Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 01-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #21
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise
Re: Reveal the shield Jazz Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuffyprime View Post
Larkhainan, your probably too young to either remember or know about it bro
My Probably.

I'm 28 and was raised on rubsigns actually, I'm aware they're something of a knock off "thing" - they were discussed when the line was first introduced conceptually months back in response to all the whining. It's just very strange to have box art (seriously, look at it) where it's like RUB HIM TO REVEAL AUTOBOT JAZZ'S ALLEGIANCE!!

Just a very half assed marketing thing when it gets assembled in such a manner - especially when you consider the rumours RTS will ship with Gen in the same cases in following waves. If you're going to use it again, which is fine, it should come together to create a cohesive gimmick. The irony of the stolen chinese toy review crew on youtube reviewing RTS figures without rubsigns at all not withstanding, of course. That's priceless.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #22
TinTip
Generation 1

I believe it is because United is one cohesive line between North America RtS and Generations, so they just dumped the rub sign altogether. Thus Autobot Jazz can have his emblem on his hood and not need a rubsign.
TinTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
Mumps
Canadian Slag

I got the United Jazz, and I would give the overall toy a 7/10. The three missing points are entirely the chest not being able to clip in place in robot mode. I had him and Tracks open at the same time, and I found myself messing with Tracks a lot more than Jazz. The chest annoys the hell out of me, and could have been designed better.

Other than the chest not locking issue, I love everything else about this figure.

EDIT: The more I play with Jazz though, the more I like it. I will bump my rating of him up to an 8.5/10, with Tracks being an 8/10.

Last edited by Mumps; 02-02-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #24
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

I've heard the difference in whites on Jazz isn't as noticeable in person as it is in the photos...is that true? I don't want to pick up RTS Jazz and think "wow, he looks like he came from a smokers' home".
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #25
Jazzedup23
Mini-Con
Send a message via MSN to Jazzedup23 Send a message via Yahoo to Jazzedup23

united jazz is whiter in paint apps compared to RTS jazz with yellowish white whatever paint. jazz is really a great figure because of the resemblance to the cartoon series. but my only complaint about the figure like most of us is his chest. there are no locking tabs whatsoever.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #26
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Picked him up today and am very much nitpicking the small stuff.

I knew going in that the lack of detailing would be annoying, but seeing as they virtually miss painting the rear of the car it really stands out all the more.

As GM says, these are easy fixes which I am going to fix.

I hate the gun, but perhaps mostly I dislike the headsculpt. He's frowning and his visor(like all the blue on him) is too dark a color.

I also don't get the animated style chin, its really way to pronounced for my tastes. His spoiler is way off as well.

If I were to assign an overall random number it would be maybe 4/10. He feels like a half completed figure that you have to finish yourself.

I'm still thinking that the Prowl mold would have been a better fit.

Once I get him painted up a bit better I'm sure I'll like him more, until then I'm just a little unimpressed.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:32 AM   #27
Larkhainan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
I've heard the difference in whites on Jazz isn't as noticeable in person as it is in the photos...is that true? I don't want to pick up RTS Jazz and think "wow, he looks like he came from a smokers' home".
Do you own a Hasbro Drift? Because it is, to my understanding, the same white and the same argument with much the comparison.
Larkhainan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #28
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I'm still thinking that the Prowl mold would have been a better fit.
personally speaking, the prowl mold was one of the worst in the universe line, backheavy, roof just went where it wanted to, the fenders didn't need to come off like that, and since they did they got in the way. i actually enjoy transforming galvatron more. jazz's mold is a lot better than that IMO.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #29
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
personally speaking, the prowl mold was one of the worst in the universe line, backheavy, roof just went where it wanted to, the fenders didn't need to come off like that, and since they did they got in the way. i actually enjoy transforming galvatron more. jazz's mold is a lot better than that IMO.
Just adjust his feet and he stands however you want him to.

Fenders seem no more cumbersome than the speakers to me and I find the roof to be actually very similar.

Maybe its because I'm sitting here stairing at my custom version beside the RtS one, but the Prowl mode is just all in all sleeker with the spoiler in the right spot. It's also a lot less bulky.

It's not without its faults, I just prefer it.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #30
Pascal
Banned

Jazz is meh, he looks unfinished and his chest doesn't even lock into place. I'll probably replace him with the United version to at least get a better paint job.

It's also fact that Prowl is harder to balance because of his feet. He can be posed leaning slightly forward and looking down but perfectly straight and proud is near impossible, he falls flat on his back at the slightest touch. He looks alright though. The fenders are indeed annoying as is the neck plate which looks a bit out of place.

Ok, is it a review thread for Jazz or Prowl?

Last edited by Pascal; 02-13-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Typo
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote