Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 11-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #41
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt
Re: Rumor: Possible Price And Release Date Of Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy (Optimus Prime

If we're saying the prohibitive cost of MPs nowadays is justified by packing in a dozen or so extra items, here's my solution: sell the base figure with essential accessories as one product, and make the surplus junk available to purchase separately. For the few collectors who will actually use the Starscream head and wings when they display their MP-44, go ahead and spend another 10,000 yen for those items. For everyone else, offer the basic package at a lower price.
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #42
predahank
Storing is hoarding
Re: Rumor: Possible Price And Release Date Of Masterpiece MP-44 Convoy (Optimus Prime

the key words are "surplus junk"
most of the shit never leaves the tray in my case
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #43
steamwhistle
Crossover

Some people spend $20 for shoulder cannons, and $40 for an immobilizer.

$500 means my kid won't play with it.
Ever.
Until I open it.
And forget to hide it.
And he sees it.

Better buy 2.

But really, it'll be a tough call, considering the price. I want to dedicate more funds to completing my G1 seasons 1&2+ (G1 reissue) collection.

I don't consider $500 too outrageous though, considering the accessories. And, I think, like Pascal, that the transformation looks more intricate, and I am looking forward to seeing how it works. To me, it looks like it will be cleaner. Wheels better hidden? Greater pose dynamics?

I can do without the Starscream parts. I'd rather Optimus parts which clip on the MP-Starscream. That would make more sense, if the purpose is to replicate that G1-episode storyline.

If it can change into the Alligatocon, I am definitely buying.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:30 PM   #44
steamwhistle
Crossover

And I really hope the cab-trailer connection is greatly improved too.

The G1 toy has a better connection than MP-10.

Something like the Magnii would be good.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #45
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Some people spend $20 for shoulder cannons, and $40 for an immobilizer.

$500 means my kid won't play with it.
Ever.
Until I open it.
And forget to hide it.
And he sees it.

Better buy 2.

But really, it'll be a tough call, considering the price. I want to dedicate more funds to completing my G1 seasons 1&2+ (G1 reissue) collection.

I don't consider $500 too outrageous though, considering the accessories. And, I think, like Pascal, that the transformation looks more intricate, and I am looking forward to seeing how it works. To me, it looks like it will be cleaner. Wheels better hidden? Greater pose dynamics?

I can do without the Starscream parts. I'd rather Optimus parts which clip on the MP-Starscream. That would make more sense, if the purpose is to replicate that G1-episode storyline.

If it can change into the Alligatocon, I am definitely buying.
It's not $500 in Canada, it's $600 CAD. Extra parts aside, the price does not warrant what you're getting. If this was an MP Devastator at that price, that would be fair, but it's not. I think if we cave in to purchasing a figure like this, expect Takara to increase the price drastically on all other future MP's (maybe Hasbro too).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:04 PM   #46
steamwhistle
Crossover

Well, what's another $113?
Old 11-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #47
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
All preorders have it at $400+ for 1 figure. $250 is definitely not enough considering all the accessories included.
Agree to disagree on that point. I can think of about 513,000,000 better uses for $250 that beam effects and Starscream wings. Cool stuff? For sure. Worth doubling the price of the figure? Absolutely not.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #48
Longshot
Pretender

I already purchased a bunch of lottery tickets...

Funny thing, BBTS has colour photos up and OP does look slick but a overview of the accessories does not justify the exorbitant cost. Though BBTS removed the price and in its place put up "COMING SOON!"

Last edited by Longshot; 11-29-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:19 PM   #49
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I think Takara is trying to upstage the $500 non-transforming Prime Screamer made by Hot Toys back in 2015.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...-toys-9022461/

Old 11-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #50
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
I already purchased a bunch of lottery tickets...

Funny thing, BBTS has colour photos up and OP does look slick but a overview of the accessories does not justify the exorbitant cost. Though BBTS removed the price and in its place put up "COMING SOON!"
The colored pics look alright, but something about the colors aren't really popping (maybe the pictures are just bad quality). Here are two of the competitors from 3rd party companies:

https://tf-direct.com/magic-square-t...-op-p2614.html

https://tf-direct.com/transform-elem...-op-p2616.html

They look just as good and costs a 5th of the new MP Primes pricetag

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 11-29-2018 at 07:40 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote