Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #31
thebobkat
Canadian Slag
Re: Is ''Transformers Prime Season 2'' in Blu-Ray supposed to released in Canada?

So I finally dug up the reason why the Season 2 Blu-Ray set isn't out here yet. It is as some suspected, because the show hadn't finished airing in Canada as of the Nov 27th release date. This is according to one of the guys working for Shout Factory, on the forum there: http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/...ormers%20prime

In the US, it finished airing Nov 2, and came out on the 27th. Teletoon's next new episode to air is listed as season 2, episode 19. Since there's 26 episodes in Season 2, it's at least another 7 weeks before it finishes airing, and then let's say another 2-3 weeks after that, before they start selling the Blu-Rays. So I'm guessing we won't see a Canadian release until March or April...

I do find it a bit strange though, if that's the reason they haven't released the blu-rays, why make the DVD version available on Amazon.ca?

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023

Last edited by thebobkat; 01-19-2013 at 06:28 AM.
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #32
justprime
Animated
Re: Is ''Transformers Prime Season 2'' in Blu-Ray supposed to released in Canada?

That would be the date except telletoon keeps pre-empting it for other shit it will be long after season three airs on hub so your getting the short end again for both seasons
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #33
SimonMK
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
So I finally dug up the reason why the Season 2 Blu-Ray set isn't out here yet. It is as some suspected, because the show hadn't finished airing in Canada as of the Nov 27th release date. This is according to one of the guys working for Shout Factory, on the forum there: http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/...ormers%20prime

In the US, it finished airing Nov 2, and came out on the 27th. Teletoon's next new episode to air is listed as season 2, episode 19. Since there's 26 episodes in Season 2, it's at least another 7 weeks before it finishes airing, and then let's say another 2-3 weeks after that, before they start selling the Blu-Rays. So I'm guessing we won't see a Canadian release until March or April...

I do find it a bit strange though, if that's the reason they haven't released the blu-rays, why make the DVD version available on Amazon.ca?
Thanks for the info, I didn't its was even aired in Teletoon, probably because I have Teletoon French.

At least its better than never. I am also waiting for Season 2 Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes but I don't know if its in the same situation.
SimonMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #34
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I love my american netflix as season 2 has been on it for months now
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #35
jourdo
Twitter: @jourdo2k3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
That makes no sense at all.

TFCC Runamuck x 3 Achieved! Now looking for Lego Ninjago NRG Jay for Christmas. If you can help, let me know.
jourdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #36
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Does anyone need this? I am going to the States this weekend, I can pick you one up.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #37
SolidusPrime
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdo View Post
That makes no sense at all.
Yup. That's why I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon.com. Seeing the DVD listed on Amazon.ca is illogical if they are indeed waiting for the season to end before listing the Blu-ray version.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
SimonMK
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Does anyone need this? I am going to the States this weekend, I can pick you one up.
Are you in Montreal city? How much for 1 copy?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #39
Tonestar
Star Seeker

According to a Canadian cd/blu-ray/game website Playstop.ca, Transformers Prime Season 2 on DVD & Blu-Ray will be available in Canada on APRIL 2, 2013.
At least now we know and circle the date on our calendars.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:40 AM   #40
SimonMK
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
According to a Canadian cd/blu-ray/game website Playstop.ca, Transformers Prime Season 2 on DVD & Blu-Ray will be available in Canada on APRIL 2, 2013.
At least now we know and circle the date on our calendars.
HMV's website is also saying April 2, 2013.