Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-18-2020, 09:05 AM   #11
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models
Re: About sightings...

I’ll be avoiding stores too for a while, other than groceries & necessities. It’s probably a tiny additional risk to swing through the toy aisle at Wally *if* that’s where you’re getting groceries & necessities but I probably won’t myself.

Of course that’s assuming I can find somewhere not wiped out of produce and meats.

On another note, I wonder if Amazon might expand their current US and UK limitations to Canada? From what I’ve read they are not shipping non-essentials like toys during this time.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:24 PM   #12
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Well Walmart locations are not closed, and EB stays opened for now. If you want to hunt there are still places to go. I am not really keen on going at the moment anyway

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #13
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Shrug. If I have to go out to work and go out to get groceries, then a quick peek in the toy isle isn’t exactly a wild renegade maneuver.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:14 PM   #14
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Shrug. If I have to go out to work and go out to get groceries, then a quick peek in the toy isle isn’t exactly a wild renegade maneuver.
You actually found food on shelves?! The shelves at Walmart are all empty other than the Junk food aisle... It sucks, I just want a couple bags of pasta and a pack of ground beef, but there is none left straight 3 days....
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 10:09 PM   #15
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
Gonna start selling toilet paper for 5 bucks each
I bought a 36 roll 2 weeks ago and still have lots so $5 rolls of tp on kijiji .....lol
Sell the TP piece by piece maybe someone will AFA grade some too! MISP 40 pack Toilet paper $250!
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:18 AM   #16
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Aren't we supposed to stay home at this point?
THIS ALL day everyday right now. Me and you often disagree but I am 1 million percent behind you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangard Ace View Post
TF ARE essential.
Quote:
Damn straight.
No outbreak will hold us back...lol.
Quote:
Mb toys r us was not closed today
I thought it was cause the baby r us doors were closed
It was dead in there but open and to my surprise fully stocked with earthrise
Saw another transformers enthusiast buying up the place..lol so he wasn't worried about no covid19 pandemic.
And, ALL of this attitude is a MAJOR part of the problem. Attitudes like these now are scary. Do I think some places have gone overboard with their measures? Sure, but health officials know the situation WAY better than us and this is not the time to buck the system and drag this out longer than it needs to be. I, for one, would like to get back to work and have the world open for business again, and reckless and careless attitudes like this will absolutely not #flattenthecurve
That said, I hope and assume these comments were just joking, right?

Quote:
Gonna start selling toilet paper for 5 bucks each
I bought a 36 roll 2 weeks ago and still have lots so $5 rolls of tp on kijiji .....lol
Taking advantage of necessities people need is disgusting, what a gross scalper move. A dude actually tried that here with TP and hand sanitizer and the police shut it down. He had to donate everything and take the loss. He got what he deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Why go ANYWHERE you don't have to? 2 words - social distancing.

I dunno about you guys but I cannot afford to not work for months instead of weeks because people aren't listening to the new rules of the new norm. Get onboard! We, the world over, are actually in this together. I humbly implore everyone to do what must be done now so this can just be a bad memory.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:00 AM   #17
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I was going to use "buy online and then just pick up" services from the Loblaws chain but their CEO is actually asking healthy, low-risk people to please shop in store and leave the pickup service available for higher risk / elderly people. Makes sense I guess.

So toget fresh grocery items (we reasonably stocked up on non-perishables early) I will need to shop in store for those. Otherwise the only times I leave the house is for walks (quiet suburbs, plenty of distance between anyone out walking).

My wife's 2 workplaces have had to put her on temp layoff (both are teaching/schools related) and the kids are off at least 3 weeks. But as a family of introverts it hasn't been that rough for us to do that.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #18
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
I was going to use "buy online and then just pick up" services from the Loblaws chain but their CEO is actually asking healthy, low-risk people to please shop in store and leave the pickup service available for higher risk / elderly people. Makes sense I guess.

So toget fresh grocery items (we reasonably stocked up on non-perishables early) I will need to shop in store for those. Otherwise the only times I leave the house is for walks (quiet suburbs, plenty of distance between anyone out walking).

My wife's 2 workplaces have had to put her on temp layoff (both are teaching/schools related) and the kids are off at least 3 weeks. But as a family of introverts it hasn't been that rough for us to do that.
Bravo for you guys. We are actually in the same boat as you, by the sounds of it. Let's hope everyone cooperates now so we can address this quickly and get back to living.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #19
Lioconvoy81
Beasty

I’ve gone to Walmart for groceries twice over the last ten days or so. Starting to get a better routine on how much we need now that my wife and daughter are home all day. I’ve picked up Legos for her on one of those trips to keep her busy. Don’t see the harm.
Lioconvoy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #20
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
And, ALL of this attitude is a MAJOR part of the problem. Attitudes like these now are scary. Do I think some places have gone overboard with their measures? Sure, but health officials know the situation WAY better than us and this is not the time to buck the system and drag this out longer than it needs to be. I, for one, would like to get back to work and have the world open for business again, and reckless and careless attitudes like this will absolutely not #flattenthecurve
That said, I hope and assume these comments were just joking, right?
and if you take my post as anything but a joke to lighten up this depressing situation nothing I can do about that.

Quote:
Why go ANYWHERE you don't have to? 2 words - social distancing.

I dunno about you guys but I cannot afford to not work for months instead of weeks because people aren't listening to the new rules of the new norm. Get onboard! We, the world over, are actually in this together. I humbly implore everyone to do what must be done now so this can just be a bad memory.
Social Distancing doesn't mean to lock yourself into a room and throw away the key. That's Self-Isolation. If I'm already buying groceries, which are ESSENTIAL, and no one is between me and the toy aisle I'm taking a stroll over there. If there's a person I avoid it and I keep the minimum two meters distance as advocated by the Govt and WHO, who only say 1m.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...ice-for-public

From Canada.ca

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...istancing.html

What does Social Distancing mean?
This means making changes in your everyday routines in order to minimize close contact with others, including:

avoiding crowded places and non-essential gatherings
avoiding common greetings, such as handshakes
limiting contact with people at higher risk (e.g. older adults and those in poor health)
keeping a distance of at least 2 arms lengths (approximately 2 metres) from others, as much as possible
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote