Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-13-2017, 09:52 PM   #151
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Tru flyer

Sadly, word I hear is the main warehouse, let alone any stores, Don't even have any of the orders filled by the distributor. Take it as rumor, but I won't hold my breath. I hope I am wrong, but this looks like a real mess up for poor ole TRU.

Last edited by GotBot; 12-13-2017 at 09:55 PM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:21 PM   #152
Pascal
Banned

And who's your source?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:25 PM   #153
ngnaw
Armada

I actually heard that the TRU Lasalle store in Montreal was supposed to receive them December 1st, then it got delayed to what GotBot is saying, kind of weird... I mosy'd on down to Walmart Lasalle in this fricken cold weather and in the back of the store near the Christmas decorations was the PotP display full!!!

I scanned the boxes and no price showed up... said to ask an associate. I decided to try the price match everyone was doing in Ontario and low and behold they did it for me. I got Grimlock at $20.97 and Slag and Swoop at $13.97. Didn't pick up Skrapnel, Beachcomber, and Dreadwind either. Will wait for those. On the fence about Jazz too so will see later on. I'm so glad the trek was worth it since it's a 30% off price match.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #154
Pascal
Banned

I've never seen a single TRU exactly knowing when their stuff would arrive. "We unload shipments as they arrive" is all they say.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:40 PM   #155
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I've never seen a single TRU exactly knowing when their stuff would arrive. "We unload shipments as they arrive" is all they say.
Ya even though the guy I speak to is pretty knowledgeable, I take it with a grain of salt... BUT Walmart did start getting the displays out early in December... Makes sense to get the Christmas rush. TRU should be getting these things first, it's a toy company lol I also told myself support TRU don't get it from Walmart but I couldn't resist!!!! The figures looked so good in hand!
Old 12-14-2017, 02:12 AM   #156
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
Ya even though the guy I speak to is pretty knowledgeable, I take it with a grain of salt... BUT Walmart did start getting the displays out early in December... Makes sense to get the Christmas rush. TRU should be getting these things first, it's a toy company lol I also told myself support TRU don't get it from Walmart but I couldn't resist!!!! The figures looked so good in hand!
Around here in north and outside of Toronto Walmart usually seems to get the waves in first by a few weeks in many cases. I recall they even had the G2 Titans Voyager Prime and Megatron where TRU never got this set...only now they might get a crack at it since I see they packed it with Octone and it popped up online at TRU...and there is also a set packed with Blitzy and the Megatron that will be sent out by Hasbro but havent seen that anywhere yet.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:48 AM   #157
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
And who's your source?
A few different employees Who I know are also collectors. Like I said, That's the word I get from people who work for TRU but I still said take it as rumor because they could be mistaken. Still, evidence and past experience seems like this could, Sadly, be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
I absolutely 100% agree.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #158
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Tru flyer - Ongoing Weekly List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
POTP Legends and Deluxes - Buy one get the second one for 50%
Does anyone know if WM ad-matches (buy one get one 50% off)?

My only (multiple) successes with ad-matching are direct price reductions shown in the flyers/online listings

I tried using TRU's Summer/Winter Savings coupons last year, was rejected at every turn; is this a similar instance? I am inclined to say yes, because in the flyer there is no shown reduction of price, it still lists the legends/deluxes at their full price
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:56 AM   #159
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Tru flyer - Ongoing Weekly List

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Does anyone know if WM ad-matches (buy one get one 50% off)?

My only (multiple) successes with ad-matching are direct price reductions shown in the flyers/online listings

I tried using TRU's Summer/Winter Savings coupons last year, was rejected at every turn; is this a similar instance? I am inclined to say yes, because in the flyer there is no shown reduction of price, it still lists the legends/deluxes at their full price

If you have yr smart phone with the catalogue, and it shows the price of the exact item or assortment online, they might do it for u if the item is shown to be in stock. I think Hasbro and TRU are doing sales more like BOGO as its hard to get price matched. Maybe if u put two items in the check out cart and it shows the discount and actual price amounts a nice manager will help...but it begins and ends with a nice manager or staff.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #160
gorillabean
Machine War
gorillabean's Ebay Auctions

I checked with my local TRU (Langley, BC) and had them search the SKU for both Voyager and Deluxe. They said they won't be available until the new year. The guy also said that TRU have orders in to the manufacturer for spring 2018.
gorillabean is offline   Reply With Quote