Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-03-2014, 08:08 PM   #41
DestronDecepticon23
Generation 2
Re: Tips and Tricks for First time TFCon Attendees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
If you're chatting with a dealer, make sure others can still browse the table. Frustrating when a couple guys chatting with a dealer can effectively block that entire table from buyers for what feels like a loooong time.

Also, there's water stations in the corridor - and the hotel staff have been pretty good at keeping the pitchers full these past couple years.
You know, I never actively thought of this one, but I would have to agree. Not that I mind people speaking with the dealers, but when they block a large portion of the table for a good amount of time, it can be a little frustrating (good thing it's a rare issue though).

Current Hunt:
Breakdown
Twincast
DestronDecepticon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #42
LadyBug
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageD View Post
Also not sure anyones mentioned it, but print out the schedule and bring it with you, highlight the things you want to see/do and plan accordingly. Having a plan makes sure you don't miss anything.
No need to waste your time or paper. You don't need to print out a schedule for TFCon. They usually have it printed on the back of their badges.
LadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #43
RageD
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBug View Post
No need to waste your time or paper. You don't need to print out a schedule for TFCon. They usually have it printed on the back of their badges.
That's fine but the same logic applies. Decide what you want to see/do, before hand by looking at the schedule.

Also if your going for only a day, you wont get a badge, just a wristband, so the printing of the schedule would still apply, or if you don't want to highlight certain sections, just grab one at the show.

Last edited by RageD; 07-03-2014 at 08:23 PM.
RageD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #44
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

good idea is to have your board name somewhere on you in case you're a new face.

also just have a good damn time
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #45
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

going to go against what a lot of people have said about doing a couple laps before buying, i'll admit that the advice makes my kind of shopping easier, but since i'm nearly done with what i want:

if shopping for vintage pieces or harder to get stuff, even older classics, mps, and whatnot:

1) Know the values and what you want to spend on each figure. Even a rough idea from completed listings for everything you want the week before the con will help you nab some good deals.

2) if it's a great deal when you see it. coming around for another lap is a mistake, it will be gone, get it then. Worst case scenario, you see one for a better deal or hear about it later, which doesn't bother me a whole lot since i already scored one for a good deal, maybe i could have saved $5, or i could have missed both and ended up paying $100 or more more than what i did later on the boards or ebay.

the above doesn't relate to 3rd party or current figures as they'll be at every other table anyways, those you just go to your preferred dealer and pick up.

Most importantly, shower and have a good time

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #46
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

and maybe wear a name badge (with user name) I know I will be this year so you fine people will know who I am lol.... some people may look at it funny but others will actually introduce themselves to you that are from the boards unless you are shy than I understand
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #47
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber

1) Shower each day - lots of people, close together...

2) Definitely check out panels. They can be a lot of fun and some interesting knowledge to be gained about different aspects of the hobby.

3) bring cash

4) Don't be shy, definitely check out the bar after normal show hours.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #48
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
going to go against what a lot of people have said about doing a couple laps before buying, i'll admit that the advice makes my kind of shopping easier, but since i'm nearly done with what i want:

if shopping for vintage pieces or harder to get stuff, even older classics, mps, and whatnot:

1) Know the values and what you want to spend on each figure. Even a rough idea from completed listings for everything you want the week before the con will help you nab some good deals.

2) if it's a great deal when you see it. coming around for another lap is a mistake, it will be gone, get it then. Worst case scenario, you see one for a better deal or hear about it later, which doesn't bother me a whole lot since i already scored one for a good deal, maybe i could have saved $5, or i could have missed both and ended up paying $100 or more more than what i did later on the boards or ebay.

the above doesn't relate to 3rd party or current figures as they'll be at every other table anyways, those you just go to your preferred dealer and pick up.

Most importantly, shower and have a good time
that's the reason I left TFcon 2011 with Star Saber for 40 bucks
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #49
Rev
Addict

Ok...what does it say about the fandom that people keep having to tell others to shower? Boggles the mind.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #50
Swalloweddark
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Ok...what does it say about the fandom that people keep having to tell others to shower? Boggles the mind.
It not just this fandom. Its ..like... every fandom. You'll get the same response for any con. Some people don't believe in showering for the whole weekend or soap or deodorant.. So...Yea. It pretty common.

---

My tips:

Please respect cosplayers in the Hallway and don't go running down there blindly. We work long hours and put ever ounce of effort to display these characters. Some have poor movement or visual aspects and it'd be respectful if you are either helpful or be aware to your surroundings. Don't need someone loosing a wing or have apart crush out of stupidity.

4-2-1 rule
4 hours of sleep - 2 meals - 1 shower

Don't stand in the middle of aisles or the hallway chatting with friends. Please move to the side. Cosplayer are usually stopped in the middle of the hall and we do our best to not block the area but larger cosplayers cant help it.

Just have fun. Don't over stress. Attendees, dealers, artists, guest and staff at TF con are extremely friendly.

Last edited by Swalloweddark; 07-03-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Swalloweddark is offline   Reply With Quote