Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 03-09-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Takara Reveals ? Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick

Rumors surrounding the upcoming Commander Class announcement have been heavy as of late, but a few days ago we got a couple glimpses at this year’s $80 price-point figure. Now, thanks to the Figusoku Twitter page, we officially have our first full look at Commander Class Rodimus Prime with images from Amazon Japan! With these pics we get a nice, clear look at his robot mode, some of his weapons, his vehicle mode, and his trailer’s base mode inspired by the original G1 toy! He also appears to have individually articulated index fingers for maximum pointing action! In » Continue Reading.

The post Takara Reveals – Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick appeared first on Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM.

More...
Old 03-09-2021, 12:02 PM   #2
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Takara Reveals ? Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick

Gotta say, aesthetically this looks damned good?
A sight better than the POTP RP, though I'd like comparison shots to be completely sold

People already pointed out the wheels - aside from debate over whether the price is worth it, what else to pick apart?

One could always just wait for a sale if don't like the MSRP
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:12 PM   #3
Soundwaves
Robot Master
Re: Takara Reveals ? Commander Class Rodimus Prime, ROTF Bee, Crossover Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
Gotta say, aesthetically this looks damned good?
A sight better than the POTP RP, though I'd like comparison shots to be completely sold

People already pointed out the wheels - aside from debate over whether the price is worth it, what else to pick apart?

One could always just wait for a sale if don't like the MSRP
Where are you buying toys from these days that you can just wait for sale on any new one?

This Kingdom and SS 86 stuff is barely on the shelf for day out here in BC.
Soundwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
Msol
Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post
Where are you buying toys from these days that you can just wait for sale on any new one?

I definitely got Sky Lynx on sale in BC last year. 25% off I think.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:29 PM   #5
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

great, all 3 can be skipped, money saved.
Come on, it's probably just a Voyager size figure now with a trailer will upgrade to commander class which cost $100 +?

Give me a break.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 03-09-2021 at 12:32 PM.
xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:45 PM   #6
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Ick. When I saw that blurry picture of the "cab" mode a few days ago I assumed that the spoiler could be moved forward a bit for when you combined it with the trailer. Instead, it looks like they just had the car barely go into the trailer at all, instead sticking out in a way that's both ugly and show-inaccurate. Aside from that, the car/robot component is barely any different from any of the much cheaper Hot Rod toys we've already gotten, and the only real play feature on the trailer is the cannon.

I'm glad I've got the Titanium version, 'cause I'm not touching this overpriced monstrosity with a three-metre pole.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:53 PM   #7
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwaves View Post

If it follows suit as the previous commander class figs, will prob hang around TRUs for a while

Ott/Gat got 5 locations to choose from, plus can reach Kingston easy enough (Belleville a bit much for a day trip)

I remember driving out to PointeClaire in QC once; it was a fun drive, but long enough I prob wouldn't do it again
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #8
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
Ick. When I saw that blurry picture of the "cab" mode a few days ago I assumed that the spoiler could be moved forward a bit for when you combined it with the trailer. Instead, it looks like they just had the car barely go into the trailer at all, instead sticking out in a way that's both ugly and show-inaccurate. Aside from that, the car/robot component is barely any different from any of the much cheaper Hot Rod toys we've already gotten, and the only real play feature on the trailer is the cannon.

I'm glad I've got the Titanium version, 'cause I'm not touching this overpriced monstrosity with a three-metre pole.

Dude, I'm with you. That looks like crap and it's ALL wrong. I'm not a stickler for "show accuracy" but the car part is almost entirely OUT of the trailer. The original toy and cartoon and basically any other verasion of Rodimus, the only part of the car really exposed is the front wheels and hood/windscreen. This looks... lousy.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:44 PM   #9
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

I'll probably get him. To me he looks a lot better than the POTP version.

I kinda looks like the car should go deeper into the trailer. There are large tabs on the side of it that look like they should go where the bottom half of the trailer mufflers(?) are connected to.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #10
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Looking more and more and more at it... wowwwww this is traaaaaaash. Mismashed and crummy vehicle mode, meh robot mode, not much more going on in his trailer than Leader Prime's, not really, and who cares, can't even paint the tires...

JETFIRE! SKYLYNX! ..... this.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote