy to assign the catalog to someone else.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #1219
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post

Nope. Still didn't work.

This was the reason from the Allspark admin:
Quote:
Yeah, it's using some kind of script to generate the image rather than an actual image extension. The board software disables that for security.
And I still can't upload pictures.

Last edited by Shockwave 75; 11-25-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Shockwave 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #1220
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Nope. Still didn't work.

This was the reason from the Allspark admin:
Quote:
Yeah, it's using some kind of script to generate the image rather than an actual image extension. The board software disables that for security.
And I still can't upload pictures.
The alternative BBCode uses a direct link to the image, which should be perfect for Allspark. On your Social Preferences page, make sure to click the "Click here if a forum doesn't like the BBCode above" link, and grab the alternative BBCode.

For example, here's the standard BBCode for my forum sig:
[url=http://www.shelflife.net/user_banners/nickh][img]http://bit.ly/RBEkZt[/img][/url]

And here's my alternative BBCode. Note the long URL that ends with ".jpg"
[url=http://www.shelflife.net/user_banners/nickh][img]https://sl-production.s3.amazonaws.com/user_banners/50552d5b63051f09d900002e/forum_banner.jpg[/img][/url]

And for uploading photos, we're working on it! In the meantime, try Chrome or Firefox. They're way better browsers than IE.

Tags
collecting, shelflife