Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Cybertron.ca Marketplace > Buy/Sell/Trade Feedback

Old 01-31-2018, 09:27 AM   #1
legotf
Generation 1
I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic

Just letting everyone know. If there are mods who can get involved to ban him and maybe figure out what other accounts he has so they can be banned.

Honestly I was very foolish trusting this person, there were red flags but I am a trusting person by nature and it usually serves me well. I see there are a few users on the boards who bought and sold this guy some things, my guess is those are fake users but I will be reaching out and if any of you did deal with him maybe you can help me track him down and get the police involved. I know I am new here but I can provide text and email screenshots as well as an interact transfer screenshot. I feel really foolish but I think it is my obligation to warn everyone else about this scammer.

Please let me know if there is any official protocol for this on the site. Thank you

EDIT:

I am adding the description to this post so people don't need to scroll down to read it.

I was just foolish. I had posted that I wanted the fanstoys dinos and he private messged me. We agreed on a price, I interact money transfered him the funds and with 2 days he stopped responding to phone, texts and emails. His phone is a a pay as you go. Because it was interact transfer I can not recover the funds.

There were a number of red flags I should have noticed but sadly I was not careful. He said his name was Mike Nguyen we communicated via <mn8402@yahoo.com> but the email address I ended up sending the funds to was stevendec27@hotmail.com. I feel really embarrassed for falling for this. It wasn't a super elaborate scam I was just foolish. We spoke on the phone, we also texted but clearly this is a burner phone as he has totally stopped responding.

Last edited by legotf; 01-31-2018 at 10:10 AM.
legotf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:42 AM   #2
Pascal
Banned
Re: I got scammed by user Mindtricks who also has username Nostalgic

Explain the scam?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

if you could explain a bit more that be great!!

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:07 AM   #4
legotf
Generation 1

I was just foolish. I had posted that I wanted the fanstoys dinos and he private messged me. We agreed on a price, I interact money transfered him the funds and with 2 days he stopped responding to phone, texts and emails. His phone is a a pay as you go. Because it was interact transfer I can not recover the funds.

There were a number of red flags I should have noticed but sadly I was not careful. He said his name was Mike Nguyen we communicated via <mn8402@yahoo.com> but the email address I ended up sending the funds to was stevendec27@hotmail.com. I feel really embarrassed for falling for this. It wasn't a super elaborate scam I was just foolish. We spoke on the phone, we also texted but clearly this is a burner phone as he has totally stopped responding.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:12 AM   #5
legotf
Generation 1

Looks I got legit scammed. It is this guy http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?p=721688
Old 01-31-2018, 10:18 AM   #6
legotf
Generation 1

If I had only googled the email address I was sending money to before sending it I would not have fallen for this. I am gutted
Old 01-31-2018, 10:31 AM   #7
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Sorry for what you had to go through. I don't know if there is anyway to stop this guy from coming back under multiple names but the more we can do as a community to keep ID'ing him to help each other out the better
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:32 AM   #8
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I haven't dealt with guys myself, hope you can get some help on this. Anyone know what this guys looks like, there's a good chance he frequents local toy shows?
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
Sorry to hear about your trouble. I haven't dealt with guys myself, hope you can get some help on this. Anyone know what this guys looks like, there's a good chance he frequents local toy shows?
If it is the person identified as the MP Bandit he will never come in but sit in the parking lot and try to do pre-arranged deals from there
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
BigWillay
Robot Master

as Wervenom stated, he never comes into the show... always has an excuse as to why he can't come in, and "sends a friend" to do his deals. Primecron and I had a major issue with him a while ago, this guy... "Tony" likes to play games and has done so with multiple members. Hard to block him off completely but as a community we can help each other.... Really sorry to hear you got scammed sad to think that this guy is still pulling this crap... hes like a roach.. just won't go away.. and when he does he resurfaces later on.

All I can say is to be careful when buying stuff and always go with their feedback
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mindtrick, nostalgic, sale, scam, thief