Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
devilsknight
Banned
So am I wrong to think this

So yesterday is my birthday...a day i'm never all that fond of as I don't like my birthday.

Anyways...this year i'm pretty happy about it coming, really looking foward to it, thinking I could actually have a good bday this year. Then my brother walks in and announces to everyone he got engaged like an hour before that to his gf. Then it turned into the whole day about them....oh and here's your cake....

Sooooo am I crazy to be a little upset about that ?! It's my birthday there's 364 other days to purpose to his GF and he chooses my birthday of all days to do it.

I don't like the girl at all...and we've got other problems that they wanna have their wedding like a week after we have ours...but that's tentative.

But seriously...am I crazy to be upset about doing the engagement thing on my birthday ?!
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
GMfan
Robot in Disguise
Re: So am I wrong to think this

Engagements are eventually forgotten for the wedding anniversary. Just be happy you survived another year and he'll be suffering...I mean happily married. Sure it kinda stole your thunder but it'll rain in another 364 days

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Timing sucks but that can of stuff happens...

In 2006, my wife and I buy a brand new SUV. A month later, sister in law decides to copy us and force his husband to buy the exact same vehicle.

In 2007, my wife and I decide to buy a brand new house. Guess what? A few months later, same sister in law decides she wants a new house too.

In 2008, my wife and I decide to try to have a baby. Guess what? Sister in law strikes again.

It seems she sees life like some retarded competition or something.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Timing sucks but that can of stuff happens...

In 2006, my wife and I buy a brand new SUV. A month later, sister in law decides to copy us and force his husband to buy the exact same vehicle.

In 2007, my wife and I decide to buy a brand new house. Guess what? A few months later, same sister in law decides she wants a new house too.

In 2008, my wife and I decide to try to have a baby. Guess what? Sister in law strikes again.

It seems she sees life like some retarded competition or something.
Actually I get that feeling with my friend and his wife, she always seems to be in competition with me.

I feel bad too cause they don't have alot of $$$ and when we do something it's cause we can afford it, she does it because she wants it bigger and better than me.

Ugh.
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #5
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

I don't see anything wrong with feeling like your thunder was stolen. It is the ONE day out of the year where you should be the centre of attention. I'm personally not that big on my birthday either, but would feel slighted if someone close to me took that day to do something big like that. However, I'm a little bit petty at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknight View Post
Actually I get that feeling with my friend and his wife, she always seems to be in competition with me.
I think we all have those people in our lives who have to "compete" with us. I find it easiest to laugh it off when these situations arise.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #6
onecoin
Banned

Did they give them your cake? That's not right. What kinda cake was it?
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

I think you are justified in feeling that way, but just try to be happy for your brother.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Ah Man, that sucks... I hope it didn't ruin your bday celebration.

I'm kinda the same way with my bday, I don't really like people making a big deal about it... but at the same time I don't want them to forget it.

Happy Bday by the way!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #9
Aernaroth
Metroplex

I've spent past birthdays at engagement parties, school events, and a whole bunch of other things where the focus isn't on me. Hell, I don't think I've even celebrated my birthday in the last 4 years or so. I mean, you've got a bit of a right to be peeved, but birthdays come and go. Your brother, on the other hand, just got engaged. That's the kind of thing that only happens once (god willing), so at least try to be happy for him. There's no sense in dwelling on it, I'm sure it wasn't intentional. And tell him since he totally stole your thunder on your birthday, he owes you something big next year. I think that's fair.
Aernaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #10
onecoin
Banned

Actually it could be worse. You could have a Christmas Birthday.
onecoin is offline   Reply With Quote