Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
PX-01 Shadow Pack PHOTO review (56Kers Beware)

Hi there!

I just got today in the mail the PX-01 Shadow Pack along with the PE-02 Shadow Demolition

Now I wont really talk about PE-02 Shadow Demolition since he's EXACTLY the same as PE-01 Shadow Warrior (beside the red details) which I already did a review of few months ago... All I have to say: Same qualities, same problems.... NOTHING changed on that little fella... I did notice the paint job seemed a Little bit better... with very sublte difference... for example, the little pistol, on PE-02 there's a very slight chorme line that PE-01 doesnt have... but nothing really major, but still basicly PE-01 & PE-02 are the same, nothing changed. You can see a review of my PE-01 here:

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=21371

Now... onto the reason why I bought the whole thing: The PX-01 Shadow Pack :-)

Here's the boxes and somewhat size comparison with Shadow Commader:

Close up of the Boxes:

Back of the PX-01 Shadow Pack Box:

the PX-01 Shadow Pack doesnt have any instruction... or Mine didnt have any... but this back of the box is pretty much all you'll have to help you figure out how PX-01 Shadow Pack works

Back of both boxes:

Here's what you get inside the boxes:

Notice PE-02 Shadow Demolition has instructions, but not PX-01 Shadow Pack

We already met his twin brother... so let's not stall on this guy:

This is what we (well.. "I" wanted):

Unboxed:

the other side:

The PX-01 Shadow Pack has 4 opening pannels, two on top which hides... somewhat... I dunno grenades? Missiles?

...and tow on the other side, for cliping purposes when in vehicule mode

Now onto the assembly: First I bought the PX-01 Shadow Pack for the main reason that the PX-01 Shadow Pack holds THIGHLY the Shadow Commander's Gargantuan canon... Yeah... thats my main reason. I LOVE Shadow Commander, but The canon is just way too big IMO... so I wanted it to be put on his back... everyone says that the canon can hold on the back, placing a hinge in the canon's crack but mine just NEVER HOLDS, always falls back...which sucked... then I seen this PX-01 Shadow Pack and thought that THIS IS What I needed. And boy I am not disapointed for it.

First notice the 45 degrees tab on th back of PX-01 Shadow Pack which tightly fit into the Canon's side:

The PX-01 Shadow Pack does a really good job of holding the cannon... the weight of the canon doesnt make it fall off or pop off the PX-01 Shadow Pack

Placing the PX-01 Shadow Pack on the back of the Shadow Commander is quite simple... even without instructions; just open the doors for the... hum... grenades? Missiles? and slide it onto the back of Shadow Commander, it slide Tightly, holds great, there are very little tabs on the sides which are suppose the snap in, but they dont really snap into place... but even if they are not clipped in... the PX-01 Shadow Pack holds tightly:

(to be continued)
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
Re: PX-01 Shadow Pack PHOTO review (56Kers Beware)

(part 2)

Once on the back, if you dont feel like placing the Canon onto it, you can just pretty much add any of Shadow Commander's weapons on PX-01 Shadow Pack back doors

It kinda suck a bit that I had to buy PE-02 Shadow Demolition along PX-01 Shadow Pack since I already own PE-01... but... Can you say OVER-KILL?

YARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Now... the Original PE-01 had one major flaw (beside the design one where the head pops in and the chest opens up), and that flaw was that PE-01 did not attached itself what-so-ever onto Shadow Commander in Van mode. And that's where PX-01 Shadow Pack comes in:

I like the little touch of the headlights... though it looks like something you'd put on a pick-up truck:

The PX-01 Shadow Pack holds good on the trailer... not tight, but it does the job.

This is how you attach PX-01 Shadow Pack onto the trailer; first open up the Bottom pannels, and slide them on the trailer's tab that are on the sides (sorry, blurr... kodak sucks... 15 takes and this is the best one)

As you slide it on the trailer, you'll also fit the somewhat square-ish bump into the trailer's hole on the top (confusing... sorry... just look at the pict)

Once the is mounted on the trailer, all you need to do is plug the transformed PE-01 and PE-02 onto PX-01 Shadow Pack:

Err... wait, that doesnt look right... Sorry... I was working without instruction here :-/

So ok... you need to remove the pistols and then tab PE-01 and PE-02 onto PX-01 Shadow Pack... kinda looks like a spaceship... hmmm...

This is what it looks final on Shadow Commander's Van mode:

It doesnt look too appealing if you ask me... I dunno... I tried the guns upward, to make them look like Chimneys... but it also doesnt look too good:

After all this... I am please to see that PE-01 and PE-02 are not left out when Shadow Commander rolls out... but then I am now brought to a new question: THE HELL I DO WITH THE PISTOLS NOW?

Now... is the PX-01 Shadow Pack worth the 50$ price tag? Ehm... I would've wished if the PX-01 Shadow Pack would've come alone, without PE-02 since I already had PE-01... then again in vehicule mode it looks better with both of them mounted... but... I dunno... I mostly bought PX-01 Shadow Pack to fit the Holster the giant canon on his back in a cool way when Shadow Commander is in Robot mode...

Here's what I'd say about PX-01 Shadow Pack
-Do you want to complete your Shadow Commander?
-Do you have disposable income?
Then get it!

It's a nice little addition, a cool trinket for Shadow Commander, I like it... but I would've really recommended it to Everyone if it would've come alone, for about 20$ instead of the 50$ with PE-02.

Pros:
-Fits tight on both robot and vehicle mode
-Hold the Giant Canon GREAT

Cons:
-No instructions
-comes with PE-02
-PE-02 has the exact same flaws of PE-01... nothing was fixed or updated (beside color details)
-the price... yeah it's 50$ because it comes with PE-02... but I just wish it was cheaper, and didnt came along PE-02
Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
venksta
Render Project Creations

Thanks for the review! I really like the how Shadow's altmode looks now with the addons. Going to have to consider getting this down the road.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

I hope they do one for DIA Commander...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shadow pack