Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
SimonMK
Armada
Question about the Blu-Ray version of the movies (Both the animated and Bay movie)

I saw that the 1986 movie will get a Blu-Ray version release. Is it already out or its set to be released later?

I already have the 20th anniversay version which had 1 widescreen with remastered colors disc and the other disc being the movie in original version.

Is there anything added/different in the Blu-Ray version?

About the Blu-Ray version of the first TF Bay movie, I hear we get a 20$ refund if we have in possession the DVD version, is that still available or its expired?

Does the Blu-Ray version include the IMAX scenes? I am asking this because the ''The Dark Knight'' included the IMAX scenes in the Blu-Ray only.
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
malteselegacy
Long live Galvatron!
Re: Question about the Blu-Ray version of the movies (Both the animated and Bay movie

[quote=SimonMK;147998]I saw that the 1986 movie will get a Blu-Ray version release. Is it already out or its set to be released later?

The Blu-Ray was released everywhere except North America. I picked up mine from England and it works on my player. There are NO extras just the movie. The picture quality is fantastic!
malteselegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
Uberman
Energon
Re: Question about the Blu-Ray version of the movies (Both the animated and Bay movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonMK View Post
I am asking this because the ''The Dark Knight'' included the IMAX scenes in the Blu-Ray only.
I can't really answer the rest, but I want to make clear that the above isn't really the case. The IMAX scenes in Dark Knight are still there in the DVD version, they're just, well, de-mastered, I guess. Down-converted, really. Formatted to the standard 2.35:1 screen ratio. But they're still there.

Were there IMAX-tweaked scenes in the first Bay movie?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
SimonMK
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberman View Post
I can't really answer the rest, but I want to make clear that the above isn't really the case. The IMAX scenes in Dark Knight are still there in the DVD version, they're just, well, de-mastered, I guess. Down-converted, really. Formatted to the standard 2.35:1 screen ratio. But they're still there.

Were there IMAX-tweaked scenes in the first Bay movie?
Really? I rented the normal DVD version of TDK, I didn't knew they included the IMAX scenes in it.

From what I heard, in the IMAX version, they included I think 5-8 minutes but they all human scenes.

Since I have the 20th anniversary animated movie (2 discs) and the normal DVD Bay movie, is it worth buying the Blu-Ray versions? I just got a PS3 and didn't experience a Blu-Ray movie yet.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonMK View Post
... is it worth buying the Blu-Ray versions?
If you have a HD TV, the answer to this question is ALWAYS yes. The Animated movie (along with any other animated film I have seen) looks spectacular in HD, and same goes for Mr. Bay's film.

If you can swing it, I would recommend the upgrade.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
SimonMK
Armada

Oh yeah, I always forgot to say I have a HDTV.

So will the Blu-Ray version of the Animated movie will ever be released in Canada? Does Blu-Ray use the remastered color, the original or both (like the 20th anniversary)?
Old 06-25-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

I own both DVD's of the Animated 1986 film and the UK Blu-ray. All I can say is GET THE BLU-RAY. You can purchase it online from Amazon UK. BIG DIFFERENCE. But keep the DVD's as the special features are not on the present Blu-ray.

As Jourdo says, animation really does POP on the Blu-ray medium. Color detail is amazing.

There are no IMAX scenes on the Transformers 2007 DVD nor on the re-release as its the same pressed disc. Don't think there ever will be. However, Bay mentioned doing it on the Blu-ray for Transformers 2.

Please note that ONLY the blu-ray will get this treatment. Just like TDK on blu. The DVD didn't have Aspect Ratio switching. Don't know if its even possible for the DVD technology to do it properly.

Last edited by tilallr1; 06-25-2009 at 04:13 PM.
tilallr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
Mumps
Canadian Slag

There were extra scenes shown in the IMAX version of the 2007 movie (one of which being the car chase scene is longer). These are not included on the DVD or blu-ray.

If my blu-ray player was multi-region I would definately get the Blu-Ray of the animated movie...
Mumps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
Euroflip
Machine War

IMHO, the "its too blurry to see a dam thing" camerawork is less noticeable on the blu-ray version because of the increased resolution. Has anyone else noticed this?

My Feedback
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=158545
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5124
Euroflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #10
RodimusMatrix
Beasty

um i found the transformers movie from 1986 on blu ray in mississauga square one for $ 25.00
________
Toyota type a engine history

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:21 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote