Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-30-2022, 02:42 PM   #341
Yonoid
Nexus Maximus
Re: Outrun Collectibles - No longer in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickkick View Post
So i disputrd with my visa for the preorder that was done back i Feb and they credit my account the money with a dispute with vendor. They said it will take 40 days to resolve. Havent receive any notification if it was resolved but i didnt see visa hit my card back with the charge. Fingers crossed hopefully it has gone my way.
The merchant has 40 days to dispute the charge back, after that it's considered resolve if he doesn't dispute.

Best of luck
Yonoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 10:16 PM   #342
Grayfox
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickkick View Post
So i disputrd with my visa for the preorder that was done back i Feb and they credit my account the money with a dispute with vendor. They said it will take 40 days to resolve. Havent receive any notification if it was resolved but i didnt see visa hit my card back with the charge. Fingers crossed hopefully it has gone my way.
Exact same thing for me regarding the order I placed back in April. My bank credited my account quickly, telling me they could be charging me again if the dispute did not end in my favor. they could never give me a specific time frame for the duration of it all. Just telling me to keep the credit and that I'd know the process didn't work if I ever got charged again..
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 12:17 AM   #343
quickkick
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
The merchant has 40 days to dispute the charge back, after that it's considered resolve if he doesn't dispute.

Best of luck
Thanks i disputef with Visa back in mid October. Imagine 40 days has passed by now. Wonder if this has been resolved
quickkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 03:38 AM   #344
Garchompula
Mini-Con

Hey Chris, it's me, Austin from CobbleCritters! You might remember me chatting about my card game back in August. I'm sad to see you go, just as I've started getting interested in Transformers.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:00 PM   #345
Jive Turkey
Generation 1
Re: Outrun Collectibles - New Pre-Orders and In Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonoid View Post
Dear customers of Outrun Collectibles,
We had hoped to secure a deal that would have allowed us to fulfill remaining orders, exchanges, and refunds that are outstanding. Unfortunately, all offers for someone else acquire the business fell through last week, which has left the company fully insolvent and on the path to bankruptcy. This may be the last chance to explain how we got here, so I?m going to take the opportunity to explain how everything transpired.
Between July and September 2022, 4 major things happened that caused the business to end:
- Several months worth of products that were set to be released in the future all released at once. We went from spending $2000-$4000 a week on inventory to that amount every single day. In July alone we paid out $90,000 in preorder inventory costs, which was more than we had spent in the previous 8 months combined. The regular cadence of the releases were not followed in any way, and we even had products that were due to arrive spring/summer of 2023 come out at that time as well.
- Sales dipped dramatically during this time as well due to recession fears and preorder fatigue, which caused us to drop to about 25% of sales that we had done in previous months. Hasbro?s price raises and changes to their packaging also was a major contributing factor, which we have only started to see the fallout from. We were forced to pay a higher price for most preorders that were already placed, but we had decided to absorb that additional cost rather than cancelling orders.
- We had a massive amount of preorder cancellations happen. Between June-August we had over $20,000 in cancelled preorders. This was money that had to be returned, and worse, we still had to pay for all of those orders from our distributor because we had zero option to cancel them. With most distributors, if you do not pay for several items, they just won?t send you any more items.
- Rising shipping costs. As you?ve seen, most stores had to raise their Free Shipping threshold. I can tell you with absolute certainty that this area is where most stores are losing money consistently. Canada?s shipping rates have always been bad, and we always had to factor them into the cost, but the cost to ship a package almost doubled at this time. Since most orders would be fulfilled at a later date, we couldn?t retroactively charge more for shipping.
I had also rolled my ankle while crossing the street at this time, which caused a major tendon in my foot to displace itself. I?m currently having to be extremely cautious with my foot until the surgery as any excessive activity can cause it to tear, resulting in lifelong mobility issues. This was the deciding factor in closing the store, as there is no way to continue operations during that recovery time.
I know I?m leaving with a lot of people upset and even hateful towards me, and I have to manage and live with that, because I?m unfortunately out of options. I?m sorry I couldn?t have done better. This will be my final sign-off and this email will be closed after this has gone out. Thank you to all who supported us.

Why would it matter if Presales were released all at once? Unless you were running your shop like a ponzi scheme, you should've had the money that people gave you for the preorders to actually buy the product
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:07 PM   #346
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirtl View Post
So, he asked people to buy more and use store credit knowing he would run and close up shop. Interesting. He also closed the website and his Linkedin.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/christoph...w.google.ca%2F

I wonder how Amir and other Canadian shop owners feel about this since he definitely put a bad taste in people's mouths. I hope you all can chargeback your cards.

I don't hate the guy, he just needs to be upfront and honest from the get-go. To anyone saying he should get worse from his injury is just acting childish. But yes, running away from your problems isn't helping.
The only thing worse than his business practices is his terrible beard
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 12:40 AM   #347
Skorpulator
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
The only thing worse than his business practices is his terrible beard
Body shaming? At your age? C'mon man...
Skorpulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #348
ngnaw
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpulator View Post
Body shaming? At your age? C'mon man...
Age has no limit when one speaks their mind. Ill let this one go as there are far worse mind speakers in this day and age... i.e delusional gender talk...

Last edited by ngnaw; 01-03-2023 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Delrue called me a transphobe...
ngnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 05:04 PM   #349
delrue
Crossover

And that's a transphobe for the block list.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 12:20 PM   #350
predahank
Storing is hoarding

so looks like i won the arbitration to keep the chargeback $$
still cant believe this pos tried to contest the chargeback. Failing is one thing but fighting to keep stolen money says a lot about you. I hope your credit and reputation are ruined forever. Have a look in the mirror you lowlife and be disappointed at what you see
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote