Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 AM   #1
devilsknight
Banned
More problems with eBay

Ok so I bid and win the Crimson Officers 3 pack on eBay for $14.00. I mainly bid on it because shipping is $3.83 to Canada.

Seller sends me an invoice with the total and $10.50 shipping to Canada (same USPS shipping method) Stating it was a mistake that he didn't include the weight of the item and therefore has to charge more. If I don't like it too bad and he will relist it.

I email him and say that's not cool what he's pulling on me. But I would still like to purchase the item and maybe we could meet halfway on the shipping. He messages me back accusing me of trying to take advantage of him, and that I purposely targeted him because I noticed the low price (if anything it was enticing and I thought it was a little low) but now he will ship it for the price but he will ship it loose...while I want it MISB.

Dammit ! Suggestions ?
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #2
Magnimus
Alternator
Re: More problems with eBay

End the transaction. The seller is not meeting the terms of the original auction. I wouldn't put up with that if I offered to compromise and were insulted by the seller.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
rid
Beast Machine

If he wants to play hardball, I say report him for fraud. He is changing the prices after the end of the auction. That's fraud.

My Wants:

Classics Game Of Deception (set preferred but individuals are OK too)
Most G1 Head/Power/Target-Masters
G1 RoadBuster, Scorponok, Shockwave
Any Optimus Prime (I have tons already but am always looking for more Primes)

Parts Needed: Triggerhappy's Targetmaster gun: Blowpipe (with gun attachment)
rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

Send a report to eBay.

I screwed up on Shipping once, and it was my fault so I just sucked it up.

He should do the same.
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
-KG-
Kranix

Report. Don't deal with people like him. He can't leave you a negative so you have nothing to worry about. The fact that he would threaten to send it loose would be a red flag for me and I would stop dealing with him.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rid View Post
If he wants to play hardball, I say report him for fraud. He is changing the prices after the end of the auction. That's fraud.
Unfortunately, eBay lets people get away with alot of garbage.

Try reporting him anyway. And be sure to at least give him a bad rating and write why.

As for saying you took advantage of his low prices, uhhhh... it's an auction. Of course you will be drawn to the low prices!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
Pascal
Banned

You won't get a neg for not paying, but you might end up with a unpaid strike. About 3 of them and you're out I believe.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
devilsknight
Banned

This is what I wrote back to him...

This guy is really being a sore loser !

I am not trying to take advantage of anything. I'm always on the look out for good shipping deals and your auction looked good to bid on.

Like I said I would meet u half way on this for shipping costs. I would appreciate the item NOT being opened as I had planned to purchase this and keep it MISB.

I can understand ur frustration, but a mistake was made on your end, I am willing to pay for the item to be shipped MISB, BUT it has to be at the price u advertised on ur auction, or my willingness to meet you halfway on the shipping.

Those were the terms of the auction were they not ? I understand your frustration, but you made the mistake and sometimes you just have to suck it up.

Don't get mad @ me for seeing a good deal & winning it. You should be mad that u made the mistake.

If there is anything positive to take out of this, you'll now be checking all the time for things like that.

I would like the item shipped MISB & for the amount i won it for plus your advertised shipping.

Let me know

I don't get it...i guess some people just can't admit their own mistakes and rather be a big baby about it instead.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:04 PM   #9
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I see nothing wrong with what you are doing, and the fact that you are willing to compromise with him is commendable.

He screwed up, he needs to suck it up and honour his prices. I know when I misquote someone on a price, I stand by it. My screw up... my fault.

Report his ass. eBay seems to be trying to toss sellers like this anyways.

Good Luck!

(Also, if he only offers them to you loose... let me know as I might be willing to take them off your hands)

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
devilsknight
Banned

He's agreed to ship the stuff in MISB and proper packing for the original price.

I'm paying him now and we'll see what happens when I get the item.