Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin
Generations Sandstorm.......Legend?

So I was going thru BBTS Preorder list and saw Sandstorm. Initially I was very excited by this, Octanes old sidekick would soon stand next to him on my shelf..........BUT, he's only a Legend. Granted a cute repaint of Beachcomber, but still a legend. Personally I only like the legends if the orig itself was a minibot, ie. BB, Warpath, Cosmos, Brawn, etc etc. It would have been nice to have another triple changer mold in deluxe size.

Anyone agree? Do you buy the legends regardless?
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:39 AM   #2
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Generations Sandstorm.......Legend?

I thought all of the Legends class from 2010 were slated for RotF... By which I mean that Sandstorm and all the rest are part of the RotF line just in new packaging.

Of course this doesn't mean we couldn't get one of the Triple Changing Autobots down the line, considering that Universe 2.0 had a Legends class Autobot Hound and the Deluxe Class version as well.

As for my feelings on the Legends class as a whole. They're fun little figures that stand in nicely together, they aren't even in scale with one another, but who cares? They're easy to army build (Buy up every single figure in the line and you'll have at least nine Bumblebee's across various iterations.) and one can never have enough small figures.

I wish they wouldn't have kept raising the prices though, I mean the first series released during the Cybertron days only cost 4.99 at most stores. Which I beleive carried over into Classics. Then they uped it to 5.99 for the first movie line, followed by 6.99 during the Universe days and now we're at 7.99 for RotF.
I don't think these figures are worth 8$, they're barely worth 7$... Which is why waiting for Sales is a good idea.

Collecting Legends Class is like buying an army of Mini-Bots or Cassettes from G1. Fun and fun to play with figures are always worth adding to your collection.

I hope Hasbro plans on repainting Cosmos that mold would be neat as a Decepticon or something. My only real complaint is that they seriously need to do a better job of Autobot to Decepticon ratios, RotF is much better because with Devastator added to your collection the Legends Bots and Cons are pretty much even as far as 1/1 goes, but Universe 2.0 flooded the market with a massive amount of Autobots in the first three waves and the last two were also mostly Autobots. (Still kicking himself for not getting Wave 4 at TRU when he bumped into them.) Here's hoping that if they do make actualy Generations Legends figures that they at least keep the sides consistent and relatively even.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

well remember dude, they made a Universe Legends Hound, and then in the next wave or so of deluxes we got the awesomefest known as Universe Hound w/ Ravage.

so ya never know dude. Hasbro might hit us from behind with a deluxe Sandstorm.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

Bought most of the universe 2.0 Legends, but only kept Wheelie to keep my Ultra Magnus company.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
lars573
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
So I was going thru BBTS Preorder list and saw Sandstorm. Initially I was very excited by this, Octanes old sidekick would soon stand next to him on my shelf..........BUT, he's only a Legend. Granted a cute repaint of Beachcomber, but still a legend. Personally I only like the legends if the orig itself was a minibot, ie. BB, Warpath, Cosmos, Brawn, etc etc. It would have been nice to have another triple changer mold in deluxe size.

Anyone agree? Do you buy the legends regardless?
First off Generations is ONLY deluxes. The repaints of universe legends Beachcomber (as Sandstorm) and the theme repaint of legends Hound are Hunt for decepticons. As for your specific question. A legend class figure doesn't cancel a larger figure in deluxe class. Universe II was a special case.