Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
Abraxys
With full honors.
Re: I don't care about my life

Well, I feel like this almost everyday of my life, I call it living....I've even thought of ending it myself, who hasnt really. It takes a lot of courage to get over it, and no one can really make it better other than yourself...

Now, im not going to tell you what to do, but I've personally read up on this topic and maybe you'll find this interesting...

http://www.iep.utm.edu/camus/

In Camus’ view there are three possible philosophical responses to this predicament.[suicide] Two of these he condemns as evasions; the other he puts forward as a proper solution.

Our first choice is blunt and simple: physical suicide. If we decide that a life without some essential purpose or meaning is not worth living, we can simply choose to kill ourselves. Camus rejects this choice as cowardly. In his terms it is a repudiation or renunciation of life, not a true revolt.

Choice two is the religious solution of positing a transcendent world of solace and meaning beyond the Absurd. Camus calls this solution “philosophical suicide” and rejects it as transparently evasive and fraudulent. To adopt a supernatural solution to the problem of the absurd (for example, through some type of mysticism or leap of faith) is to annihilate reason, which in Camus’ view is as fatal and self-destructive as physical suicide. In effect, instead of removing himself from the absurd confrontation of self and world like the physical suicide, the religious believer simply removes the offending world, replacing it, via a kind of metaphysical abracadabra, with a more agreeable alternative.

Choice three (in Camus’ view the only authentic and valid solution) is simply to accept absurdity, or better yet to embrace it, and to continue living. Since the absurd in his view is an unavoidable, indeed defining, characteristic of the human condition, the only proper response to it is full, unflinching, courageous acceptance. Life, he says, can “be lived all the better if it has no meaning.”

The example par excellence of this option of spiritual courage and metaphysical revolt is the mythical Sisyphus of Camus’ philosophical essay. Doomed to eternal labor at his rock, fully conscious of the essential hopelessness of his plight, Sisyphus nevertheless pushes on. In doing so he becomes for Camus a superb icon of the spirit of revolt and of the human condition. To rise each day to fight a battle you know you cannot win, and to do this with wit, grace, compassion for others, and even a sense of mission, is to face the Absurd in a spirit of true heroism.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:01 PM   #12
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Go to your family doctor and tell him you need to see a psychiarist.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
Old 06-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #13
Sureshot22
look behind you. tee hee
Sureshot22's Ebay Auctions

I worked with ems for years and also as an ems 911 call taker and have answered many calls for help like this one you are making now.

It is a call for help in the fact that you still have hope or are willing to get help because if you weren't or had totally given up you wouldn't have posted this and you would have just killed yourself. So this is a good thing.

Use the numbers or websites people have posted and talk to someone. It helps to get it off your chest.

We have all at one time or another thought about offing ourselves or most of us have im sure. It does get better. Talk to someone. It can't hurt.

Like others have said. If you want to feel free to pm me and we can talk.

Please take our advice.

PSN ID: SURESHOT22

FEEDBACK THREAD http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=9366
Old 06-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #14
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

You cared enough to tell us your life's problem. That's a good start. I had my fair share of shit in my life before, and I still do. I don't want to disclose my personal stuff here but this is a good community here. Sure some of us may only have seen each other one or twice, but we do care more about toys.

I am sure some in your city would have already reached out to you. Please response to them.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #15
supermanTF
Generation 2

Thanks for telling us about yourself -I wish you all the best and please speak to someone.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #16
skrilla 88
Jackass!

Does anyone here know him in person? Please reach out to him before he does something...

I am going through the same issue as you Ironwave. From the moment I get up, to the moment I go I bed, I feel depressed. I don't have much of a social life, a job, ambition or any future plans. But for some reason, I just feel compelled to change it. I never let the idea of suicide cross my mind.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:07 AM   #17
Hellboy
Alternator

Life is never easy... I'm 46 and will be out of a job in 2 months. I have a wife, 2 kids and a big-ass Toronto mortgage. I jumped ship from my biological family a long time ago because I felt like it was a toxic situation. I rarely go out at all or see my friends because everyone is like me, busy, and every day is just a giant ball of stress.

The thing is, at 46, I've learned that shit just happens. Life in general can suck most of the time if you let it. There is an answer for everything if you are willing to put effort in moving toward it.

Need an education or re-education? There are government programs.
Need a job? Get an education.
Want a girlfriend? Get a job.

Lots of people suffer from depression, anxiety disorders and sometimes just plain old-fashioned entitlement that inhibits their personal growth. There is help available for it all. Find it. Do it.

If you want a better life make it happen. Nothing comes without effort.

But honestly... Take a giant leap of faith first and trust that someone out there is willing to help you and wants to help you. Make a call.

Your post means that deep down you want the help. Listen to that part of you rather than the noisy part beating you down.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #18
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Great advice here guys. Iron wave, one day at a time bud. Just keep your head up.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #19
Pgianos
Banned

The depressed way you are feeling is a chemical imbalance of neurotransmitters. When stress in people predisposed to depression like me Dr pgianos we can't will it away it's just the predisposition we were unfortunately given. People can feel this depressed from all walks of life for different triggers with the predisposition. So please it's not your fault you think this way. You can't just will it away. There is help. A combo of education and medicine. Listen to b13 and scattershot as well. Call for help. I guarantee you will feel better.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:40 AM   #20
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Get some help, Ironwave. There is no shame in it. As you can see, lots of people care, including me
Closed Thread