Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-09-2021, 04:51 PM   #21
VicRav
Machine War
Re: Takara Reveals ? Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
That's going off of current prices. Word is that the Commander class going forward will lower it's MSRP. Probably still gonna be $90-$100, but it'll be lowered.
If the rumored price change does happen it certainly would make it more reasonable. I personally would still try to wait for an additional 20% off at something like TRU.

I have POTP Rodimus and it is flawed, but I picked him up when Siege was out and he was on clearance. I am kind of happy with him for the price. I will have to see more of this new Rodimus and good pricing to really convince me to buy another.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #22
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Takara Reveals ? Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRav View Post
If the rumored price change does happen it certainly would make it more reasonable. I personally would still try to wait for an additional 20% off at something like TRU.

I have POTP Rodimus and it is flawed, but I picked him up when Siege was out and he was on clearance. I am kind of happy with him for the price. I will have to see more of this new Rodimus and good pricing to really convince me to buy another.

I think POTP Rodimus design was very smart, from hot rod --> Rodimus.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:06 PM   #23
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

Looks great... but not $100 great

I'll wait to see the final price on this one before I decide but my POTP Hotrod/Rodimus won't be loosing his spot on my shelves anytime soon
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:49 PM   #24
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

If this had come out during the Armada/Energon/Cybertron days, then I’d have been super stoked. Now, though... all the nope. The Studio series Hot Rod is way better than this, IMO. Heck, even the POTP version seems on par with this and it was half the price. Between the unholy unpainted wheels, the awkward trailer connection, the fat car mode, and the lack of accessories (might just not be shown here), this is not worth the Commander title.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:00 PM   #25
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyue2 View Post
I think POTP Rodimus design was very smart, from hot rod --> Rodimus.
I'm of the same opinion. It was really cool having the trailer become something to make Hot Rod into Rodimus. My only issue is how large the trailer backpack is.

This Commander class figure looks good, looks like it should. But I'm going to have to wait for a size comparisons and some reviews before likely deciding that it's not worth the price tag. Some corners were cut.

How does this figure compare to the Masterpiece Rodimus? Maybe it's worth spending more to get the masterpiece version instead? Even with it's known breakage issues...

I don't hate this, but I'm just probably not going to buy it, unless it goes for a really big sale.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #26
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Well, we all know he's still a cocky Hotrod inside. I think leaving his cockpit hanging and jutting out is Rodimus' mid-life attempt at showing the world he's still up for it, and can measure up to Optimus, trailer and all.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:10 PM   #27
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Looking more and more and more at it... wowwwww this is traaaaaaash. Mismashed and crummy vehicle mode, meh robot mode, not much more going on in his trailer than Leader Prime's, not really, and who cares, can't even paint the tires...

JETFIRE! SKYLYNX! ..... this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
130$, folks.

It's like a bad punchline to a mediocre joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Maverick View Post
Looks great... but not $100 great

I'll wait to see the final price on this one before I decide but my POTP Hotrod/Rodimus won't be loosing his spot on my shelves anytime soon
All of the above!

That's a hefty price tag.
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:31 PM   #28
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Supposed to also come with 10 blast effects as well as the Matrix.
How do 10 of those lame blast effects make this a Commander Class? Weapons or trailer gimmicks would be better, but those cheap effect parts do nothing for me.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:43 PM   #29
protoform_ironhide
Commander

This time i have to agreed with everyone else... this is only leader class for all the stuff we seen in these photos, this isn't commander class at all. Hasbro is definitely asking too much this time. Plus the cab does sticks out too much compared to the anime..... not a very good Rodimus Prime from what we have seen so far.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:47 PM   #30
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
Supposed to also come with 10 blast effects as well as the Matrix.
Oh, *blast effects.* Totally justifies the forty bucks+ over leader class.

Barf.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote