Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #21
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Inquiries about stock over the phone

It depends on the store. And likely the item(s) you seek, and its demand.

I remember comments on the boards that TRUs were terrible for Hasbro MP Soundwave... Almost any collector getting them had found them with smashed and dinged boxes. I wonder if having to field a call every few minutes or more to see if the item is in stock became an annoyance, so much so, that when they did arrive, annoyed and disgruntled employees were less-than-proper about the transfer from carton to shelf. Not being accusatory, but there were a lot of reports about damaged boxes. I know 3 of the 4 MP Soundwaves that showed up at my local TRU had heavily-damaged boxes.

At another TRU, during the release of Hasbro MP Optimus, I was waiting at customer service to ask them about stock, and the rep there fielded 2 or 3 calls about it as I waited.

Personally, I prefer not to call in -- I enjoy the hunt, to some degree, and I also like seeing if there is anything else interesting in stock, even non-TF items.
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote