Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2010, 04:26 AM   #1
Watari
The Seeker
Anyone Having Problems With Windows Live Messenger Recently/Currently?

Anyone else having the same problem as I am? I keep getting disconnected for no reason and this problem started a few days ago.
Watari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy
Re: Anyone Having Problems With Windows Live Messenger Recently/Currently?

yeah, it happens,

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

When I log in to check my emails, there's sometimes a conflict between the Live Messenger application and the separate Microsoft Messenger application I'm usually running, causing the Microsoft Messenger to disconnect because my contacts appear in 2 different places. Does that make sense?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
endLess
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
When I log in to check my emails, there's sometimes a conflict between the Live Messenger application and the separate Microsoft Messenger application I'm usually running, causing the Microsoft Messenger to disconnect because my contacts appear in 2 different places. Does that make sense?
I was having this problem dude and after a little troubleshooting I fixed it. Here's what I did:

1.) Make sure you're signed out of MSN when you do this. Go to www.hotmail.com in your browser, and once the page loads, in the top right hand corner you should see your name with "profile" and "sign out" below. Sign out of there as well.

2.) If you are already signed out, hover the mouse over your name and you should see something like "sign out of messenger", amongst other options. Click "sign out of messenger". If you are signed in, click "sign out" below your name and refresh the page. Try hovering over your name in the top right hand corner while signed in and signed out to find that "sign out of messenger" option. As long as you can click that, you'll be fine. Again, make sure you aren't signed into MSN while you're doing this otherwise it won't work.

3.) Sign back into MSN and click your email icon and once it loads your hotmail and your MSN should be separate. Then you can sign back into hotmail separately and the two shouldn't get mixed up like that again.

This is because of an update to hotmail that was done about a week or so ago to change the layout and some other things. Hopefully this worked for you dude. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll try to do some more troubleshooting to help you out.

Last edited by endLess; 08-10-2010 at 04:02 PM.
endLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
endLess
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Did you manage to get it fixed?
endLess is offline   Reply With Quote