Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-27-2020, 02:40 AM   #21
chaingunsofdoom
Wrecker
Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

Well, this early into 2020 and it already has the winner for worst TF of the year... Soundbarrier! Totally lazy "transformation" if you can call it that.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:43 AM   #22
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Really liking Earthrise so far, but if there's one thing that really irk's me about it is Hasbro trying to pass off ER Prime as a $70 Leader class figure. He looks insignificantly small in his box. Great figure nonetheless.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #23
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Well, this early into 2020 and it already has the winner for worst TF of the year... Soundbarrier! Totally lazy "transformation" if you can call it that.
It is a shield and a floor board what do you expect?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:31 PM   #24
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Really liking Earthrise so far, but if there's one thing that really irk's me about it is Hasbro trying to pass off ER Prime as a $70 Leader class figure. He looks insignificantly small in his box. Great figure nonetheless.
Except the legs. To reuse the older Siege only to kill their transformation was incredibly stupid imo. I hope WJ or MB does an OS version with die-cast, rubber tires and more importantly, completely new legs. Otherwise, the torso transformation is really cool.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 01:51 PM   #25
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Except the legs. To reuse the older Siege only to kill their transformation was incredibly stupid imo. I hope WJ or MB does an OS version with die-cast, rubber tires and more importantly, completely new legs. Otherwise, the torso transformation is really cool.
Definitely. If WJ or MB does their own versions, I'll get one of them instead and sell my ER version. Aoyi Mech is also making some really good ko's lately.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #26
SHCKWAVE
Beast Machine

Loving the Earthrise line so far, which is hilarious as I was very unhappy when it was first announced and was not impressed with the advanced pic's.(I was/am a BIG fan of Siege so admit I was being petulant.) Now that I own the first wave (after judging them in person in their boxes first) I am more than pleased. Stupid question but DOES Starscream have a smirk or not? I would bet money that mine does BUT everyone else says he doesn't? Thinking it's time for some new glasses maybe..?
SHCKWAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:10 PM   #27
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
I know it's not the place here but I'm genuinely underwhelmed by Earthrise. Don't get me wrong, I think the engineering is much improved and designs are nice. But despite the price hikes, the toys still exhibit the same cheap feeling plastic and hollowness we're accustomed to seeing with most mainline TFs.

For example, look at Optimus, voyager scale at leader price...The cab is nice, in terms of engineering, arguably one of the best renditions of a mainline OP but the plastic is utterly terrible feeling and the trailer's ridiculously under-scaled and under-painted (and not to mention no roller).

Price is undoubtedly the biggest problem I have with these, and unfortunately that's the new norm going forward. OP is close to $80 after taxes and with lack of sales and shody distribution, we're essentially now forced to buy at regular price. I'm not sure how many of you justify that price and are Ok with dropping $80 on a mainline voyager figure. G1 nostalgia at insane price points I guess.
Personally I'm not so much underwhelmed as I am unsurprised. Like yeah, G1 is da OG, the foundation on which we have our fandom but I'm starting to get burnt out on it. Like we have had our occasional BW or Unicron Trilogy here and there but I'd like a line where that is reversed, like maybe majorly a Unicron Trilogy or BW with G1 interspersed or something of the sort. Even just G2 would be more refreshing.

As for the Leaders I agree that some are underwhelming. Earthrise I think is lining up to have better leaders after wave 1, but the lack of substance in the first wave is underwhelming(Like I can't wait to get OP cause it would be the first prime with trailer id have but I mean it's lacking, like give it roller or an ax. It feels half-packed)

But yeah I can def see where ya coming from. And don't even get me started on the price.
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #28
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Agreed. It's missing maybe a Roller, an Axe, and if I'm pushing it a slightly bigger trailer. Even then tho maybe $60 at max. Unfortunately for me though, I do not have any G1-Esque Prime with a trailer in CHUG scale so Hasbro gets my money I guess.
On the topic of money though, if people and companies start to wonder why kids don't want toys no more it's probably because no kid has 30 dollars to just drop on 1 figure. I mean at least I don't know of a kid that just drops 30 to 80 bucks on a toy out of nowhere. I not even that old and I remember when you could pay 30 dollars for like 2 deluxes. (Sorry for the micro-rant peeps)
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:01 PM   #29
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG View Post
Agreed. It's missing maybe a Roller, an Axe, and if I'm pushing it a slightly bigger trailer. Even then tho maybe $60 at max. Unfortunately for me though, I do not have any G1-Esque Prime with a trailer in CHUG scale so Hasbro gets my money I guess.
On the topic of money though, if people and companies start to wonder why kids don't want toys no more it's probably because no kid has 30 dollars to just drop on 1 figure. I mean at least I don't know of a kid that just drops 30 to 80 bucks on a toy out of nowhere. I not even that old and I remember when you could pay 30 dollars for like 2 deluxes. (Sorry for the micro-rant peeps)

A thirty dollar Lego set is so much better value it's fucking unbelievable. Hell, most of the 20-25 dollar sets are better.

I'm on for Scorpononk, Doubledealer, Sky-Lynx, Quintesson. But you damn well better believe I am waiting for sales.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #30
zhaobinis1
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
I know it's not the place here but I'm genuinely underwhelmed by Earthrise. Don't get me wrong, I think the engineering is much improved and designs are nice. But despite the price hikes, the toys still exhibit the same cheap feeling plastic and hollowness we're accustomed to seeing with most mainline TFs.

For example, look at Optimus, voyager scale at leader price...The cab is nice, in terms of engineering, arguably one of the best renditions of a mainline OP but the plastic is utterly terrible feeling and the trailer's ridiculously under-scaled and under-painted (and not to mention no roller).

Price is undoubtedly the biggest problem I have with these, and unfortunately that's the new norm going forward. OP is close to $80 after taxes and with lack of sales and shody distribution, we're essentially now forced to buy at regular price. I'm not sure how many of you justify that price and are Ok with dropping $80 on a mainline voyager figure. G1 nostalgia at insane price points I guess.
You can also tell Hasbro has gone back to their old ways of budget oriented toy design. Look at Siege, if a figure's transformation is too simple, they would add more articulation and panels to cover hollow parts. Starscream is a perfect example. Its transformation is not as complicated as other voyagers, so they added panels to make sure it as zero hollow parts. They added shoulder forward swing, spring structure in the legs. Now looking at Earthrise, all figures I can see has lots of hollow parts except Leader OP. It is very clear to me they lowered their budget for Earthrise compared to Siege.
zhaobinis1 is offline   Reply With Quote