Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #61
RodimusMatrix
Beasty
Re: Thrill of the Hunt or Relief of a Sure Thing.

I don't mind hunting but i do hate driving from one store to another and then hoping to find somthing but instead find nothing plus now that the gas prices are a lil high its a killer !
________
Chrysler Ad Platform History

Last edited by RodimusMatrix; 03-09-2011 at 10:43 PM.
RodimusMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #62
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroman2 View Post
Was the first sighting not in B.C.?
Yes, but I knew not to start checking my TRU in Kitchener until he started showing up in Toronto. As soon as stuff shows up in Toronto TRUs, Kitchener gets them within 3-5 days (usually).
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #63
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusMatrix View Post
I don't mind hunting but i do hate driving from one store to another and then hoping to find somthing but instead find nothing plus now that the gas prices are a lil high its a killer !
Yeah... I hear ya man... Two strategies I use to prevent the bummers is, one, I usually prepare myself to be disappointed, especially when I know scalpers are clearing shelves, and two, I try to justify he gas by making sure I'm taking care of a couple of errands in between, just so it's not a total waste.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #64
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions

I tire of the hunt. It takes way too much time and fuel to go from location to location, only to come up empty handed. If I were a completionist, then I would live for the hunt, but I'm not. I look for specific things after careful consideration.

Truth be told, I just want to go out and purchase what I'm looking to purchase, and then go home and then enjoy the spoils.

I enjoy browsing, seeing what's new on the shelves first hand, but as for picking things up (and this doesn't just go for Transformers, it goes for groceries, software, movies, etc.), I want to find what I'm looking for as quickly and efficiently as possible for as inexpensively as possible, and with as little hassle as possible.

I just don't find the hunt fun anymore. I've spent too much time and resources hunting only to come up empty handed. I'm like a fisherman fishing in a barren lake. At some point I'm just going to get really hungry and head to the store and get some damned fish sticks and be done with it all.

Last edited by Shepp; 09-11-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #65
TinTip
Generation 1
Post Re: Thrill of the Hunt or Relief of a Sure Thing.

I used to love walking into stores and finding new toys, still do. However now living in an area where I have 1 store to search and it is usually pretty sparse, I have taken to buying online more often now.

With the way the exchange rate is right now i find it is even cheaper then just straight up buying in store too
TinTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:09 AM   #66
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Whoa, holy thread resurrection. Welcome to the forums TinTip!

Since this thread was given a little CPR I'll add some hunt stats for me lately

The last couple waves, ie. Blurr, Dirge, WFC Cliffjumper and RTS Windcharger I've had some ridiculous luck. Most of these guys have been a royal pain for most to track down, I however was able to walk into Zellers on the first outting once each was spotted somewhere else in Ontario or the Q. I grabbed Blurr and Dirge at the first zellers I walked into. Cliffjumper, I nabbed on my first attempt. And RTS Windcharger I almost didnt even bother to look. Pascal had mentioned a day or 2 earlier he had located one up in Quebec. I was @ Zellers just by chance with my wife, not TF hunting and she asked if we were going to check the TF's b4 we leave, I hadn't planned on it but she said maybe my luck will continue and something will be there. She was right, one lonely RTS WC sitting on a HFTD peg.

So for me the hunt has been awesome lately. Although I did preorder Generations wave 7 as all 4 of those guys may pose a challenge for the first little while when its released. (Kup, WJ, TC and Scourge)
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #67
Perceptor
Alternator

There has been a super dry spell around my area... from early December to now... so I`ve been forced online... but hopefully by the end of this month the hunt becomes more interesting...
Old 01-10-2011, 01:55 AM   #68
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

kinda thinking of preordering a few waves to save the stress of one store searches

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:17 AM   #69
pandaprime
aficionado!

its been mostly a wasteland around here so the thrill has greatly diminished recently.

kinda worried about the quantity of RTS wave 1, anybody know if we'll see tons of stock or just one case per store??

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:03 AM   #70
anotheran
Old skooler

I pre-ordered toys i think will be hard to find. Too many scalpers in my area.

My Threads: Feedback , Sales Thread, Wanted List

My Latest Reviews: TFP RiD Vehicon, TFP RiD Knockout, TFP RiD Breakdown, MP Optimus Prime, FOC Bruticus
anotheran is offline   Reply With Quote