Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-09-2022, 10:38 PM   #241
quickkick
Generation 1
Re: Outrun Collectibles - No longer in business

His downfall was opening a brick and mortar store. He under took extra expenses where he didnt have the business acumen to handle. He should have stayed in his lane and be an online store.
quickkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:10 PM   #242
MikeWade23
Generation 1

Man… you give someone the benefit of the doubt and this is how they repay you… Learned my lesson, never gonna pay upfront for pre-orders with a small business again. All the excuses in that e-mail, they don’t justify anything and the nerve to just state that he will be shutting his email down. Disgusting, sorry to all those who were affected.
MikeWade23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:14 PM   #243
cookiecow
Mini-Con

Asked for a refund and then he said he's getting a shipment containing my pre-order and that it'd be shipped to me soon. "Great!" I thought. No updates or response after that. Now this.
cookiecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 11:31 PM   #244
Canadiangeek
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecow View Post
Asked for a refund and then he said he's getting a shipment containing my pre-order and that it'd be shipped to me soon. "Great!" I thought. No updates or response after that. Now this.
I'm pretty sure there's something illegal in his actions, we should all get on charging him with something.
Canadiangeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 01:21 AM   #245
Squirtl
Mini-Con

So, he asked people to buy more and use store credit knowing he would run and close up shop. Interesting. He also closed the website and his Linkedin.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/christoph...w.google.ca%2F

I wonder how Amir and other Canadian shop owners feel about this since he definitely put a bad taste in people's mouths. I hope you all can chargeback your cards.

I don't hate the guy, he just needs to be upfront and honest from the get-go. To anyone saying he should get worse from his injury is just acting childish. But yes, running away from your problems isn't helping.

Last edited by Squirtl; 11-10-2022 at 01:23 AM.
Squirtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #246
Canadiangeek
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtl View Post
So, he asked people to buy more and use store credit knowing he would run and close up shop. Interesting. He also closed the website and his Linkedin.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/christoph...w.google.ca%2F

I wonder how Amir and other Canadian shop owners feel about this since he definitely put a bad taste in people's mouths. I hope you all can chargeback your cards.

I don't hate the guy, he just needs to be upfront and honest from the get-go. To anyone saying he should get worse from his injury is just acting childish. But yes, running away from your problems isn't helping.
I lost lots of money because of him and even though I know other independent retailers out there aren't all like him, I won't be paying pre-orders upfront ever again.
Canadiangeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:10 AM   #247
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

So I never "fell victim" to this, mainly because I was already too picky about:
-> (thing I want isn't on sale)
-> (thing I want is on sale, but it's not a huge enough discount to consider, and I still got to pay for shipping, etc etc)

Plus the whole NMC phenomena had me spooked about advance paying for pre-orders, to the point where I never pre-ordered even from TSM & Pulse (only ever order items that were/are confirmed to be instock)

Basically (to my wife) "I don't want to be out money, waiting for months for something to come in"
Haslab being the exception, on the basis "its the only way to get these, and likely the cheapest since aftermarket will be bananas"

zero-down pre's are the way to go, GameStop is good for this - even though I wish they had better sales like Target, Amazon, etc - 10% is great on big-ticket items, but for smaller fry, it's a pittance

ANYWAYS I remember making an Outrun account and everything, but I never moved on it - lucky lucky

Hope everyone sees their desired resolution, this a terrible outcome for sure

Last edited by evenstaves; 11-10-2022 at 10:12 AM.
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:15 AM   #248
quickkick
Generation 1

Yessir a lot of ppl lost their hard earned money because of him. I work a second job psrt time to cover my hobby expenses and this chump crumbles in adversity when the going gets hot. The time he put in emails/fb/ig post on poor him he could have shipped what he can to his customers. Hes is unprofessional childish wannabe entrepreneur with multiple shortcomings. I recall an ig post story about somebody msging him good riddance and he screenshot it saying stay classy. Lol bruh dont even go there with that energy. Shame on him for his rolodex of excuses.
quickkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:07 AM   #249
Fermix
Generation 2

I do have an update to share. I have a Visa card with RBC and was able to open a dispute regarding items I pre-ordered in February and March. The item in February was expected by October 2022, so that was a slam dunk. The items in March were expected by December 2022, so I needed to provide the e-mail from Outrun on October 11th 2022 that clearly states they would not be fulfilling any remaining orders.

So, to anyone in similar circumstances to me, you might be in good shape to open a dispute.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:20 AM   #250
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
So I never "fell victim" to this, mainly because I was already too picky about:
-> (thing I want isn't on sale)
-> (thing I want is on sale, but it's not a huge enough discount to consider, and I still got to pay for shipping, etc etc)

Plus the whole NMC phenomena had me spooked about advance paying for pre-orders, to the point where I never pre-ordered even from TSM & Pulse (only ever order items that were/are confirmed to be instock)

Basically (to my wife) "I don't want to be out money, waiting for months for something to come in"
Haslab being the exception, on the basis "its the only way to get these, and likely the cheapest since aftermarket will be bananas"

zero-down pre's are the way to go, GameStop is good for this - even though I wish they had better sales like Target, Amazon, etc - 10% is great on big-ticket items, but for smaller fry, it's a pittance

ANYWAYS I remember making an Outrun account and everything, but I never moved on it - lucky lucky

Hope everyone sees their desired resolution, this a terrible outcome for sure
Pulse doesn't take your money on preorders until the item ships.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote