Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
The Ark
The Original Scalper.
Devastator Maximus Upgrade?

With the overwhelming success of the Fansproject Superion upgrade kit, as well as everyone waiting with baited breath for the release of the Bruticus upgrade, what do you think are the chances of Fansproject completing the trio with some new bits for Devastator?

Last edited by The Ark; 04-17-2010 at 11:47 PM.
The Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: Devastator Maximus Upgrade

I'm not sure, but personally I'd love to see them give us a Cement Mixer Chemist and a Dump Truck Hauler in the same vein as Explorer(Blast Off) and Munitioner(Swindle).

Considering though that Devastator has been out far longer from the Classics Days and they haven't touched anything yet... Well I'm not sure what to think.

If they could also somehow make a sixth member that thickens up the upper chest, maybe even give us a more G1 looking combination that'd just be gravy.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

I'm thinking the only reason fansproject made upgrades for them was because they got a 2nd release..which made them somewhat easier to find.

Last edited by Dragon Knight; 04-17-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Dragon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
I'm thinking the only reason fansproject made upgrades for them was because they got a 2nd release..which made them somewhat easier to find.
Pretty much the reason. Also why they probably pushed Protector back, as the Brutitcus sets are in stores, so fans interested in the upgrade have an easier time to find the set, depending on where they live. Who ever is interested in the Protector kit, probably has a Rodimus figure ready for it.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #5
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Pretty much the reason. Also why they probably pushed Protector back, as the Brutitcus sets are in stores, so fans interested in the upgrade have an easier time to find the set, depending on where they live. Who ever is interested in the Protector kit, probably has a Rodimus figure ready for it.
Doesn't make sense regarding the City Commander then, as that was something not everyone had.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #6
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

many people had the classic prime and could still put the armor on him, plus they did re release magnus in a 2 pack with classic prime which I thing was a wide release in the US (IDK aboot canada not having seen any of the 2 packs in any canadian store)
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #7
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
Doesn't make sense regarding the City Commander then, as that was something not everyone had.
At the time, the Prime and Magnus 2 pack was easily available in asia, when they started work on City Commander. Not sure if that was their reason to make City Commander, because of the 2 pack, or if they just wanted to make City Commander for their own personal reasons.

With the Bruticus set, and Protector, their by two different designers. Protector is by main designer, where as the Bruticus set is by the Superion upgrade designer. From my understanding, the main designer helps with all their projects. So they probably had him switch focus to help out with the Bruticus set. Thats just my speculation.

Also, keep in mind, FansProject choses projects they want for themselves, not what fans want. We're just lucky their TF fans, and are interested in the same characters as most of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix_Holder View Post
many people had the classic prime and could still put the armor on him, plus they did re release magnus in a 2 pack with classic prime which I thing was a wide release in the US (IDK aboot canada not having seen any of the 2 packs in any canadian store)
Target had the original Ultra Magnus release, with Skywarp. Then Hasbro released a Prime and Magnus 2 pack, in Asia, and some other countries.

Last edited by venksta; 04-18-2010 at 01:02 AM.
venksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #8
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I'd be thinking that would depend on if Hasbro/Taka re-release Devastator Maximus. Unfortunately seeing how poorly Superion and Bruticus sold at full retail price I can't see that happening.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Target had the original Ultra Magnus release, with Skywarp. Then Hasbro released a Prime and Magnus 2 pack, in Asia, and some other countries.
OT: Actually, the Ultra Magnus + Skywarp set is available in Asia, or at least in Hong Kong. I got mine from a TRU in HK while I was there at the time

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #10
Dragon Knight
Geass'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
OT: Actually, the Ultra Magnus + Skywarp set is available in Asia, or at least in Hong Kong. I got mine from a TRU in HK while I was there at the time
Yes, but is it still available there now...?