Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 08-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #31
devilsknight
Banned
Re: Cybertron.ca's Transformers Q&A Answers for August 2009 from Hasbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
Unfortunately finding the last two Universe Figures I need on shelves will be almost impossible resulting in marked up prices via ebay, boo'urns!
Which two would those be ?
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #32
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknight View Post
Which two would those be ?
Iron Hide & Galvatron. But I also forgot about Sideswipe so I technically need 3. Have been to 14+ stores and nothing from the early waves but Prowl, Sunstreaker and Tankor. Only others I ever see are Cheetor, Hound and Cyclonus but always 1 of here and there.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:37 PM   #33
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
I'm surprised by the number of people that don't have a Masterpiece Skywarp!
Not worth it imo. Starscream was enough.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #34
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

#3 is one of the same questions answered on Seibertron. Why would answer the same question twice, just on different message boards? I feel a little cheated.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #35
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

All they said is "Universe" is done. Look at it this way. ROTF has already released wave 6. That's only two more waves of a basic run. They have to do something once it ends seeing as theres almost 3 years until the next movie.

We know Animated is coming back in some form, we know they will continue with classics/universe style figures, so all we don't know is the label that will be used. I'm guessing they will be using a new product line to market all sorts of style figures. Movie, Classics, G1, Muggs, ect ect.

In short... they never said they'll stop making classics style figure, just that Universe is no more.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #36
Vangelus
Beast Machine

I so don't dig parts of Answer #1, but eh. I've ordered from the states and incurred no customs, and I'm curious to hear if anyone has been dinged for at-the-door customs from a HTS order to Canada.

http://ca.youtube.com/user/Vange1us
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #37
ChrisW
Thread Killer

My guess is that the upcoming Animated figures will bridge the gap between ROTF part 1 (which is mostly done in the USA) and ROTF part 2 (the 2010 equivalent of the Allspark Power figures from the first movie line). Looking at the release dates, there's nothing really coming out after September/October, and I can't imagine Hasbro not having new product available at Xmas.

Universe 3.0 will most likely bridge the gap between the ROTF part 2 stuff and the toyline for the new cartoon (which will probably come out before the next movie). I fully expect to see Jazz, Trailbreaker, and Wheeljack in the Universe 3.0 line (though maybe that's just me being optimistic for a change).

Actively Hunting: Legacy Nemesis (on sale)

Just Got: Legacy United Tasmainia Kid
ChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:28 AM   #38
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
All they said is "Universe" is done. Look at it this way. ROTF has already released wave 6. That's only two more waves of a basic run. They have to do something once it ends seeing as theres almost 3 years until the next movie.

We know Animated is coming back in some form, we know they will continue with classics/universe style figures, so all we don't know is the label that will be used. I'm guessing they will be using a new product line to market all sorts of style figures. Movie, Classics, G1, Muggs, ect ect.

In short... they never said they'll stop making classics style figure, just that Universe is no more.
Yeah, it could be just a label thing. Hasbro does like to change the name on everything. They can never just let their lines stay the same. They either gotta start a new line or add some stupid subtitle. The Unicron Battles, Powerlinx, Allspark somethingorother... Classics/Universe will probably be back, just with a new name. They'll probably call it something cool like "Neo" or something all encombasing like "Generations"... "Generation Neo", there ya go! The new name for Classics/Universe 3.0 will be "Generation Neo". It's like Megatron said, "New Packaging. Same Product...Losers!"

Or they could pull TransTech out of their asses...
Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #39
3rdStryk3
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm-Shift Prime View Post
So in conclusion I see this answer that they are really just servicing us as total garbage. If they really wanted to keep the price down there are better things they could be doing. Paying $30 shipping on a single smallish purchase (just for starters) is ridiculous and not market-savvy.
I agree with you. That answer to question #1 is total bull-plop! I don’t know what the real intention of charging such high fees are, but I know it’s not to make the customs process easier for the consumer. If that is the reason, I’d rather they don’t do me any favours and just give me the option of sending it USPS and advise me that I’ll be responsible for any additional duties and taxes. I’ll take my chances with Customs not applying anything, but if they do, I’ll pay it then. If Hasbro’s Main Competitor can run a Collector website and offer International USPS, then there’s no reason why they (Hasbro) can’t.
3rdStryk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #40
devilsknight
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
Iron Hide & Galvatron. But I also forgot about Sideswipe so I technically need 3. Have been to 14+ stores and nothing from the early waves but Prowl, Sunstreaker and Tankor. Only others I ever see are Cheetor, Hound and Cyclonus but always 1 of here and there.
I know i've seen Iron Hide and Sideswipe locally recently...i'll keep an eye out for you
devilsknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animated, hasbro q&a, universe